Australian Open - Day 9

Remove this Banner Ad

Typically professional performance from one of the elite players.

Nick with a lot to learn but an outstanding tournament nonetheless.

Murray would have a lot more than 2 Grand Slams if he was born in a different era, that's why i don't think Dimitrov will ever win one, he's only 2/3 years younger than the Djokovic/Murray/Nadal trio by the time they're gone he'll be past his peak.

No, it's the lineperson's or the chair umpire's fault mate, the players aren't there to umpire
Pfft. Nick is closest to the ball. Stop play if you're waiting for a call from the linesperson. If it doesn't come, then challenge. Don't go on and play a shot, start moving for another shot, then come back and challenge.

Pfft. Nick is closest to the ball. Stop play if you're waiting for a call from the linesperson. If it doesn't come, then challenge. Don't go on and play a shot, start moving for another shot, then come back and challenge.

You speak as though he has 20 seconds to make the decision whether to play the ball or not

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You speak as though he has 20 seconds to make the decision whether to play the ball or not
.. and you're speaking as if he challenged right away. He didn't. Feel free to call Lleyton, Carlos Moya and Courier idiots. I don't care.

.. and you're speaking as if he challenged right away. He didn't. Feel free to call Lleyton, Carlos Moya and Courier idiots. I don't care.
Dunno about Moya but Jim and Ley ley both said he should've been allowed to challenge.

Umpiring and line calls were irrelevant, Murray has only lost 1 match from 2 sets to love up and that was when he was 18.

As soon as the 2nd set tiebreak went against Nick he was cooked.

Dunno about Moya but Jim and Ley ley both said he should've been allowed to challenge.
"Carlos is not gonna allow him to challenge this" - Courier before the umpire even told Nick. He obviously acknowledges that the challenge wasn't made in a timely manner.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back