Australian Open - Day 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Missed the match, was hoping my mate Raonic would push it to four to see a set.

How did he play? Raonic tried his best or flopped? Djoker simply too good?
Milos served great, volleyed well, played aggressive (maybe not enough) hard to really knock his performance. Novak had done his homework though, exploited his weaknesses pretty hardcore.

:$:$:$:$[

QUOTE="Xtreme, post: 36880502, member: 28208"]Rompingwins called it Stanavich 3....................... god he is annoying.[/QUOTE]

He didn't did he? Cringe factor turned up to 100%

Ohhhh Stan vs Novak is going to be epic. The final instalment in their trilogy of Australian Open clashes. First won by Novak 12-10 in the 5th set, second won by Stan 9-7 in the 5th. Will the 3rd be just as intense and dramatic?

OK that was my best impression at what Channel 7 will do in building up the semi final.

Hahahaha I literaly posted my impression of my build up on my Facebook. Thought I'd copypasta here.

"A Swiss man put away Novak Djokovic for his brutal backhand. But he's paid his debts, and now, he's going to get revenge... on Stanislas Wawrinka."

a9c2ba5e0644eddea5f07e873b65de7d_zpsca2f2162.jpg

Missed the match, was hoping my mate Raonic would push it to four to see a set.

How did he play? Raonic tried his best or flopped? Djoker simply too good?
Milos was evenly matched in the first set with Djokovic but after losing the tiebreak narrowly his confidence dropped and Djokovic had complete control after that especially winning break points early in both the second and third set.

Raonic had a go and his effort couldn't be questioned but Djokovic was just far too good and another whole level above him. This match demonstrated that Milos still has a lot of work to do to be competing with the very top players of the ATP.

Crazy amount of tickets on the market place re-sale cost value now. At least 200 days and 200 night tickets listed for tomorrow and even 100 for Friday Night Novak v Stan :O

Everyone was keen to see Raonic obviously.

Milos served great, volleyed well, played aggressive (maybe not enough) hard to really knock his performance. Novak had done his homework though, exploited his weaknesses pretty hardcore.

His inability to hit backhand winners made the rallies very difficult for him.
Djokovic just kept him restricted to the right hand corner of the court.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Easily. She lost to Radwanska in a competitive match not long ago, then won their next encounter. Still a pretty damn good player to watch.

Probably not a glowing endorsement as Aga well....she is pretty bad right now. But I know your point. Wonder if she'll have a crack, she has said in the past 'never say never'.

She would get overpowered by the big hitters, but would be more than competitive with players ranked outside the top 15.

Couldn't be any worse than Sara Errani, Andrea Petkovic, Radwankska...etc. Yes would get pumped by Serena...who doesn't.

His inability to hit backhand winners made the rallies very difficult for him.
Djokovic just kept him restricted to the right hand corner of the court.
Absolutely; it's a bit self-perpetuating too since Raonic prefers to crack the inside-out forehand, not the one where he has to run onto it from backhand corner.

Thought it was a great example of the gulf between the truly elite and the others that Raonic, who's definitely improved, is still so far off troubling the top echelon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back