Australian Open 2015 - Day 7

Remove this Banner Ad

You just couldn't think they could do interviews worse, then Hame just steps right up. Unbelievable... :straining:

keep points short and hes at least a chance. he can overpower murray

Problem is going to be serves that have been aces against other players are going to be coming back and dropping on the baseline, he's going to have to hit one more ball almost every time compared with Seppi.

I'd be surprised if Murray is anything more than $1.20

What did Hamish do?

Kyrgios is going to get routed as soon as Murray gets the ball back in play it's a miss match, i'm expect a 6-2 6-3 6-4 match in under 2 hours probably the worst match up possible for him.
Tomic would have been a better match for Murray, superior stamina and takes the edge off the ball.

Vital that Kyrgios keeps up with him in the first and second sets.

Problem is going to be serves that have been aces against other players are going to be coming back and dropping on the baseline, he's going to have to hit one more ball almost every time compared with Seppi.

I'd be surprised if Murray is anything more than $1.20
maybe but i thought seppi returned and played pretty well today himself. Obviously murray is a step up.. if nick gets a set and the crowd get behind him who knows

There were 3 obvious BS calls, and the worst thing is they were plain obvious. The line judges are having a shocker of a tournament.
Yea I know right man, couldn't believe how far they were in yet called out. I did notice Dimitrov made a host of unforced errors at 5-3 especially.

Give Murray some credit though, he could've gave in at 2-5 but didn't. Well deserved

Nick is the underdog who's nothing to lose. Although beating Murray is highly improbable, I still expect a great match from Nick.

Yeah, Murray is a pretty bad match up for Kyrgios I think. His movement/fitness isn't there yet, he will have to play a lot more balls, even more than Seppi threw back at him (and Seppi is a pretty damn good counter-puncher). Murray has more variety in his game as well, bigger serve and I think his slice will give Kyrgios some trouble (Robredo won his US Open encounter with Nic by using the slice very effectively against him). I'm expecting a tight first set then something like 4 and 3 in the last 2. Hope I'm wrong, but at this stage I can't see him doing much damage to Murray.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd give him a better chance vs Nadal again than Murray, You can get more cheap service points against Rafa on grass and hard courts than you can against Murray, that's where i think he could come unglued.

With this run to the quarters for Kyrgios he will go up to number 35 in the world, which means he is getting into seeding territory for future grand slam tournaments.

With this run to the quarters for Kyrgios he will go up to number 35 in the world, which means he is getting into seeding territory for future grand slam tournaments.

With bugger all to defend until Wimbledon so he could be seeded in the 20's by the time Wimbledon comes around

Yea I know right man, couldn't believe how far they were in yet called out. I did notice Dimitrov made a host of unforced errors at 5-3 especially.

Give Murray some credit though, he could've gave in at 2-5 but didn't. Well deserved

Murray was the better player and for the record even though I thought it would go 5, Murray was my tip. Still that's where the centre umpire should use some common sense. Murray wasn't getting those balls back.

Nadal will breeze through this half though.

Murray was the better player and for the record even though I thought it would go 5, Murray was my tip. Still that's where the centre umpire should use some common sense. Murray wasn't getting those balls back.

Nadal will breeze through this half though.
Agree with all of that except Nadal won't breeze through as simple as that.

Yea for sure. But lets hope he isn't another Tomic and only plays well in Australia and Wimbledon.

At least he has a more rounded game than Tomic. Has the shots to do well in most surfaces with clay a question mark.

Agree with all of that except Nadal won't breeze through as simple as that.

If Nadal plays the way he did today he will get through. Can't see Berdych or Murray going through, or Kyrios for that matter.

Turned it off after match didn't see the Hamish/Murray interview anyone got a link to it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back