Review Autopsy vs North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolutely loved this!

UnawareUnselfishDogwoodclubgall.gif

For a player of his size to be doing that is quite frankly unbelievable. Love the wallis sheppard as well.

Team first Mitch!!

It was sad to hear David King's commentary be a bit biased. He's normally a fan of pure footy but his whole "it's all about Harvey and Higgins boys" was a let down
I just watched the foxfooty replay and heard the comment. It wasn't biased. It was an assessment on what he thought North needed to do to win, and that was get the ball into the hands of Higgins and Harvey through the middle.

I just watched the foxfooty replay and heard the comment. It wasn't biased. It was an assessment on what he thought North needed to do to win, and that was get the ball into the hands of Higgins and Harvey through the middle.
yeah, i understand a lot of what we perceive from commentators comes from our background knowledge of them, and i guess what gets me is he's usually quite fascinated by the tactics being employed but on this occasion it sounded like he was thinking as a North fan. Because we'd just turned the game in an intriguing way.

I'll cop that I'm probably just confirming bias, but that was the feeling that came to me

yeah, i understand a lot of what we perceive from commentators comes from our background knowledge of them, and i guess what gets me is he's usually quite fascinated by the tactics being employed but on this occasion it sounded like he was thinking as a North fan. Because we'd just turned the game in an intriguing way.

I'll cop that I'm probably just confirming bias, but that was the feeling that came to me
All good mate. Though I get where Kingy was coming from with his comment. North needed to slice through our midfield if they were going to get it inside 50 where North had the definite advantage in the air. Higgins and Boomer and I would add Dal Santo needed to get the ball more or receive the ball more as they are the better ball users whom can usually choose the right option going inside 50.

Good thing we won the middle convincingly and were able to stop those players having that much of an influence.

It was sad to hear David King's commentary be a bit biased. He's normally a fan of pure footy but his whole "it's all about Harvey and Higgins boys" was a let down
How about when he said Roughy's goal was clearly touched and you can clearly see it from the first angle. I rewound it, you couldn't even see Thompson's hand.

All good mate. Though I get where Kingy was coming from with his comment. North needed to slice through our midfield if they were going to get it inside 50 where North had the definite advantage in the air. Higgins and Boomer and I would add Dal Santo needed to get the ball more or receive the ball more as they are the better ball users whom can usually choose the right option going inside 50.

Good thing we won the middle convincingly and were able to stop those players having that much of an influence.
You aren't wrong but the problem was the way he said it. A simple "they need to find a way to get it in the hands of Boomer and Higgins" would have been fine, "the Dogs are doing well to keep it out of the hands of the Roos prime movers" would've been better. But what he said was "the game hinges on the play of Harvey and Higgins" I'm sorry but that just gives us absolutely no credit. It was as if North were beating themselves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How about Brent Harvey giving up chasing almost immediately. Lazy old bastard, he'd be the only one with any chance!
Probably thought"yeah I can catch him but what am I gonna do when I get there?"
I think you're both giving him too much credit. The slight hesitation before the package exploded was seeing which way Harvey (in front of him) was going to go. My guess is that the behind the goals footage will be damning of Harvey. Close up vision will likely reveal the sudden appearance of a brown stain on his white shorts as he s*** himself and peeled away to the soft option, opening the door for one of our season highlights.

I think you're both giving him too much credit. The slight hesitation before the package exploded was seeing which way Harvey (in front of him) was going to go. My guess is that the behind the goals footage will be damning of Harvey. Close up vision will likely reveal the sudden appearance of a brown stain on his white shorts as he s*** himself and peeled away to the soft option, opening the door for one of our season highlights.

Probably thought"yeah I can catch him but what am I gonna do when I get there?"

How about Brent Harvey giving up chasing almost immediately. Lazy old bastard, he'd be the only one with any chance!

Spot on. That's exactly what i thought!! You guys clearly have the superior football brains. Brent Harvey, the bloke with 400+ games, got out of the way of the premiership winning, 5 time best and fairest winner, 4 time all Australian also known as "the package". Seriously come on, he just peeled off and covered an exit. You guys won, well played and we will see you in two weeks.

Spot on. That's exactly what i thought!! You guys clearly have the superior football brains. Brent Harvey, the bloke with 400+ games, got out of the way of the premiership winning, 5 time best and fairest winner, 4 time all Australian also known as "the package". Seriously come on, he just peeled off and covered an exit. You guys won, well played and we will see you in two weeks.

You are such a good loser mate. Thanks for that contribution. #lolNorf

You are such a good loser mate. Thanks for that contribution. #lolNorf
Sore loser? haha, as i said, you were the better team, i quite like the bulldogs mate, just making the point that the above comments in regards to Harvey and Stringer were lets say a little ridiculous

Sore loser? haha, as i said, you were the better team, i quite like the bulldogs mate, just making the point that the above comments in regards to Harvey and Stringer were lets say a little ridiculous

They were light hearted banter mate. Get a grip. #lolNorf

I think Boohoomer was thinking, if I just give up here, I'll be ready to receive the cheap ball coming back the other way and take the plaudits for my downhill skiing.

Crock Hunter . We always welcome posters from other boards on here and have lots of regular visitors. Tools, however, are not welcome. Perhaps it's time you went home.

I think Boohoomer was thinking, if I just give up here, I'll be ready to receive the cheap ball coming back the other way and take the plaudits for my downhill skiing.
I reckon it was more primal than that. He chose self preservation. Honeychurch, on the other hand, would've taken one for the team (may not have remembered it but would've taken it).

yeah, see Stringer to the midfield in bursts is a very good thing. Both he and Bont have the 'I have to get this ball to someone inside 50, so get out of my way' attitude. Stringer with power and speed, Bont with mystical powers.

Bont is like the X-man Nightcrawler

Remove this Banner Ad

Back