Australian Open 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anyone one want to devote an hour to a schedule prediction and post it up?
Thanks in advance

I've worked on it a bit up to SC2. not sure what to make of it at the moment but ah well I'll see what reception it gets. The rest of the games could be anywhere.

ROD LAVER ARENA
Morning/Afternoon Session
Qualifier V Sharapova
Lu V Federer
Kamke V Tomic

Night Session
Delbonis V Kyrgios
Bouchard V Friedsam

MARGARET COURT ARENA
Halep V Knapp
Murray V Qualifier
Youzhny V Nadal

Night Session
Ivanovic V Qualifier
Brown V Dimitrov

HISENSE ARENA
Groth V Krajinovic
Gajdosova V Dulgheru
Begu V Kerber

Night Session
Berdych V Falla

SHOW COURT 1
Qualifier V Matosevic
Kokkinakis V Gulbis
Mestach V Makarova
Baghdatis V Gabashvili

SHOW COURT 2
Lisicki V Mladenovic
Millman V Mayer
Thompson V Sousa
Savarova V Shvedova

So the draw on the Monday runs pretty deep with the names that are there. That's my effort, not sure if I left out any big names but yeah we'll see how it pans out.

Last edited:
Interesting to see that that they are going to play the bottom half on Monday, expected different tbh. Now to break down the Aussie's draw:

Hewitt vs. Zhang - I don't have a lot of confidence for Lleyton coming into this Open but he should get up for this, should see this as a chance to win another match here with it most likely being a night match I see Hewitt winning this in 4. Winner plays Benneteau most likely.
Millman vs. Mayer - Mayer has a really solid game with a nice forehand, its going to be very hard for John to break it down. fingers crossed but Mayer in 4.
Tomic vs. Kamke - Kamke has some big shots but Bernie will frustrate him with his slices and general Bernie-ness.Burnie in straight. With Kohlschrieber in the 2nd round (although I don't think he'll be as bad as he was in Sydney), Tomic must like his draw.
Groth vs. Krajinovic - Groth would be a happy with a player lower ranked than him but Flilp is an up and coming player with a good game. Grothy in 4.
Kokkansis vs. Gulbis - Worst draw out of the lot, he'll have too much Gulbis but there should be some fun moments, Gulbis in straight.
Duckworth vs. Kavcic - Is this even mathematically possible? 4th time they played each other in slams in 2 years. Ducky played some very good tennis before getting his arse kicked by Fed in Brissy. Should be another brutal match. Ducky in 5. Winner plays Berlocq/Gasquet.
Saville vs. Qualifier - Form looks very sketchy coming in, really got this wc based on his wimby result last year. Have to favour the qualifer whoever it is to face Nadal most likely in the 2nd round.
Matosevic vs. Qualifier - Hey, Marinko get a brain. His oplay has been awful this summer so far and screw it, it will contiune, loses in 4 to whoever he plays.
Thompson vs. Sousa - Sousa has has some solid har court results, I can' see Thompson doing it but maybe takes a set. Sousa in 4.
Kyrgios vs. delbonis - Delbonis was one of the most talked about prospects a few years ago, Nick (along with Coric) not holds that title, should be a srong test and will most likely have some sort of injury. Delbonis to upset 7 and lost in 4.

As far as the women, Stosur can win her first rounder but we'll see. Dellacqua has a tough draw against Muesburger and then could play Keys who she has lost her to her before. gajdosova has a potential 2nd round match with Halep if she can actually win her first rounder.

I've worked on it a bit up to SC2. not sure what to make of it at the moment but ah well I'll see what reception it gets. The rest of the games could be anywhere.

ROD LAVER ARENA
Qualifier V Sharapova
Lu V Federer
Kamke V Tomic

Night Session
Delbonis V Kyrgios
Bouchard V Friedsam

MARGARET COURT ARENA
Halep V Knapp
Murray V Qualifier
Youzhny V Nadal

Night Session
Ivanovic V Qualifier
Brown V Dimitrov

HISENSE ARENA
Groth V Krajinovic
Gajdosova V Dulgheru
Begu V Kerber

Night Session
Berdych V Falla

SHOW COURT 1
Qualifier V Matosevic
Kokkinakis V Gulbis
Mestach V Makarova
Baghdatis V Gabashvili

SHOW COURT 2
Lisicki V Mladenovic
Millman V Mayer
Thompson V Sousa
Savarova V Shvedova

So the draw on the Monday runs pretty deep with the names that are there. That's my effort, not sure if I left out any big names but yeah we'll see how it pans out.

That's a top effort.

Schedulte prediction for Day 1:
RLA:
Halep vs. Knapp
Federer vs. Lu
Kamke vs. Tomic

They don't like putting two men's matches on the day session but I don't think they have a choice.

Sharapova.vs. Qualifer
Kyrgios vs. Delbonis

Seven are going to hype Nick insanely.

MCA:
Bouchard vs. Freisham
Murray vs. Qualifer
Ivanovic vs. Qualifer

Night:
Gajdsova vs. Dulgheru
Nadal vs. Youzhny

Putting Nadal here is making sure it gets sold out for the night session, the aussie influence will help.

Hisense:
Groth vs. Kranijovic
Kerber vs. Begu
Safarova vs. Shevdova
Kokkansia vs. Gulbis

Going to be interesting to see how it goes as the lower ranked aussie court

ROD LAVER ARENA
Qualifier V Sharapova
Lu V Federer
Kamke V Tomic

Night Session
Delbonis V Kyrgios
Bouchard V Friedsam

MARGARET COURT ARENA
Halep V Knapp
Murray V Qualifier
Youzhny V Nadal

Night Session
Ivanovic V Qualifier
Brown V Dimitrov

HISENSE ARENA
Groth V Krajinovic
Gajdosova V Dulgheru
Begu V Kerber

Night Session
Berdych V Falla

SHOW COURT 1
Qualifier V Matosevic
Kokkinakis V Gulbis
Mestach V Makarova
Baghdatis V Gabashvili

SHOW COURT 2
Lisicki V Mladenovic
Millman V Mayer
Thompson V Sousa
Savarova V Shvedova

Done well mate you should be the official scheduler!

ROD LAVER ARENA
Qualifier V Sharapova
Lu V Federer
Kamke V Tomic

Night Session
Delbonis V Kyrgios
Bouchard V Friedsam

MARGARET COURT ARENA
Halep V Knapp
Murray V Qualifier
Youzhny V Nadal

Night Session
Ivanovic V Qualifier
Brown V Dimitrov

HISENSE ARENA
Groth V Krajinovic
Gajdosova V Dulgheru
Begu V Kerber

Night Session
Berdych V Falla

SHOW COURT 1
Qualifier V Matosevic
Kokkinakis V Gulbis
Mestach V Makarova
Baghdatis V Gabashvili

SHOW COURT 2
Lisicki V Mladenovic
Millman V Mayer
Thompson V Sousa
Savarova V Shvedova

I reckon they'll squeeze in Ivanovic and Krajinovic together just for the Serbian fans to dish out $$ as well. They always turn out in big numbers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Prediction on which Aussie lasts longest in the tournament?

Smart money is on Tomic, he only turns up for 2 tournaments a year and one is this one. Kyrios IF he gets through round 1 has a decent chance too. The rest have no hope.

Smart money is on Tomic, he only turns up for 2 tournaments a year and one is this one. Kyrios IF he gets through round 1 has a decent chance too. The rest have no hope.
Tomic will kill Kamke in straight sets.

Prediction on which Aussie lasts longest in the tournament?

Tomic has a really nice draw and can make the fourth round against Berdych. I think Hewitt can make it through to the third round in what could very well be his last Open, would likely have Monfils, Delpo or Jerzy in the third.

As for the ladies, if Stosur plays at her best and keeps the mindset issues away she'll make it to play Petkovic, otherwise Dellacqua in the second or third round (she could face Keys in the second round, then Kvitova likely awaits if she gets through Keys)

Tomic has a really nice draw and can make the fourth round against Berdych. I think Hewitt can make it through to the third round in what could very well be his last Open, would likely have Monfils, Delpo or Jerzy in the third.

As for the ladies, if Stosur plays at her best and keeps the mindset issues away she'll make it to play Petkovic, otherwise Dellacqua in the second or third round (she could face Keys in the second round, then Kvitova likely awaits if she gets through Keys)

It will be a minor miracle is Stosur wins a match let alone 2 or 3. Hopefully Del Potro takes out Janowitz who I can't stand one single bit.

Hope aga wins the womens. That would be awesome

Radwanska has no chance, tough draw and she isn't at her best, would need a lot of luck. If she couldn't fluke her way to Wimbledon last year, she aint winning this year. That was her chance.

I think Nick will win his R1 match easily, but a potential R2 match against Karlovic might be tough with Karlovic's serving.

I reckon Keys v Dellacqua could be an intriguing battle, but I am expecting 2015 to be the year for Keys. Keys will be a star, I'm just not sure if it will be this year, but I reckon she is a sneaky chance to go all guns blazing in 2015 and make her name as a star.

Hope aga wins the womens. That would be awesome
I was reading two nights ago (maybe on Wiki) that she has been voted the most popular female Tennis player for five years coming. That came as a huge surprise to me, as I didn't think she was a huge household name. I like her as a player. I think she is very creative and is quite good defensively. I love the way she crouches low and practically sits on the court to return some of her shots with terrific accuracy.

Another thing I like about her is the way her name is pronounced. There is no better name in men's or women's Tennis I like saying more, when pronounced correctly.

I would be surprised if Dellacqua beats Keys.

Djokovic v Federer Final looking a real possibility.

Federer has such a smooth 1/8. His toughest opponents are Robredo, Karlovic, Chardy and Coric and all those opponents just about scream straight set victories. Karlovic could possibly take a set off Roger in a tiebreak. Kyrgios if he was fit could be added, but again I think it will be a big effort for him to take even a set off Roger.

Murray or Dimitrov his most likely 1/4 opponent. On their best days, they could cause Fed trouble, but you would have to fancy Federer in four or five.

Berdych and Nadal looks a solid chance to be the other 1/4 matchup in the quarter, but I question Nadal's fitness. I would fancy Nadal over Federer if they meet in the Semis, but that's only because Nadal making the semis would mean he is back to 100%. I actually don't think Nadal will win his quarter.

Djokovic won't lose to Wawrinka again.

Djoker in career best form since the US Open. He was super in Beijing, Paris and the Masters Cup last year. His form in those tournaments against his highest ranked challengers was scary. There's a reason why he is evens to win the Aus Open. I can't remember a player ever being evens at the start of a Grand Slam to win the title. Not even Rafa on clay, who usually trades around $2.20-$2.40.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back