Australian Open 2016 - Day 13

Remove this Banner Ad

If she watched that Vinci game before tonight.
It's actually not that bad a question. It was serena only grand slam loss out of her last 35 prior to tonight. Kerbers drop shots in the third set were some of the greatest I've seen under pressure. She used her angles well and kept the ball short when using the angle shot.

I would have been happy for serena had she won. Would have been something special to see her equal steffi in Melbourne.

There is always something special about seeing a tennis player win their first grand slam title. The joy, elation, shock and happiness all at the same time. To beat serena and Azarenka when they were the clear favourites is a brilliant effort. Let's not forget that Kerber won 5 premier level tournaments last year and that helped her tonight, because she was very calm and aggressive through the match. Having finals winning experience is important.

Murray a class above in the doubles. Good win coming up, didn't tip them to beat Stepanek&Nestor.

Fair effort by Bruno Soares just realised he is playing in mixed double final tomorrow too. Will be back on court in 15 hours time.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

It's actually not that bad a question. It was serena only grand slam loss out of her last 35 prior to tonight. Kerbers drop shots in the third set were some of the greatest I've seen under pressure. She used her angles well and kept the ball short when using the angle shot.

I would have been happy for serena had she won. Would have been something special to see her equal steffi in Melbourne.

There is always something special about seeing a tennis player win their first grand slam title. The joy, elation, shock and happiness all at the same time. To beat serena and Azarenka when they were the clear favourites is a brilliant effort. Let's not forget that Kerber won 5 premier level tournaments last year and that helped her tonight, because she was very calm and aggressive through the match. Having finals winning experience is important.
Yeah those couple of drop shots were awesome in the third.
Had the confidence and poise to do it. Disguised them pretty well too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I keep hearing how bad he was. What did he do?

Was unprepared, didn't know what he was about to say and made things up on the spot. Incorrect things at that, just winged it.
He didn't know who should be speaking when, so serena just grabbed the microphone to save his arse.
An absolute mess the presentation, saved by the speeches from williams and Kerber.

Was unprepared, didn't know what he was about to say and made things up on the spot. Incorrect things at that, just winged it.
He didn't know who should be speaking when, so serena just grabbed the microphone to save his arse.
An absolute mess the presentation, saved by the speeches from williams and Kerber.

haha that was the best part

haha that was the best part
Haha yeah thank god Serena saved some of the awkwardness by stepping in and doing a speech.
Very amateurish by Bruce.
I wonder if he was poorly prepared or maybe someone else was meant to do the presentation but pulled out at the last minute so Bruce stepped in?

Spot on!

Haha yeah thank god Serena saved some of the awkwardness by stepping in and doing a speech.
Very amateurish by Bruce.
I wonder if he was poorly prepared or maybe someone else was meant to do the presentation but pulled out at the last minute so Bruce stepped in?

I wonder if he was a last minute replacement, he was so unprepared and kept repeating the same things.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back