Australian Open 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with this.

2 highlighted moments of this. In the post match interview with Rafa, first question was "how good is Kokkinakis?" Something to that degree. Jeez, try and keep it subtle.

2nd was when Bruce kept egging Jim to say that Kokkinakis and Kyrgios were the best tennis talent there is. Ffs keep a lid on it.

Im happy for all the excitement but sometimes you need to be a bit more classy about it. Its unbecoming.

It's been happening for a long, loooong time.

It's part of Australia's view of its own position in the world.

He's even more of a tosser when he went up to the Aussie fans and threw hit top towards them. Then he celebrated like a complete tool even though he should have lost if it wasn't for Kyrgios's injury. I think I have a new most hated tennis player!!

Hewitt...Matosevic...Thompson...Ebden...Kyrgios...

Any male Aussie not choked while in a winning possie this tournament?

Hewitt wasn't a choke, Seppi played out of his mind to get out of the hole he was in

Kyrgios is an 18 year old cramping up in conditions he's not used to. To say he choked is absurd when you look at how clutch he was for most of the match

Thompson was just playing the much better player, no choke there.

Matosevic was playing a top 20 player.

Ebden was a choke though.

He's even more of a tosser when he went up to the Aussie fans and threw hit top towards them. Then he celebrated like a complete tool even though he should have lost if it wasn't for Kyrgios's injury. I think I have a new most hated tennis player!!

What injury?

Just on that, I can't understand why players still give a customary apologetic hand to their opponent whenever a net cord wins them the point. All part and parcel of the game.
It's more tennis etiquette than anything. They don't really mean it, just happy to win the point.

Did you hear the gracious comments from Paire towards Kyrgios after the match?

Yet more evidence that you and everyone slagging off Paire are the idiots.

If Paire was Australian you'd be calling him a legend, you're just sulking because he beat an Australian.

It was a tough match and Paire deserved to celebrate a great come from behind win, suck it up.

Lol, the fact that you have to highlight these "gracious comments" to paint Paire in a good light, is telling. You shouldn't need to highlight that, it's expected.

Why would I be calling him a legend? Matosevic and Tomic have been rightly bagged in this thread for being tossers. You're just clutching at straws here.

Just because you would do the same thing as Paire, doesn't make his actions less floggish. Lol.

Oh and also, I guess throwing his shirt into the fanatics is a "deserved" celebration. Plugger logic anyway.

Hewitt wasn't a choke, Seppi played out of his mind to get out of the hole he was in

Seppi is aiit, but I'm pretty disappointed Hewitt didn't wipe the floor with him regardless.
Kyrgios is an 18 year old cramping up in conditions he's not used to. To say he choked is absurd when you look at how clutch he was for most of the match

Thompson was just playing the much better player, no choke there.

Choke or not, you'd be fuming giving up a 2 set lead to any player. Just annoyed at the missed chances all our players have given up.

Agree with this.

2 highlighted moments of this. In the post match interview with Rafa, first question was "how good is Kokkinakis?" Something to that degree. Jeez, try and keep it subtle.

2nd was when Bruce kept egging Jim to say that Kokkinakis and Kyrgios were the best tennis talent there is. Ffs keep a lid on it.

Im happy for all the excitement but sometimes you need to be a bit more classy about it. Its unbecoming.

I saw that. Rafa just gave a pretty standard response answering it by saying the younger generation is coming through like it always has and that's good for tennis.

At the end of the day, the better player won, but it is expected of him to win. I don't know who the hell would celebrate that much when playing an 18 year old, let alone one who cramps midway through a sit but anyway....

It doesn't really bother me, because Kyrgios is really the one walking away as a true winner. I think Kyrgios would be getting major respect in the locker rooms now, whereas Paire I wouldn't really know. This is probably the turning point for Kyrgios' short career and can see a major blowout from the media after this.

So no, it doesn't bother me that Paire won. I'm just calling a flog a flog.

I actually thought that was pretty good value, a bit cheeky but eh, all in good fun.

Also just no, he and Kyrgios were exactly even on points won around the start of the 3rd set, so although it was 2/0, I didn't think Kyrgios looked like running away with it at any point, had every point as 50-50 until he started cramping.

The way I see it, they were almost on exactly the same level until Kyrgios ran out of puff, which is a great positive for him I'd think, you could argue that at his level of skill, if he had a bit more legs, he should be equal 27 in the world.

With more endurance and exposure to high level games he'll do good things in the future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Choke or not, you'd be fuming giving up a 2 set lead to any player. Just annoyed at the missed chances all our players have given up.

Oh, no doubt, this loss will hurt (especially looking at the draw) for Nick. But it was no choke, if he had some more miles in his legs he would of won tonight.

I think we are looking forward to plenty of fun matches (and late nights) with Nick in the next 10 years providing he stays injury free. Just needs to try and let this one go.

I actually thought that was pretty good value, a bit cheeky but eh, all in good fun.

Also just no, he and Kyrgios were exactly even on points won around the start of the 3rd set, so although it was 2/0, I didn't think Kyrgios looked like running away with it at any point, had every point as 50-50 until he started cramping.

The way I see it, they were almost on exactly the same level until Kyrgios ran out of puff, which is a great positive for him I'd think, you could argue that at his level of skill, if he had a bit more legs, he should be equal 27 in the world.

With more endurance and exposure to high level games he'll do good things in the future.

I think the right man won. It wasn't really an injury that caused Kyrgios to lose, it was just a lack of endurance which caused the cramping, and that has to factor into performance, not an excuse for a lack of one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back