Australian Open 2014 Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would rather shoot myself than barrack for Stan who has dead set robbed us of an elite final. Hope Rafa belts him. More than that I want a calendar slam and Nadal is our best chance imo. As for the womens final..meh...it is womens tennis what do you expect, if they aint hot, I aint watching lol

Lol wat? Robbed us? So him BEATING Djokovic is robbing us? Lol

I would rather shoot myself than barrack for Stan who has dead set robbed us of an elite final. Hope Rafa belts him. More than that I want a calendar slam and Nadal is our best chance imo. As for the womens final..meh...it is womens tennis what do you expect, if they aint hot, I aint watching lol

How dare he perform better than another player.

Lol wat? Robbed us? So him BEATING Djokovic is robbing us? Lol

Be honest would you rather no1 vs number 2...or Rafa thrashing someone. Come on, I'm a Rafa fan and I'd rather him LOSE than to play a final and belt someone. It is boring.

How dare he perform better than another player.

Then enjoy the 3 set demolition job tomorrow as Stan is way out of his depth. Bagdathis/Gonzelez all over again. Fluked a win against a top player, flopped on the big stage.

Then enjoy the 3 set demolition job tomorrow as Stan is way out of his depth. Bagdathis/Gonzelez all over again. Fluked a win against a top player, flopped on the big stage.

You mean that same top player he took to a long five setter last year?

Stan is not out of his depth at the top. It's just Nadal is superhuman.

You mean that same top player he took to a long five setter last year?

Stan is not out of his depth at the top. It's just Nadal is superhuman.

The same Djokovic that beat Nadal in their last meeting at the AO. You are deluded if you don't thing Nadal-Novak is a better match, they always are. Not out of his depth? What is his record against Rafa again? At least Novak wins a fair portion against Rafa.

I don't know.

I congratulate Stan for getting through but if it Djokovic vs Nadal I would be really excited.

I just hope for a good match.

Didn't know that Swisse was Lleyton's choice.

Seriously who buys this swisse s**t? Their advertising budget must equal the GDP of a medium sized country, yet I don't think I know anyone who buys these crock of farcical crooked horsecrap - that actually isn't even backed up by any science. The money they must pay these stars..

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...rk-philippoussis/story-fnii0pkt-1226810345524

Solid preview from the Scud of all people. Loved his closing line.

He is already up there with Sampras, Federer and Rod Laver among the greatest of all time.
If he maintains his form at Melbourne Park for the next couple of years, he could be in a realm all his own.

He needs to win tonight first though. Nothing is a foregone conclusion and every match is it's own creature. Anything can happen. C'mon Rafa!

Don't mean to open up a Fedal GOAT s**t mix argument, but if Nadal wins tomorrow night then I think its almost a forgone conclusion he'll surpass Fed, and by quite a margin, to stand alone as the greatest tennis player of all time.

Don't mean to open up a Fedal GOAT s**t mix argument, but if Nadal wins tomorrow night then I think its almost a forgone conclusion he'll surpass Fed, and by quite a margin, to stand alone as the greatest tennis player of all time.

Don't agree on the GOAT- Laver is by a margin. Unless that is Nadal does not 1 but TWO calendar slams. People forget Laver missed 21 slams in his prime, gosh knows how many of those he would have won if he was allowed to play. Both Federer/Rafa, etc are all going for number 2 of all time. Who do I favour, no idea, Rafa has had a harder era though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Djoker was way off his game and only just got beaten.
Stan could play at that level and if Nadal doesn't play less than he usually plays he'll still win in 3.

You are not giving enough credit to Stan and he has improved a heap lately the last 2 years. Djoker has always struggled against him and the last 3 matches have been 5 set epics between them with whoever lost stiff.

I seriously give Stan a big chance tonight.

i just want Stan to play his best. his very best will test any player. Rafa should win but if the Stanimal brings his A+ game, then anything can happen. just ask the joker last year for 2 sets.

I think people are underestimating Stan's improvement in 12-18 months. he can match Nadal.

I think people are underestimating Stan's improvement in 12-18 months. he can match Nadal.

No he can't. Look at their recent record...like Federer the topspin forehand to the one handed backhand is a nightmare. He won't win, and it should be 3 comfortable sets.

and you know it was a alright singles final when there is only a couple complaints about equal pay/5 sets.

More that people don't bother watching it lol! I was watching the cricket instead. Watched the doubles final though!

Djoker was way off his game and only just got beaten.
Stan could play at that level and if Nadal doesn't play less than he usually plays he'll still win in 3.

Even as bad as Novak played he still should have won...and that was Stan at his best. Rafa doesn't have dips which Novak can have. It is my one criticism of Djokovic...he lets players into matches too often. If Rafa won the 1st set 6-2 he wouldn't have lost a set!

Be honest would you rather no1 vs number 2...or Rafa thrashing someone. Come on, I'm a Rafa fan and I'd rather him LOSE than to play a final and belt someone. It is boring.

I am happy with the final that is going to be played tonight. Two deserved contenders. You have to beat the best in order to be the best. Sure Nadal will probably give Wawrinka a flogging, but hey you got to give him a chance. After all, he did beat Djokovic.

I think Stan will be able to match it with Rafa in terms of backcourt play but I think the mental battle he'll go through will be too much for him. He's improved a crapload in terms of being more consistent mentally but going up against Rafa would be the hardest mental battle in tennis, coupled with the fact it's his first slam final.... I think it'll be too much for him in the end. The only chance he has if he takes a gamble and goes for his shots and goes down swinging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back