Roast Australian Politics Stuffing Up Australia - Treasurer Joe Hockey Pg26

Remove this Banner Ad

There are things going on I believe to do this or at least move towards this, unfortunately and fortunately there are some very smart business people around, smarter that our pollies anyway, that can circumnavigate these laws through various loopholes in legislation. You can hardly blame them I guess considering their obligation is to the shareholders.

Government just has to get wiser on these things.

Trouble is when there is a knock on affect for something like Netflix where the price goes up as they need to pay GST who do you think ultimately pays that, yep, you and me.

Well - Glad there are attempts at that but as you say, There is not much Smartness in Government at the Moment as Businessmen have found ways to get around it easily.

Yeah - Making Stuff like Netflix more Expensive is not a Great Idea. Less People would use it and use Piracy instead. Make that stuff cheaper then less people will Pirate Stuff. Also make internet lot faster in this country

What a soft budget, failed to attack the big issues in superannuation, negative gearing, the so called Google tax does not have much information around it, not sure that small business cuts will lead to job creation as they will more likely use it a income lost due to lack of consumer spending.

Shuffled the decks in child care, taking from one group to give to another.

Cutting funding to dental care and on some imaging expenses and haven't seen anything on education.

Joke Hockey, denies under 30's who have lost their job or come out of uni and can't get one, access to $255 a week, while he claims a "travel allowance" of $270 PER NIGHT to sleep in his own home.

Funny how he chooses to target illegal downloaders, prompting thousands to take up Netflix, he then targets Netflix subscribers in the budget, but not mining magnates or tax dodgers.

Absolute Buffoon!!

Joke Hockey, denies under 30's who have lost their job or come out of uni and can't get one, access to $255 a week, while he claims a "travel allowance" of $270 PER NIGHT to sleep in his own home.

Funny how he chooses to target illegal downloaders, prompting thousands to take up Netflix, he then targets Netflix subscribers in the budget, but not mining magnates or tax dodgers.

Absolute Buffoon!!

Shows ageing there Government only looks after there Rich Buddies and screw the Normal Aussie because there mates give them Money and Favours so they do what they ask.

Hockey only cares about himself and Reckons getting a Job is so easy you should get one by just walking into a business you get a Job Straight away- BS

VPN’s would love that Government is trying to stop Pirates as majority of Aussie will by a VPN.

As I said he does not go after his Rich Buddies who get away with Murder

How can we have such an Idiot at our Treasure.

He just thinks anyone can get a Job that is very Easy but UnEmployment is at it’s Highest.

Then the Idiot said Young People can buy a House IF they get a better paid Job.

Yeah I wish it was that Easy.

How did he have a Job in Government?

How can we have such an Idiot at our Treasure.

He just thinks anyone can get a Job that is very Easy but UnEmployment is at it’s Highest.

Then the Idiot said Young People can buy a House IF they get a better paid Job.

Yeah I wish it was that Easy.

How did he have a Job in Government?
It is bad enough he is an idiot but after his operation, not as fat any more.
This government is a looney mob.

It is bad enough he is an idiot but after his operation, not as fat any more.
This government is a looney mob.

Yeah - There are some Real Idiots in Charge of the Country:eek:

IF they get Voted in again then we have some Real Idiots living in this Country or it’s Rigged

Yeah - There are some Real Idiots in Charge of the Country:eek:

IF they get Voted in again then we have some Real Idiots living in this Country or it’s Rigged
Funny I have only met half a dozen people that will admit who they voted for now.:D

Funny I have only met half a dozen people that will admit who they voted for now.:D

Libs only got in because of Propaganda against Rudd and Gillard and nothing about Politics

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I believe it was in the best interests of the country. Sometimes a 5 goal loss is better than a 20 goal loss.

Not 100% sure what you mean by that. Example?

The next election I'll be voting for the Libs unless Bill Shorten gets shafted from Labor which it's looking like he will be.
He simply doesn't have the charisma to stand up there on the world stage.

Better having Liberal than the Union buffoon in office.

Then have a Corrupt Liberal Party who get Bribed by Big Business.

There is next to Difference between Labor and Liberal anymore anyway

The next election I'll be voting for the Libs unless Bill Shorten gets shafted from Labor which it's looking like he will be.
He simply doesn't have the charisma to stand up there on the world stage.
Abbott hasn't exactly distinguished himself on the international stage fwiw not that it matters. What's really important is that we settle things domestically and the Abbott government has shown an inability to enact any meaningful reform. Abbott carries too much baggage from his time as opposition leader, he has frequently shown poor judgment and has no long term vision for the country. We really need a circuit breaker from what has been 2 terms of ineffective governments - this won't happpen in an Abbott led government. Shorten has been unimpressive but at least he won't carry the baggage that ultra conservative Abbott does. If Abbott were replaced I would think long and hard voting for a moderate liberal like Turnbull or Bishop over Shorten and I'm pretty sure the Libs would romp in the election if it isn't Abbott leading them (but that's not hapenning because of the crazy cons in the party - another reason why they are scrwing up the country)

Abbott hasn't exactly distinguished himself on the international stage fwiw not that it matters. What's really important is that we settle things domestically and the Abbott government has shown an inability to enact any meaningful reform. Abbott carries too much baggage from his time as opposition leader, he has frequently shown poor judgment and has no long term vision for the country. We really need a circuit breaker from what has been 2 terms of ineffective governments - this won't happpen in an Abbott led government. Shorten has been unimpressive but at least he won't carry the baggage that ultra conservative Abbott does. If Abbott were replaced I would think long and hard voting for a moderate liberal like Turnbull or Bishop over Shorten and I'm pretty sure the Libs would romp in the election if it isn't Abbott leading them (but that's not hapenning because of the crazy cons in the party - another reason why they are scrwing up the country)

I've said from day one I'd love Bishop in office but it doesn't look like she has the balls (typical) to usurp Abbott from his throne.

She seems to have a good head on her shoulders politically and has shown she isn't afraid of making the hard decisions during her time as the foreign minister.

Turnbull I would die if he ever came into power, he's just so out of date with modern technology it's not funny. We're already going back to the stone ages with Abbott in charge, I think Turnbull would scrap the entire NBN and put us all on Fred Flinstone phones if he was the big boss. I hate him as communications minister, I just think his views on the internet are all wrong.

I've said from day one I'd love Bishop in office but it doesn't look like she has the balls (typical) to usurp Abbott from his throne.

She seems to have a good head on her shoulders politically and has shown she isn't afraid of making the hard decisions during her time as the foreign minister.

Turnbull I would die if he ever came into power, he's just so out of date with modern technology it's not funny. We're already going back to the stone ages with Abbott in charge, I think Turnbull would scrap the entire NBN and put us all on Fred Flinstone phones if he was the big boss. I hate him as communications minister, I just think his views on the internet are all wrong.
I view Turnbull as clearly the biggest talent in Parliament atm. The thing to remember about his role as communications minister are the constraints placed on him by the LNP. Imo giving him communications was probably a strategic move by Abbott people to place him in a ministry where he can't win - the libs are always going to give this area less priority than ALP imo. If Abbott weren't playing politics Turnbull should have been treasurer but of course he can't be letting a rival have so much power (this is why he is really bad for the country - always playing politics at the nations expense)On the other hand Bishop has had the relatively easy job as foreign minister. No one is criticizing her recent performance here but many still remember her poor performance as shadow treasurer. I still think she'd be alright as PM - definitely better than Abbott and Shorten but not at the same level as Turnbull.

A lot of people dis Turnbull for his perceived arrogance and ambition which is really unfortunate. Our political system is in a state of crisis atm - we want a leader with the ambition to prosecute a case for big and probably unpopular reforms. Abbott tried to with his first budget but it was ruined by ideology and unfairness which ultimately failed to pass the Senate. Since then he has played short term politics aimed at shoring up his base in the party and electability. Shorten so far has demonstrated he is not better than Abbott and only interested in short term political gain. Unlike those two Turnbull's ambition extends beyond getting the top job to actually implementing change that he believes in. I mean he literally staked his job on those beliefs when he backed Rudds emissions trading scheme. That's something I can't see either Shorten or Abbott doing who have consistently based decisions on political gain rather than what is best for the country. Turnbull's ambition is what distinguishes him from the rest in Parliament atm and it would be sad if he weren't given an opportunity at the top job imo

LAstly, I'm not a tech head but Turnbull made a lot of his money through the internet which probably automatically makes him more qualified than most of the Parliament.

I view Turnbull as clearly the biggest talent in Parliament atm. The thing to remember about his role as communications minister are the constraints placed on him by the LNP. Imo giving him communications was probably a strategic move by Abbott people to place him in a ministry where he can't win - the libs are always going to give this area less priority than ALP imo. If Abbott weren't playing politics Turnbull should have been treasurer but of course he can't be letting a rival have so much power (this is why he is really bad for the country - always playing politics at the nations expense)On the other hand Bishop has had the relatively easy job as foreign minister. No one is criticizing her recent performance here but many still remember her poor performance as shadow treasurer. I still think she'd be alright as PM - definitely better than Abbott and Shorten but not at the same level as Turnbull.

A lot of people dis Turnbull for his perceived arrogance and ambition which is really unfortunate. Our political system is in a state of crisis atm - we want a leader with the ambition to prosecute a case for big and probably unpopular reforms. Abbott tried to with his first budget but it was ruined by ideology and unfairness which ultimately failed to pass the Senate. Since then he has played short term politics aimed at shoring up his base in the party and electability. Shorten so far has demonstrated he is not better than Abbott and only interested in short term political gain. Unlike those two Turnbull's ambition extends beyond getting the top job to actually implementing change that he believes in. I mean he literally staked his job on those beliefs when he backed Rudds emissions trading scheme. That's something I can't see either Shorten or Abbott doing who have consistently based decisions on political gain rather than what is best for the country. Turnbull's ambition is what distinguishes him from the rest in Parliament atm and it would be sad if he weren't given an opportunity at the top job imo

LAstly, I'm not a tech head but Turnbull made a lot of his money through the internet which probably automatically makes him more qualified than most of the Parliament.

and Takes Bribes as well

Very well said, and with that being said, what's your opinion cigar-man AKA Joe Hockey?
If Liberal stay in power, does he stay or does he go?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back