Roast Australian Politics Stuffing Up Australia - Treasurer Joe Hockey Pg26

Remove this Banner Ad

Krueger

Club Legend
Sep 23, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hers another joke of biblical proportions. Abbott wanted to send 3,500 Aussies into Iraq ALONE to fight ISIS and none in his staff opposed the idea!!! Lucky The Aussie military said it will be disastrous! These people must be here to destroy this country no doubt.

http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...suggested-sending-australian-troops-into-iraq

Whats next? Send the ANZAC forces to Ukraine and invade Russia? :$

BlackWhiteBlood

Team Captain
Sep 6, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
49er, SFGiants, Mapel Leafs
Hers another joke of biblical proportions. Abbott wanted to send 3,500 Aussies into Iraq ALONE to fight ISIS and none in his staff opposed the idea!!! Lucky The Aussie military said it will be disastrous! These people must be here to destroy this country no doubt.

http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...suggested-sending-australian-troops-into-iraq

Whats next? Send the ANZAC forces to Ukraine and invade Russia? :$

Just watched a press conference where he was asked about this and he said that it was a false story, and the discussion never took place. He (Abbott) even rang the head of the military and he had no idea where the story came from.

Gillard brought it upon herself unfortunately. Her problem isn't the fact she's an outright idiot (Abbott) or megalomaniac (Rudd) but she had zero charisma and was an awful public speaker... Pretty much the most important thing when you're the face of anything, let alone a nation. She couldn't give away water during a drought, she's that bad. The way Rudd was dealt with also inevitably came back to bite her in the ass, but it wouldn't have happened if she could just... speak... In a way that made people nod their heads not fuel all that rubbish we ended up with on behalf of Murdoch and his liberal cronies. It's all very unfortunate.
I agree somewhat. I think she had many issues and not having the full support of your party makes it hard.

I think she's a terrible speaker also. Just doesn't connect. Comes across whiny and what's with all these cliches now days. All people want to hear is the truth and not rubbish talk like 'moving forward'. Many words spoken these days have no substance or direction in them. They are just open ended future get out of jail cards.

I'm yet to see anyone I'm confident in voting for which is a real worry. Like I said, I've always voted Liberal but if I see someone come through who I can connect with and understand where they are going in the future of this country, I'll switch from team Abbott.

Just watched a press conference where he was asked about this and he said that it was a false story, and the discussion never took place. He (Abbott) even rang the head of the military and he had no idea where the story came from.
Yep - can't see this being true. If people actually think that the PM wakes up one day with a thought to send his troops to war, without consultation from internal and external they must be on some serious gear.

Honestly, these things take a long time to materialise and this is the trouble now days that once the media posts a false report like this, everyone jumps on board and starts hitting people with sticks.

It'll be hard for Abbott to make it through another 6 months IMO - the media will see to that!

Krueger

Club Legend
Sep 23, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yep - can't see this being true. If people actually think that the PM wakes up one day with a thought to send his troops to war, without consultation from internal and external they must be on some serious gear.

Honestly, these things take a long time to materialise and this is the trouble now days that once the media posts a false report like this, everyone jumps on board and starts hitting people with sticks.

It'll be hard for Abbott to make it through another 6 months IMO - the media will see to that!

You do remember that Abbott himself said that everything he says shouldnt be taken as gospel right? The bloke is a self confessed liar and hypocrite. He also said he would sell his own arse to become Prime Minister and Im sure hell do the same same to remain Prime Minister.

You do remember that Abbott himself said that everything he says shouldnt be taken as gospel right? The bloke is a self confessed liar and hypocrite. He also said he would sell his own arse to become Prime Minister and Im sure hell do the same same to remain Prime Minister.
He may not have directly said it but he certainly has hinted enough.

BlackWhiteBlood

Team Captain
Sep 6, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
49er, SFGiants, Mapel Leafs

How can this bloke look anyone in the eye is beyond me. He must honestly think people are stupid and that he and his band of misfits are some sort of ruling elite.

There is a fair chance that every government has lied to get into or stay in office. Doesn't mean I like it when pollies lie, it just how it is.

Largely he only has himself to blame for the target on his back, but your right it wont be long before they get rid of him as leader.

CLUBMEDhurst

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 23, 2008
Under the moonlight, the serious moonlight
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Man City
Can I ask why you think Rudd was so bad?

Squibbed it on
"the greatest moral, economic and social challenge of our time"

White-anting Gllard

The LNP had it right regarding his narcissism.

Gillard brought it upon herself unfortunately. Her problem isn't the fact she's an outright idiot (Abbott) or megalomaniac (Rudd) but she had zero charisma and was an awful public speaker... Pretty much the most important thing when you're the face of anything, let alone a nation. She couldn't give away water during a drought, she's that bad. The way Rudd was dealt with also inevitably came back to bite her in the ass, but it wouldn't have happened if she could just... speak... In a way that made people nod their heads not fuel all that rubbish we ended up with on behalf of Murdoch and his liberal cronies. It's all very unfortunate.

Crap. The biggest mistake Ms Gillard made was hopping into bed with the likes of Arbib, Howes and Feeney.

As a speaker she's far ansd away more articulate than the mad monk could ever hope to be (and successfully negotiated with independents to get bills passed by the senate

Squibbed it on
"the greatest moral, economic and social challenge of our time"

White-anting Gllard

The LNP had it right regarding his narcissism.

Crap. The biggest mistake Ms Gillard made was hopping into bed with the likes of Arbib, Howes and Feeney.

As a speaker she's far ansd away more articulate than the mad monk could ever hope to be (and successfully negotiated with independents to get bills passed by the senate

Articulate does not equate to persuading. What's more important?

In a perfect world it shouldn't matter if she's any good at public speaking because her job should be to govern, not lead us like sheep. However we've come to expect a leader, and she most certainly is not one.

Articulate does not equate to persuading. What's more important?

In a perfect world it shouldn't matter if she's any good at public speaking because her job should be to govern, not lead us like sheep. However we've come to expect a leader, and she most certainly is not one.
Articulate: Expressing oneself easily in clear and effective language.
Persuade: To cause (someone) to do something by asking, arguing, or giving reasons.
Abbott does neither, he either dumbs it down as if talking to kids or just waffles.
Never felt like sheep when Gillard was in power, can you give examples?
Gillard never had clean air to show how good a PM she could be.
Abbott as one of the worst PM's this country has ever had and I doubt that anyone will come close.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Articulate: Expressing oneself easily in clear and effective language.
Persuade: To cause (someone) to do something by asking, arguing, or giving reasons.
Abbott does neither, he either dumbs it down as if talking to kids or just waffles.
Never felt like sheep when Gillard was in power, can you give examples?
Gillard never had clean air to show how good a PM she could be.
Abbott as one of the worst PM's this country has ever had and I doubt that anyone will come close.

I completely agree re: Abbott and he's easily the worst PM we've had during my limited lifespan. But how good or bad Abbott is is not relevant to a discussion regarding Gillard's flaws.

The comment re: sheep was that people believe the rubbish spoken by politicians, particularly leading up to the election, and follow in blind faith. I'm not really sure how but apparently Abbott was capable of this in some degree. Gillard was not. She could not make people follow her blindly and believe she was going to take Australia to some mythical new era. I was merely lamenting that arguably it should not be a politician's job to have to do such a thing, but alas I believe it's ingrained in the system.

CLUBMEDhurst

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 23, 2008
Under the moonlight, the serious moonlight
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Man City
I completely agree re: Abbott and he's easily the worst PM we've had during my limited lifespan. But how good or bad Abbott is is not relevant to a discussion regarding Gillard's flaws.

The comment re: sheep was that people believe the rubbish spoken by politicians, particularly leading up to the election, and follow in blind faith. I'm not really sure how but apparently Abbott was capable of this in some degree. Gillard was not. She could not make people follow her blindly and believe she was going to take Australia to some mythical new era. I was merely lamenting that arguably it should not be a politician's job to have to do such a thing, but alas I believe it's ingrained in the system.

The Abbott phenomenae. No policy was discussed by the LNP pre-election (I'm not including 3 word slogans). To state that he was more capable than Gillard regarding this is nonsense. There was next to zero analysis of the LNP policy platform from the pliable idiots of the media (for a more informed analysis of the media's compliance in Abbott's rise to power, check out this:

http://andrewelder.blogspot.com.au/

I don't understand what you mean by "following blindly to some mythical era".

So no examples?

So no examples?

Of?

The Abbott phenomenae. No policy was discussed by the LNP pre-election (I'm not including 3 word slogans). To state that he was more capable than Gillard regarding this is nonsense. There was next to zero analysis of the LNP policy platform from the pliable idiots of the media (for a more informed analysis of the media's compliance in Abbott's rise to power, check out this:

http://andrewelder.blogspot.com.au/

I don't understand what you mean by "following blindly to some mythical era".

So you don't think people were sucked in by Abbott's promises? Labour purely lost because of the damage they'd done to themselves?

ipswichpies

Premiership Player
Jul 6, 2011
queensland
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Crystal Palace
Gillard use to rings round Abbott when he was health minister and she was shadow health minister,I cannot believe someone as stupid as Abbott actually is a Rhodes scholar F------ amazing he will be gone by the end of the year.

Gillard I think could have been a very good pm if she was given the chance but with Rudd the a-hole there that was not possible.Being a lifelong labor voter nothing gave me greater happiness than seeing Rudd fail and although I could not and would never vote liberal I was pleased to see people turn on him but imagine my horror when he was replaced by an even bigger a-hole.

I think some in the liberal party are now working to usurp Abbott and there are leaks appearing now and Abbott will not survive,there is an election due in NSW and if there is a reaction like the QLD one he will not survive that but his days are numbered regardless.

Gillard use to rings round Abbott when he was health minister and she was shadow health minister,I cannot believe someone as stupid as Abbott actually is a Rhodes scholar F------ amazing he will be gone by the end of the year.

Gillard I think could have been a very good pm if she was given the chance but with Rudd the a-hole there that was not possible.Being a lifelong labor voter nothing gave me greater happiness than seeing Rudd fail and although I could not and would never vote liberal I was pleased to see people turn on him but imagine my horror when he was replaced by an even bigger a-hole.

I think some in the liberal party are now working to usurp Abbott and there are leaks appearing now and Abbott will not survive,there is an election due in NSW and if there is a reaction like the QLD one he will not survive that but his days are numbered regardless.

I'd have to think it's beneficial for Labour for Abbott to remain PM as there's no way he will win the next election, and his replacement (whether it's Turnbull or whoever) will at least have some 'honeymoon' period in which to win back supporters.

ipswichpies

Premiership Player
Jul 6, 2011
queensland
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Crystal Palace
I'd have to think it's beneficial for Labour for Abbott to remain PM as there's no way he will win the next election, and his replacement (whether it's Turnbull or whoever) will at least have some 'honeymoon' period in which to win back supporters.
Agree 100% with this post,the longer Abbott stays the less chance the Libs have of staying in power,once you lose the people you never get them back as Abbott will find if he remains stubborn but the Liberals are not noted for their loyalty.

Of?
So you don't think people were sucked in by Abbott's promises? Labour purely lost because of the damage they'd done to themselves?
You stated: In a perfect world it shouldn't matter if she's any good at public speaking because her job should be to govern, not lead us like sheep. However we've come to expect a leader, and she most certainly is not one.
I asked for examples, unless this is just a general statement because you don't like her.

Sadly, Labor may win by default as Shorten doesn't/hasn't inspired me to date. Politics have gone down the gurgler, Abbott did too good a job as Opposition Leader.

There sure are some delusional people in this world. Just read the tripe which is dead set on attacking the man/woman time and time again rather than the ball.
Not sure I understand what you are saying.
Man/Woman speaks, question the person speaking the words, surely the words represent the man/woman?
If you attack the words (ball), you are then asked, "who said this?"
Split hairs, hair split.
Unless of course that is not what you are attempting to say.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back