Review Autopsy vs Essendon, Round 18 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

All i want is Redpath and Campbell to stay in the side. Both are gaining confidence and developing well.

Also JJ and Grants runs yesterday were just wow. Love seeing our players turn on the after burners.

Someone mentioned Z.Cordy earlier and i have to admit he looks good. I reckon he could slot in next week if we wanted him to and he would perform.
Such great depth atm.

Now I know some people still think it shouldn't be, but as I said in preseason, Dahl in the midfield has always been common sense. He's a contested animal, a dynamic mover and good with his hands. I was expecting him to spend more time forward than he has, and he should, but that's a ripping string to his bow. His movement inside 50 is frightening for other teams and we've hardly called on it all year. His skill set is the most like Cyril in the game, but yes they have their differences

I think he is actually quite good in a true one on one. But the last two weeks hes played on a different opponent every defensive 50 entry as there are no other talls to support him.

My problem with talia is that currently he isn't the right matchup for the blokes that usually take him to town. That is players who are close to 200cm who are able to mark the ball at the highest point. Lynch, Moore and Daniher have been able to make several contested marks on him because they have huge reach and Talia has short arms. He is suited to the 193 - 195cm athletes like Walker, N.Riewoldt, Gunston who aren't the mark the ball at the highest point types but rather use their athleticism to take contested marks. Tals has good strength, great tank, decent speed and a good read of the game, hence why he often can chop off the leading forwards.

Talia the only negative for me, he just isn't good enough at the moment. Can't wait for Fletch to be fit.

JJ, Wood, Murph. When these three play well we win.
Fair crack. He was playing on some pretty gun big men down there. It was Bombers strong suite and he at least broke even I thought.

The Bont is that good with his hands his teammates just don't expect it .
Caleb Daniel below his knees is just exceptional, as his decision making .
To think we got rid of that useless lump of s**t Jones for that pick
I reckon even Jones could have been a much better/damaging player under Bev

JJ with 814 metres gained.. Damn and hunter with 13 last quarter disposals..also damn
Some of JJ's runs and Grants speed too made Bombers look foolish. Also the energy and run of our mids to get to contests at either end. Bombers just didn't look like they had the fitness as a whole.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure whats happened with Redpaths set shots? Pretty frustrating, if he was kicking them at the moment he would be in some great form. He is really starting to impress around the ground though, his tank has improved out of sight, he gets up and down the ground, always presenting on the lead, uses the ball well around the ground, lays plenty of tackles and makes his weight felt, just needs to convert his set shots!

Not sure whats happened with Redpaths set shots? Pretty frustrating, if he was kicking them at the moment he would be in some great form. He is really starting to impress around the ground though, his tank has improved out of sight, he gets up and down the ground, always presenting on the lead, uses the ball well around the ground, lays plenty of tackles and makes his weight felt, just needs to convert his set shots!
I know, it frustrates me no end.... His kicking for goal is or should I say was a real strength. Now he even is struggling for distance which was also a strength.

My problem with talia is that currently he isn't the right matchup for the blokes that usually take him to town. That is players who are close to 200cm who are able to mark the ball at the highest point. Lynch, Moore and Daniher have been able to make several contested marks on him because they have huge reach and Talia has short arms. He is suited to the 193 - 195cm athletes like Walker, N.Riewoldt, Gunston who aren't the mark the ball at the highest point types but rather use their athleticism to take contested marks. Tals has good strength, great tank, decent speed and a good read of the game, hence why he often can chop off the leading forwards.

Fair call, he doesn't have much of a leap either. If he plays this week, Schulz should be a good match up for him.

Essendon are a club bereft of life
It's the walking dead
Have to credit their supporters for the wY they patiently sit thru performances like yesterday which defy description

I think it's good to honour lesser players like cam white
Who was very poorly treated by Rodney eAde - he had more than a bit
And could have been special
Still speaking rubbish!
Cam Wight was a dud

Hook,%20Line,%20and%20Sinker%20(title).jpg

Really liked Biggys game, what impressed me the most was how good he was defensively and one on one. Couple of times he was caught out one on one on Hooker who is just about the best at that in the game and Biggs beat him. Also took a really nice contested mark. Love that he allows Murph to go forward at times.

It's called the Ryan Hargrave syndrome

By the way, I was wrong about Bontempelli and the AFL Player Ratings. He's rising faster than I thought he was. He'll probably be our highest rated player within 2 weeks. If he has a big game next week, he could conceivably be our highest rated player after next round. That is incredible.

By the way, I was wrong about Bontempelli and the AFL Player Ratings. He's rising faster than I thought he was. He'll probably be our highest rated player within 2 weeks. If he has a big game next week, he could conceivably be our highest rated player after next round. That is incredible.
3rd in the competition over the past month.
He just uses the ball so well - good god what he'll be like with a couple more pre-seasons under his belt.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back