Australian Open 2016 - Day 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Surprised at the lack of drop shots from Zhang, don't think I've seen her hit one since Keys hurt herself

Play goes on

Zhang or Konta to make an AO semi is outrageous.

Azarenka is at the moment trying to hold back laughter....

As I said $3.50 for her when I know she is making the final from her half is ridiculous odds.

Forgot to mentioned that I'm so annoyed at Wawrinka at losing but happy he fought back from two sets down. Also people I work with are so rude, talking in the lunchroom whilst I am trying to watch tennis.

Not a fan of the way Stubbs (?) is inferring that Keys staying out there is insulting to Zhang...

I'm supporting Keys here. Not shocked that Zhang has never gone far before today judging by her body language. Looks very unhappy out there, kind of a sulky "why always me" face whenever she loses a point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zhang or Konta to make an AO semi is outrageous.

I can understand Zhang, but hasn't Konta's rise been pretty rapid (100 ranking spots in a year)? Venus and Makarova are great scalps to have in a Grand Slam. I don't mind when a slam throws up surprises in the latter stages as long as the player has a run of very good performances.

This sort of seed exodus happens every tournament in the women's draw. Every seeded player but Serena seemingly sucks or doesn't deserve their ranking.

How Halep is still number 2...yikes. It shows exactly why more points have to be given to Slams. Absolute joke she can be number 2.

Nadal won a set when he 'injured' himself in the AO Final against Stan a couple of years ago. And have a look what happened to Murray last year when Djokovic started foxing.

Playing an injured opponent can truly be head wrecking.

Truly horrible net work by both players. And there we have it - the state of the modern women's game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back