Australian Open 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

******* livid right now. Took Kerber a week ago at $19. Thought she had no chance this morning so cashed out for +2u to fund my unders bet...

Hindsight mate - it was a fair call - Serena had been dominant and only an optimist could have seen this coming IMHO.

Kerber played amazing - Serena largely played like dogshit - and she still fell over the line in the 3rd in the end.

Well in the last fortnight I have been 0/3 on 'letting it ride' v cashing out. Probably been on the bad end of over 15u of in-play market swings. This was the icing on the cake.

1. bet womens underdogs
2. ???
3. profit

probably works for men too outside of the top 5.
this hit at just under 57% if anyone was interested, and it included mens top 5.

it actually worked slightly better for the men rather than women.

Value bet. Murray to win the first set 7-5... PRICE: $32 with Betfair.

In 84 previous sets, between Murray and Djokovic, Murray has won a set 7-5 on nine occasions. This is less than 1/10, which theoretically means if you were to have 1 unit on Murray winning 7-5 in each of their previous 84 sets at odds of $32, you would have turned that 1 unit into 3.43 units. That's better than triple your money.

Murray 7-5 over Djokovic in the previous matches:
2015 French Open: 3rd and 4th sets
2013 Wimbledon: 2nd set
2012 Shanghai: 1st set
2012 US Open: 2nd set
2012 Olympics: 1st and 2nd sets
2012 Dubai: 2nd set
2009 Miami: 2nd set

What I find interesting there is Murray has achieved 7-5 set scores against Djokovic in each of the Grand Slams apart from the Australian Open. He has also achieved 7-5 scorelines in Grand Slams in sets two, three and four. What appears to be missing here is Murray winning a 7-5 set at the Australian Open in either the first or fifth set.

Value bet. Murray to win the first set 7-5... PRICE: $32 with Betfair.

In 84 previous sets, between Murray and Djokovic, Murray has won a set 7-5 on nine occasions. This is less than 1/10, which theoretically means if you were to have 1 unit on Murray winning 7-5 in each of their previous 84 sets at odds of $32, you would have turned that 1 unit into 3.43 units. That's better than triple your money.

Murray 7-5 over Djokovic in the previous matches:
2015 French Open: 3rd and 4th sets
2013 Wimbledon: 2nd set
2012 Shanghai: 1st set
2012 US Open: 2nd set
2012 Olympics: 1st and 2nd sets
2012 Dubai: 2nd set
2009 Miami: 2nd set

What I find interesting there is Murray has achieved 7-5 set scores against Djokovic in each of the Grand Slams apart from the Australian Open. He has also achieved 7-5 scorelines in Grand Slams in sets two, three and four. What appears to be missing here is Murray winning a 7-5 set at the Australian Open in either the first or fifth set.

7-5 is my favourite 1st score and it always pays well and comes up a fair bit.

I am taking it to with both players at William Hill with Djoko paying 13-1 and Murray 26-1 with maybe $5 or $10 on each outcome.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure, doubt it though. Read it in an article Skysports posted and they didn't mention taking any bets.

No doubt TAB comes out with a tweet along the lines of:

"Wow! Would you cash this out? One nervous punter has $1,000 on Konta to win the Aus Open at $2,001!"
Well I was wrong here, did post this horse s**t though

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    201.4 KB · Views: 6
That's a fair effort.

Someone multied Wawrinka into Li Na in 2014. It was in Australia too. Does anyone remember hearing about that?

I backed both of them outright that year, but the good news ends there. I ended up hedging them both and instead of profiting $2400, I only walked away with $500. The worst being when I chucked $600 on Nadal in the final, literally minutes before he got injured. If only I had waited.

That's a fair effort.

Someone multied Wawrinka into Li Na in 2014. It was in Australia too. Does anyone remember hearing about that?

I backed both of them outright that year, but the good news ends there. I ended up hedging them both and instead of profiting $2400, I only walked away with $500. The worst being when I chucked $600 on Nadal in the final, literally minutes before he got injured. If only I had waited.

I had the Li Na / Nadal double that year. Stung.

Bloody hell, I registered and put $30 on H2H and didn't pay me so I emailed them asking what the go was and they told me I signed up for a different bonus offer. Complete BS
did you sign up from that $5 djokovic promo page though?

Why would you sign up for that bonus offer anyway? There are plenty of $500 bonus' going around for Unibet and their bonus is cash that needs turning over

Four Corners with a show tonight on corruption in sport, they're normally pretty decent with this sort of stuff. Not sure if it'll be anything new

The tennis parts were regurgitated. Found the stuff on the Malaysian guy interesting. I've never bothered betting with the Asian books as I don't bet enough for it to be worthwhile. The government will end up putting rules in like the US though and ban banks from letting you transfer cash to any overseas gambling entity. Of course the asian books use agents anyway so the unscrupulous will find a way and anyone that is banned by local books won't be able to get on at legit overseas operations.

On a side note Chris Eaton from International Centre for Sports Security could make a career out of playing Sir John Monash.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back