Status
Not open for further replies.

vaughany

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 23, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Prices/ticketing info is out for next year...

Margaret Court Arena will be up and running fully ticketed venue will be good to check out how the redevelopment of it went and how it will look with the roof.

Seems now that Hisense Arena will be accessible on a ground pass.

3 courts with a roof pretty lucky :thumbsu:

So effectively Hisense becomes MCA and vise versa? Supposedly 9,200 seats will be available to ground pass holders in Hisense. I thought this was a dumb idea but now that I think about, you'll fill up Hisense with ground pass holders and MCA will probably fill up full of interested people to see the new stadium and get tickets anyway. Plus, you'll have more room for people queuing to get in to Hisense then you would at MCA. Makes sense.

So effectively Hisense becomes MCA and vise versa? Supposedly 9,200 seats will be available to ground pass holders in Hisense. I thought this was a dumb idea but now that I think about, you'll fill up Hisense with ground pass holders and MCA will probably fill up full of interested people to see the new stadium and get tickets anyway. Plus, you'll have more room for people queuing to get in to Hisense then you would at MCA. Makes sense.

Yeah spot on, I dare say I will be one of the people who gets a Margaret court arena ticket in the first week just for the novelty factor of checking out the new stadium

$39 for a ground pass or $60 for a MCA seat so I reckon a lot of people will pay the extra $21 to have a "permanent" seat for the day in between floating around outside courts

Will you be able to get into Hisense with a MCA reserved seat ticket?

I must be honest that I'm not happy with the reserved seat ticketing of MCA now. I knew that once it was upgraded it would head in the direction of a reserved seat venue.

It was the one thing left for the everyday fan in my opinion. The atmosphere created on MCA was always fantastic. I'm not sure it will be the same again.

Yep, so basically Hisense is the ground pass arena now and MCA is ticketed. I think it's a good idea, Hisense will have a better atmosphere and MCA still should be pretty good as they should be able to fill it each day.

I like the idea of having more seats available for Ground Pass Holders although as a venue I prefer MCA to Hisense.

I wonder if that will mean the night match that was previously at MCA will be moved to Hisense and remain a match for the "after 5" ground pass holders?

This event will become a rip off if it is not already! Does Tennis Australia has any idea how to run a slam?? I am starting to doubt that they do!! What is the number 2 court at the Australian Open? Margaret Court Arena or Hisense Arena!! Better work that out!! I just want to see basically Rafa and hopefully he plays on Hisense one time!! The middle Saturday ground pass is a joke!! They are skimming there fans and they continue and people still rock up!!! Gone are the days when you can use the five day ground pass on the weekend!!

Hisense Arena being ticketed gives value to ground pass ticket holders as there will be more seats available to ground pass holders. My only concern is that they have made considerations as far where people can line up to get in and that it doesn't get overcrowded which is why it came a fully ticketed arena in the first place. Everything else is supply and demand, when you're selling out middle saturday, it's only simple economics.

Hisense Arena being ticketed gives value to ground pass ticket holders as there will be more seats available to ground pass holders. My only concern is that they have made considerations as far where people can line up to get in and that it doesn't get overcrowded which is why it came a fully ticketed arena in the first place. Everything else is supply and demand, when you're selling out middle saturday, it's only simple economics.
Just clarifying will Hisense now be all accessible on ground pass or just some seats?

Hmmm not sure what tickets im gonna go for this year. Usually I go to Hisense for the first 4 days.

Yeah in a similar dilemma in opening days...don't know whether to buy a MCA seat then just go outside courts if a better match on or just take a risk get a ground pass in opening days and head over HS arena

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This event will become a rip off if it is not already! Does Tennis Australia has any idea how to run a slam?? I am starting to doubt that they do!! What is the number 2 court at the Australian Open? Margaret Court Arena or Hisense Arena!! Better work that out!! I just want to see basically Rafa and hopefully he plays on Hisense one time!! The middle Saturday ground pass is a joke!! They are skimming there fans and they continue and people still rock up!!! Gone are the days when you can use the five day ground pass on the weekend!!

Easy for me to say as I have attended when a student or when working in retail/hospitality over the weekend but the value in the open is the ground pass for the first 4 days. If I was working full time mon-fri I would either take those few days annual leave or cough up for night session tickets for 4th round/quarter final on rod laver.

Easy for me to say as I have attended when a student or when working in retail/hospitality over the weekend but the value in the open is the ground pass for the first 4 days. If I was working full time mon-fri I would either take those few days annual leave or cough up for night session tickets for 4th round/quarter final on rod laver.

Spot Hamingja that is where the value lies. Roam the outside courts on opening days (don't do it on the weekend). The second Monday is public holiday this year (aust day) so I reckon the Sunday night fourth round on RLA is a good bet

Have splurged every year on tickets. Keeps getting more and more expensive :(

5-day ground pass is now 150 dollars. Used to be like 70 bucks back in the day...

Have splurged every year on tickets. Keeps getting more and more expensive :(

5-day ground pass is now 150 dollars. Used to be like 70 bucks back in the day...
If by back in the day you mean 15 or 20 years ago then you're talking about an increase in line with inflation

Can't believe people are whinging about the prices. With 6 Aussies in the top 1, it's going to be huge.
I'm still going, but the prices are just unrealistic. It's not worth paying that much for that little. Realistically speaking, you're not going to watch every Aussie play, considering the crowds are getting bigger and bigger each year. I couldn't even get in for a Bouchard match this year.

I'm still going, but the prices are just unrealistic. It's not worth paying that much for that little. Realistically speaking, you're not going to watch every Aussie play, considering the crowds are getting bigger and bigger each year. I couldn't even get in for a Bouchard match this year.
$150 for 5, 6+ hour days of tennis that will likely feature a couple of players ranked in the top 10 and plenty in the top 50? You're talking about $5 an hour here.

Compare that to other entertainment

Movies - $20 for 2hrs
Footy - min $30 for 2.5 hrs
Ice Skating - $28 for 2 hrs

I don't want to know how much going to movie/sea world costs

$150 for 5, 6+ hour days of tennis that will likely feature a couple of players ranked in the top 10 and plenty in the top 50? You're talking about $5 an hour here.

Compare that to other entertainment

Movies - $20 for 2hrs
Footy - min $30 for 2.5 hrs
Ice Skating - $28 for 2 hrs

I don't want to know how much going to movie/sea world costs
Again, it's very unlikely you'll be seeing many quality matches. I can't even count the amount of times I've watched a men's match that has gone 5 sets. That takes up basically half the day. When you're looking for a match to watch, the good ones are always full. I waited a good 1 hour for Tipsarevic/Gasquet the other year.

It's like paying 150 bucks for a Collingwood/Essendon match where you're seated on the third level. Then there's Hawthorn/Sydney and Fremantle/West Coast playing at the same time..

No. I'm talking about 2010, 2011, 2012.
I had a friend who bought daily ground passes that were $15 in 2000!! It has nearly tripled in price in 15 years. Now they have a weekend ground pass. It is becoming so ridiculous the event!! Hopefully they dont put ground passes up for another couple of years!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back