Australian Open Day 13

Remove this Banner Ad

vaughany

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 23, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
The big final tonight! Thought might as well start a thread for day 13 (feel free delete if one is about to be created)

The somewhat one sided but intense rivalry continues tonight!

Serena Williams v Maria Sharapova

Expecting Maria to break the hoodoo and win in 3 tonight. By reports Serena is still battling a cold and won't be playing at 100%.

Hopefully Joker has recovered from last night's match and will be fit and raring to go against Murray tomorrow night

If Serena was 100% fit I'd be backing her without question but since she's battling a cold it will be tougher for her. I still think that her wealth of experience and legendary spirit will get her over the line against the 'evil one' :p

Should be a good match-up and what's great about it is that there's no love lost between Serena and Maria.

Serena tonight imo

A question to people who frequent the tennis, Is the moaning/groaning noticeable when you are there live and if it is....How much?

Serena's been unfit/sick before and still beaten her easily. Maria has been impressive this tournament though, so I expect a much closer result. Serena in 3 I think.

Serena tonight imo

A question to people who frequent the tennis, Is the moaning/groaning noticeable when you are there live and if it is....How much?

When there live I reckon Azarenka's groan is worse than Sharapova.
Tennis newbies usually get so worked up and agitated over it for the first few games then they just get used to it.
Obviously I'd prefer if Sharapova wasn't so loud but it's isn't a major issue for me like others on here. Labelling her a cheat for being distractingly too loud or calling her a stupid screeching banshee is going too far and very unfair on her.

Serena's been unfit/sick before and still beaten her easily. Maria has been impressive this tournament though, so I expect a much closer result. Serena in 3 I think.
Big sleep in, lemon drinks and pop some codral Serena will battle on. Nothing will stop her from trying to beat her rival again

When there live I reckon Azarenka's groan is worse than Sharapova.
Tennis newbies usually get so worked up and agitated over it for the first few games then they just get used to it.
Obviously I'd prefer if Sharapova wasn't so loud but it's isn't a major issue for me like others on here. Labelling her a cheat for being distractingly too loud or calling her a stupid screeching banshee is going too far and very unfair on her.

I dont see how it can be considered cheating but that is for another day :D.
Just always wondered if its as annoying as watching on tv...I guess after a few games you would get used to it.

This is like "The MJ flu game". This will be a huge battle for serena

after hearing that Sharapova hasnt beaten Wiliams since 2004, my tip is Serena - with or without the flu...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back