Australian Open 2016 - Day 14

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

It really is a bit of a mystery as to why Djokovic cops crap and the like. All class in his ceremonial speeches. Champion!
its a shame that is the perception. but, like the grand slam tally, Novak respect level will continue to grow, especially when the big 2 retire.

Its sport. the closer u are to the finishing line, the more nostalgic people get.

trust me, Novaks time will come.

i also love this seven highlights show showcasing all the previous finals.

Thought hame was fine during that interview. I don't hate him or Bruce as much as others on here though. Do like to take the piss though when they utensil up

You're defending creepy, smarmy smile Hamish?

we can't be friends soz

Its just sad that we get such differences between everyone.

I just like to have a bit of a tight competition between people.

It seems always so fake nowadays. or is that what I have been conditioned to think.

Blundering around the stands and watching everything but not quite knowing what I see is the absolute of competition
or is it just manufactured crap where it is somehow programmed to the hilt.

Sad to say that but it is a feeling I have.

I took bad acid 10 years ago and haven't touched a mind altering substance since.

Maybe try that?

Last edited:
Novak is well on his way to GOAT status if there's such a thing.

Can't see him slowing down anytime soon.

Yeah if he keeps this up till the end of next year he should be the GOAT I guess. There is a bit of a vacuum at the moment though, with Federer in his mid 30s and Nadal on the decline, Murray seems the only challenger.

Thank **** the tennis is over, now we can finally reach the moment we have all been waiting for and finding out if brax is really alive.

Personally, I can't wait for MKR. Apparently there's a guy on there who says "ducks nuts" to express his delight at a particular dish. Also have you heard they're doing a show about Molly Meldrum's life?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How did Bruce compare to last night as MC?
Slightly better but in typical Bruce fashion he still did something cringeworthy by saying it was "good week for german tennis" as he looked over to Boris Becker who has been coaching Novak Djokovic.

Of course both Djokovic, but especially Becker stared at Bruce with a look of bemusement and probably thinking how much of a clown Bruce is for making such a statement.

Bruce really couldn't outdo himself from Saturday night.

Last edited:
Personally, I can't wait for MKR. Apparently there's a guy on there who says "ducks nuts" to express his delight at a particular dish. Also have you heard they're doing a show about Molly Meldrum's life?

There is also a sheila who reckons Manu's cooking is "unhealthy".

Oh no you di'n't!

Will be interesting to see if the semi final mens scheduling debate fires up again in next couple of days.
To try and even things up rest wise maybe they will consider putting one mens final on Friday day/afternoon session and one evening session.

Ch7 will be reluctant to change due to ratings.
They could even have the day match started at say 3pm on the Friday, ch7 would still get pretty good ratings (obviously not as much as the Thurs night though)

The womens semi finals on the Thursday could contain one day and one night match.

Either way even with more or less rest I doubt anyone was capable of beating Djokovic

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Will be interesting to see if the semi final mens scheduling debate fires up again in next couple of days.
To try and even things up rest wise maybe they will consider putting one mens final on Friday day/afternoon session and one evening session.

Ch7 will be reluctant to change due to ratings.
They could even have the day match started at say 3pm on the Friday, ch7 would still get pretty good ratings (obviously not as much as the Thurs night though)

The womens semi finals on the Thursday could contain one day and one night match.

Either way even with more or less rest I doubt anyone was capable of beating Djokovic

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
the 2 day break instead of the 3 day break has been found to be not that significant in the past. most notably, Nadal, when he beat Verdasco and Federer in 2009. Novak came from the shorter break as well in 2012. i just naming those years as they were 5 set matches in the final. So they are the real test of fitness, especially those years.

As you said, This comes up every year.

Totally agree with the mens doubles. Just disrespectful for them to play at a empty stadium late at night. i kinda wish they would open up RLA for the public just for those matches and finals. get a good atmosphere and might sell ground passes on those last days. RLA people dont seem to care.

but i guess if u pay $400 dollar ticket, u deserve the right to a seat on RLA.

One more thing on the doubles, but it is unusual for a womens match to go that long. perhaps it is their fail-safe if Serena rolls someone in the final 0 and 1.

Last edited:
It was so wrong seeing the stadium half empty during the men's doubles final. These players worked hard to make the final and they dont even get a decent reception. They should play the final during the day and offer cheaper tickets so the rest of us can watch this final. As if the corporate people care about the men's doubles

Back