Roast Australian Politics Stuffing Up Australia - Treasurer Joe Hockey Pg26

Remove this Banner Ad

Glad the title was changed because this is a whack for both major parties.
I am getting sick of them saying leaving the debt for the next generation. How can they say this when they have all but sold the kitchen sick?
Gas, Electricity, Water, Banks, Medibank, Public transport, Qantas, manufacturing industries. In NSW they are now even selling off land (Government owned properties), which I then imagine they will lease back.
Then off course I won't even mention, our natural resources that allow foreign countries to come here and pillage our land. I am glad that one sector (Native Land) is getting a better return.
The Libs especially are pushing this hard claiming they are the better money managers, yep, selling Medibank was great - $6 B into the coffers, so any figure they put on current debt, add on that amount.

So the Country is F**ked in who ever is in Charge then.

Yep, all we are going to leave the next generation are big holes in the ground, polluted water asking why their previous generation didn't do anything about climate change.
Funny announcement today.
Pensioners are going to get a whole $80 more per year ($1.43 per week) because they are going to means test those who have a certain ? amount in the bank.
Don't go spending it all at once!

Yep, all we are going to leave the next generation are big holes in the ground, polluted water asking why their previous generation didn't do anything about climate change.
Funny announcement today.
Pensioners are going to get a whole $80 more per year ($1.43 per week) because they are going to means test those who have a certain ? amount in the bank.
Don't go spending it all at once!

Jezz - would not know what to do with a $80 extra a year:rolleyes:

WHAT AN INSULT FROM ABBOTT AND HOCKEY:mad:

Last edited:

Well the government is trying to add your House(IF YOU OWN IT) as part of the Pension and showing another reason that the Libs are trying to Kill Welfare.

So they ASSHOLDS are wanting Pensioners to live on the Streets or Rent:mad:

Military Shipbuilding yes
Interestingly, the Australian Navy is already building and have had delivered ships that are built overseas. Whilst there not grey and are training and port service vessels, they are still Commonwealth vessels that were recently built in shipyards in Korea and Vietnam.

The Contract (CAP) was pretty low key but has been going for nearly 3 years and has a couple to go. Surprised the media hasn't jumped on this but it is not known to many on the outside.

Interestingly, the Australian Navy is already building and have had delivered ships that are built overseas. Whilst there not grey and are training and port service vessels, they are still Commonwealth vessels that were recently built in shipyards in Korea and Vietnam.

The Contract (CAP) was pretty low key but has been going for nearly 3 years and has a couple to go. Surprised the media hasn't jumped on this but it is not known to many on the outside.

Also, aren't the new helicopter landing ships from Spain?

Also, aren't the new helicopter landing ships from Spain?
Both the AWD and LHD are Navantia designs (Spain) but a lot of the works are being done in Australia by ASC and BAE IIRC.

Sep 3, 2002
In a good place
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NBA Winning Machines/Dallas Cowboys

I served on the one which was built in south Korea,by Hyundai. Funny enough it's one of the ones out there which has had minimal problems.

Politicians can't please everybody all the time.

They all do some good things and they all do some bad things.

Even Tony Abbott has done some great things for this country. The TGA Medical Device reform is great for Australian MedicalDevice industry (before Abbott's reform Australian companies were at a disadvantage selling into their own market - how crazy is that?? Abbott fixed it).

There are other government spending programs that were terribly wasteful. They were introduced with the best of intentions (to stimulate industry) but all they did was create hyper-inflation in the industries they were supposed to be supporting. Again, Abbott is fixing it.

Politics has changed significantly over the last 10 years. With a new generation of voters that isn't as patient as the latter and is more influential with media like Facebook and Twitter, the Government doesn't get a chance to settle in and are expected to make immediate changes and impacts. When this doesn't happen quick enough, and let's be honest, nothing happens quick enough in this world now, everyone demands heads.

I feel we are on a never ending roundabout regardless of which party is in Government and until one or the other are mature enough to work together on reforms and not oppose for the sake of it, we won't progress very far.

Politics has changed significantly over the last 10 years. With a new generation of voters that isn't as patient as the latter and is more influential with media like Facebook and Twitter, the Government doesn't get a chance to settle in and are expected to make immediate changes and impacts. When this doesn't happen quick enough, and let's be honest, nothing happens quick enough in this world now, everyone demands heads.

I feel we are on a never ending roundabout regardless of which party is in Government and until one or the other are mature enough to work together on reforms and not oppose for the sake of it, we won't progress very far.
I think that another thing that has changed is that with the internet and the 24 hour news cycle, voters are more informed than before.

BlackWhiteBlood

Team Captain
Sep 6, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
49er, SFGiants, Mapel Leafs
I think that another thing that has changed is that with the internet and the 24 hour news cycle, voters are more informed than before.

More informed yes, but also the 5 second sound bite has taken over as a result. We are also taking our news from stations that are mostly concerned with ratings and 'real' news is forsaken for soft stories. Abbott's 'holocaust' comment was stupid in a long line of stupid things he has said and done but was it really worth the amount of news time it got? Surely more important things happened in Canberra that day.

The big problem we have in this country is that the ALP is to controlled by factions and the unions and they need to bow down to appease them while the Libs are still a right party who are stuck in the past. This was shown in 2009 when they dumped Turnbull as leader as he believed that climate change existed and that homosexual couple had the right to marry. Instead they elected Abbott and look where that has got us.

It could be very interesting next election if the coalition replace Abbott with Turnbull and actually listen to his radical ideas of climate change, legalized same sex marriage and the republic. Listening to talk back radio and watching shows like Q&A (Q&A's audience being left leaning), Turnbull is very popular and there are a lot of Labor voters who would jump ship if Turnbull was leader.

More informed yes, but also the 5 second sound bite has taken over as a result. We are also taking our news from stations that are mostly concerned with ratings and 'real' news is forsaken for soft stories. Abbott's 'holocaust' comment was stupid in a long line of stupid things he has said and done but was it really worth the amount of news time it got? Surely more important things happened in Canberra that day.

The big problem we have in this country is that the ALP is to controlled by factions and the unions and they need to bow down to appease them while the Libs are still a right party who are stuck in the past. This was shown in 2009 when they dumped Turnbull as leader as he believed that climate change existed and that homosexual couple had the right to marry. Instead they elected Abbott and look where that has got us.

It could be very interesting next election if the coalition replace Abbott with Turnbull and actually listen to his radical ideas of climate change, legalized same sex marriage and the republic. Listening to talk back radio and watching shows like Q&A (Q&A's audience being left leaning), Turnbull is very popular and there are a lot of Labor voters who would jump ship if Turnbull was leader.
Wow, so much is wrong about your post. Like -
but was it really worth the amount of news time it got - yes, show a consistency of stupid comments.
Surely more important things happened in Canberra that day. - Like what?
ALP is to controlled by factions and the unions and they need to bow down to appease them - not this again, please save me.
while the Libs are still a right party who are stuck in the past - not beholden to donors?
(Q&A's audience being left leaning) - not this again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Krueger

Club Legend
Sep 23, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
This current LNP government is a joke of biblical proportions. Here is what some think of our current Prime Minister -

http://www.9news.com.au/world/2015/...ngly-incompetent-by-elite-american-think-tank

His direct action policy is a farce i.e. paying polluters to stop polluting? Really? Do people realise this money will come from the budget meaning less money for health, education etc? I mean how dumb can people get? I suppose all they hear are 3-4 line slogans such as STOP THE BOATS, STOP THIS TOXIC TAX etc.

The PPL scheme was just another attempted handout to the rich (who is the LIAR now?) whilst whilst trying to enforce the Medicare co contribution which wasnt even going to help the budget and was to go into a medical research fund! Wheres the BUDGET emergency then??!!

The man is a self confessed LIAR so I dont know why people are surprised with all his backflips and broken promises. Actually all of them bar Turnbull (whose star has fallen with his watering down of the NBN) are a bunch of morons.

BlackWhiteBlood

Team Captain
Sep 6, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
49er, SFGiants, Mapel Leafs
while the Libs are still a right party who are stuck in the past - not beholden to donors?
(Q&A's audience being left leaning) - not this again

agree about the liberal party also being beholden to donors
as for Q&A a quick look at audience figures (http://www.abc.net.au/tv/qanda/txt/s4173305.htm) shows 50% on average being ALP or Greens voters and 40% Coalition with the remaining 10% not nominating. ie left leaning.

I am a swinging voter. If I believe the ruling party is doing a good job I vote for them. If not I vote for the other guy/girl. Unfortunately right now neither party is worthy of leading. All I ask is for a PM that knows what they are doing, a Treasurer who knows how to run a fair budget that gives the little guy a go and a party that looks after the now but also plans for the future across all aspects of the economy/environment/people.

agree about the liberal party also being beholden to donors
as for Q&A a quick look at audience figures (http://www.abc.net.au/tv/qanda/txt/s4173305.htm) shows 50% on average being ALP or Greens voters and 40% Coalition with the remaining 10% not nominating. ie left leaning.

I am a swinging voter. If I believe the ruling party is doing a good job I vote for them. If not I vote for the other guy/girl. Unfortunately right now neither party is worthy of leading. All I ask is for a PM that knows what they are doing, a Treasurer who knows how to run a fair budget that gives the little guy a go and a party that looks after the now but also plans for the future across all aspects of the economy/environment/people.
ALP 37%, Coalition 39%, Greens 12%, Other X4%, Unspecified 8%, last week. Not sure how you get 50% as Greens and labor do not always agree.
Anyway, do agree that neither parties have outstanding leadership, however cannot remember anyone worse than this guy. Closest is Rudd.

In what respect? Apparently he was hard to work with but he was popular with the electorate and his policies were far superior to the current nut jobs in charge.
Absolutely agree that his policies were much better, but like this PM, failed to consult with his colleagues. Further when he was replaced, caused so much damage to the Labor brand that caused the loss of the election to this rabble.

Absolutely agree that his policies were much better, but like this PM, failed to consult with his colleagues. Further when he was replaced, caused so much damage to the Labor brand that caused the loss of the election to this rabble.

Rudd and Gillard must of Really F**ked it up that people rather the A-Hole Abbott as PM

Krueger

Club Legend
Sep 23, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood

I think Rudd had far less to do with the current mob getting in than the blatant lies and deceit which was spewed by the LNP over the years. The Murdoch Empire backed Abbott to the hill and dumb Aussies believing everything they hear and read swallowed it hook line and sinker.

I blame the current situation on the Howard/Costello government. The unfunded tax cuts are showing their ugly heads now with the mining boom all but over. Back then we were experiencing record terms of trade (the prices we received for our exports) and once these terms retracted due to the GFC the budget was shot.

Can
I think Rudd had far less to do with the current mob getting in than the blatant lies and deceit which was spewed by the LNP over the years. The Murdoch Empire backed Abbott to the hill and dumb Aussies believing everything they hear and read swallowed it hook line and sinker.

I blame the current situation on the Howard/Costello government. The unfunded tax cuts are showing their ugly heads now with the mining boom all but over. Back then we were experiencing record terms of trade (the prices we received for our exports) and once these terms retracted due to the GFC the budget was shot.
'Can't disagree with much of your post but backstabbing of Gillard didn't help. History will see time as PM favourably.

Can

'Can't disagree with much of your post but backstabbing of Gillard didn't help. History will see time as PM favourably.

Gillard brought it upon herself unfortunately. Her problem isn't the fact she's an outright idiot (Abbott) or megalomaniac (Rudd) but she had zero charisma and was an awful public speaker... Pretty much the most important thing when you're the face of anything, let alone a nation. She couldn't give away water during a drought, she's that bad. The way Rudd was dealt with also inevitably came back to bite her in the ass, but it wouldn't have happened if she could just... speak... In a way that made people nod their heads not fuel all that rubbish we ended up with on behalf of Murdoch and his liberal cronies. It's all very unfortunate.

Gillard brought it upon herself unfortunately. Her problem isn't the fact she's an outright idiot (Abbott) or megalomaniac (Rudd) but she had zero charisma and was an awful public speaker... Pretty much the most important thing when you're the face of anything, let alone a nation. She couldn't give away water during a drought, she's that bad. The way Rudd was dealt with also inevitably came back to bite her in the ass, but it wouldn't have happened if she could just... speak... In a way that made people nod their heads not fuel all that rubbish we ended up with on behalf of Murdoch and his liberal cronies. It's all very unfortunate.
Ha ha, best laugh this week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back