15.Peter Siddle       Nottinghamshire
16.Steve Magoffin     Sussex
17.Aaron Finch        Yorkshire

*Captain
-Declared for other nation
#Withdrawn due to injury

Last edited:

Bollinger is at Kent

Annual reminder that Australians can't get past Home Office and sign a county deal unless they have a passport or if they've played some international cricket lately. It's 1 test in the last 2 years, or 5 tests in 5 years, or about 15 ODI/T20s in 2 (?) years.

I'm still disappointed about the lack of Hughes, Khawaja and Burns.

I'm still disappointed about the lack of Hughes, Khawaja and Burns.
I'm also disappointed that Whiteman and Handscomb didn't pursue it on their passport

We are of course assuming that our players will be in demand. Whiteman for instance is a keeper and most teams would already have a keeper.
He should have an opening at Notts next year, their keeper is 36 iirc.

Annual reminder that Australians can't get past Home Office and sign a county deal unless they have a passport or if they've played some international cricket lately. It's 1 test in the last 2 years, or 5 tests in 5 years, or about 15 ODI/T20s in 2 (?) years.

I'm still amazed by the parochial silliness of this ruling.

So they don't want a Hussey, Hayden, DiVenuto or Bevan equivalent to build up long, productive relationships with their Counties, but they're happy with journeymen South Africans and West Indians?

The latest goss I heard was that Mitch Marsh was still angling for a later-season contract with Durham or Somerset. He was originally meant to be heading to Durham before his late-season injury.

I'm still amazed by the parochial silliness of this ruling.

So they don't want a Hussey, Hayden, DiVenuto or Bevan equivalent to build up long, productive relationships with their Counties, but they're happy with journeymen South Africans and West Indians?

The latest goss I heard was that Mitch Marsh was still angling for a later-season contract with Durham or Somerset. He was originally meant to be heading to Durham before his late-season injury.

Hastings went to Durham in Marsh's place. The Durham management specifically mentioned Marsh hadn't played enough international cricket as it sounded like they wanted him.

Fair FC attack Durham have now with Stokes, Onions, Hastings, Borthwick and even Collingwood if he's going around again. Hell, they could put Mustard down to 8 if they were so inclined. That being said, Stokes may be away from the team most of the summer so that'll probably not happen. I have a feeling the'll go back to back this season.

Fair FC attack Durham have now with Stokes, Onions, Hastings, Borthwick and even Collingwood if he's going around again. Hell, they could put Mustard down to 8 if they were so inclined. That being said, Stokes may be away from the team most of the summer so that'll probably not happen. I have a feeling the'll go back to back this season.
Sounds like an attack of 'third' seamers to me. Perhaps harsh on Onions, who is a bit of a County star.

Sounds like an attack of 'third' seamers to me. Perhaps harsh on Onions, who is a bit of a County star.
Rushworth is probably going to be another seamer. He's pretty handy at that level as well, Onions had 70 wickets in 12 games last season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just as a recap, who's in Division 1 and who's in Division 2?

Division 1
1. Durham
2. Lancashire
3. Middlesex
4. Northamptonshire
5. Nottinghamshire
6. Somerset
7. Sussex
8. Warwickshire
9. Yorkshire

Division 2
1. Derbyshire
2. Essex
3. Glamorgan
4. Gloucestershire
5. Hampshire
6. Kent
7. Leicestershire
8. Surrey
9. Worcestershire

So Cowan, Dussey, Hastings, Siddle, Finch, Bucky, the Robson's are the Australian's in division 1. Siddle is an interesting choice for Notts, given the strength of their quicks. Lyon would have been a better choice for them I would have thought

I don't see why they'd take up a valued overseas spot on a pretty standard finger spinner.
He'd be close to the best available, I think Pakistan are playing during this time, aren't they?

But if you are going to take an overseas spot why do it on a pretty standard off spinner?
When you sweet FA spin options already, why use an overseas spot on a quick of which you have plenty of options already? Their spin options currently are Swann, who we don't know will continue, Dussey, Patel, and their other options are a 20 year old who's played 3 FC games and a SLA who's FC average is 44.

When you sweet FA spin options already, why use an overseas spot on a quick of which you have plenty of options already? Their spin options currently are Swann, who we don't know will continue, Dussey, Patel, and their other options are a 20 year old who's played 3 FC games and a SLA who's FC average is 44.

Lyon is bog standard as a finger spinner and his figures are nothing special- especially in first class (non tests).

Better to go for a batsman or a quick. Siddle is a better bowler than Lyon.

Plus I think teams often like a more high profile overseas player. Lyon is seen as pretty average in England.

Lyon is bog standard as a finger spinner and his figures are nothing special- especially in first class (non tests).

Better to go for a batsman or a quick. Siddle is a better bowler than Lyon.

Plus I think teams often like a more high profile overseas player. Lyon is seen as pretty average in England.
Lyon is a better option than Siddle for Notts. He'd be a good player at Trent Bridge as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back