Review Autopsy Thread - Dogs v GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Did anyone else notice that Dahl went up for 3 or 4 pack marks against our own bigger blokes and then watch the opposition take the ball away from the spillage? I think someone may need to remind him of his role over the summer!
Noticed more players than just Dahl doing that.

Second efforts were non-existent throughout almost the entire team.

Nick riewoldt 193cm. Jake stringer 192cm
Geez its hard to believe theres only 1cm between them, Rooey looks bloody huge and honestly if you told me Jake was more like 186cm I wouldn't question you, he really doesn't look that big. But yeah just shows height isn't that important, its handy sure but if you make up for it in other areas you'll be fine.

Ok, I'm 14 hours ahead of you guys but I'm afraid I just now got around to watching the game. And there's one particular thing that I have to get off my chest. Early in the fourth quarter I watched a run of play that included the Giants throwing the ball twice, dragging the ball in, making high contact and landing in the back. None of this was called and the commentators only briefly mentioned the in the back. Then there was a bit of high contact from one of the Doggies which was immediately replayed so the commentators could mention that the Dogs were lucky to get away with that one.

And one other thing that has been on my mind for several weeks now. We have been involved in our fair share of goal reviews this season but I can't recall a single one going in our favor. Being half way 'round the world I can't seem to locate any stats for that. So if anybody knows where to find that information I'd like to know if I'm just a paranoid Dogs fan or if it's another area where there needs to be some equalization.

Classic meaningless last game behaviour. Still poor though to be honest
Disagree that it was meaningless. Tell Young or Austin if it was meaningless.
I thought Dahl played a very selfish game, his primary role is to be at the fall of the ball. His other roles are to convert set shots, create massive forward line pressure, occasional midfield forays and to be a leader of a very young group.
I hope the last few games were an aberration and Lukey resets for next year.

Just watched this game again

Seriously can't believe that anyone can watch a basically full strength bulldog team get beat by half a GWS team and still not want a coaching change immediately whether it will happen or not is baffling.

No pride
No passion
No fight
No skill
No plan
No structure
No depth
No KPS
No tactics
No idea

Disagree that it was meaningless. Tell Young or Austin if it was meaningless.
I thought Dahl played a very selfish game, his primary role is to be at the fall of the ball. His other roles are to convert set shots, create massive forward line pressure, occasional midfield forays and to be a leader of a very young group.
I hope the last few games were an aberration and Lukey resets for next year.
Don't think it was meaningless for Bob either, he still looked shattered tonight on 360

Just watched this game again

Seriously can't believe that anyone can watch a basically full strength bulldog team get beat by half a GWS team and still not want a coaching change immediately whether it will happen or not is baffling.

No pride
No passion
No fight
No skill
No plan
No structure
No depth
No KPS
No tactics
No idea

Late to the party but here's my in-depth post-match summary.

hKeQZmN.gif

You win some you lose some. Not that fussed this year.

Put a KPD in the backline, put a KPF fwd and a in form Jones, and we aren't too far off being okay.

Cannot agree with this. The lack of heart and application shown in many games this year is so disheartening and, to me, points to deeper problems than two or three players can solve. I believe we seriously over rate a number of players on our list and need a greater number of changes than I first thought to even get us to "ok".

Ok, I'm 14 hours ahead of you guys but I'm afraid I just now got around to watching the game. And there's one particular thing that I have to get off my chest. Early in the fourth quarter I watched a run of play that included the Giants throwing the ball twice, dragging the ball in, making high contact and landing in the back. None of this was called and the commentators only briefly mentioned the in the back. Then there was a bit of high contact from one of the Doggies which was immediately replayed so the commentators could mention that the Dogs were lucky to get away with that one.

And one other thing that has been on my mind for several weeks now. We have been involved in our fair share of goal reviews this season but I can't recall a single one going in our favor. Being half way 'round the world I can't seem to locate any stats for that. So if anybody knows where to find that information I'd like to know if I'm just a paranoid Dogs fan or if it's another area where there needs to be some equalization.

hmmm..dont you mean 14 hours behind ;)

hmmm..dont you mean 14 hours behind ;)
No, games that are scheduled for late Sunday afternoon in Melbourne I can watch around 2 AM Sunday morning here. So I can watch the game 14 hours earlier than you guys. (if I set my alarm and wake up that early) You would think that would be a huge advantage in the Pieman and pick the first goal kicker competitions, but so far I've been unable to capitalize. Sure, if you look at it another way late Sunday afternoon comes 14 hours later for me and I am 14 hours behind. ;)

No, games that are scheduled for late Sunday afternoon in Melbourne I can watch around 2 AM Sunday morning here. So I can watch the game 14 hours earlier than you guys. (if I set my alarm and wake up that early) You would think that would be a huge advantage in the Pieman and pick the first goal kicker competitions, but so far I've been unable to capitalize. Sure, if you look at it another way late Sunday afternoon comes 14 hours later for me and I am 14 hours behind. ;)

alright... alright... email the ozlotto and powerball number to me after they've been drawn thanks ;) that way I can get my entry in before they're drawn and capitalise on a free few million dollars :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cannot agree with this. The lack of heart and application shown in many games this year is so disheartening and, to me, points to deeper problems than two or three players can solve. I believe we seriously over rate a number of players on our list and need a greater number of changes than I first thought to even get us to "ok".

I was not too fussed about the way the season was going until the game at Cazaly. That one got me rather excited and optimistic. With so many of our veterans out the pups stepped up that day and took it upon themselves to get the job done. I really thought we'd turned a big corner there and was expecting that to carry us through to a strong finish. Unfortunately that poise, confidence and, yes, heart did not carry through and I am not nearly as confident looking ahead to next season as I once was.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back