Review Autopsy vs North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Spot on. That's exactly what i thought!! You guys clearly have the superior football brains. Brent Harvey, the bloke with 400+ games, got out of the way of the premiership winning, 5 time best and fairest winner, 4 time all Australian also known as "the package". Seriously come on, he just peeled off and covered an exit. You guys won, well played and we will see you in two weeks.
What was wrong with what I said?
Wasn't denigrating Harvey more acknowledging Stringer. Or can't I be buoyant about one of our players on our board? * you North supporters are sensitive.

Absolutely loved this!

UnawareUnselfishDogwoodclubgall.gif

Are they even running? Stringer is just floating past them

I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but from watching at the game there seemed to be a few times where one of our guys had a mark/free kick and the North player impeded them - I know at least one of them I think it was Firrito who didn't think the ball had travelled the required distance and went at the player after they had taken a fair grab. None were punished with 50m penalites.

Was this obvious over the telecast or was I seeing things (on more than one occasion)? They seemed to have a lot of leeway, and always followed up by Firrito acting totally bemused at the rules, despite the fact he's played 250 games of football so should have half of an idea.

I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but from watching at the game there seemed to be a few times where one of our guys had a mark/free kick and the North player impeded them - I know at least one of them I think it was Firrito who didn't think the ball had travelled the required distance and went at the player after they had taken a fair grab. None were punished with 50m penalites.

Was this obvious over the telecast or was I seeing things (on more than one occasion)? They seemed to have a lot of leeway, and always followed up by Firrito acting totally bemused at the rules, despite the fact he's played 250 games of football so should have half of an idea.
The one you mentioned was blatant on TV. It was Thompson on Webb, ran ten metres over the mark.

If you want to finish off your day on a high, watch the Brad Scott press conference.

Tosser.
To be fair to Scott, the journos were ******* dumbarses that did him no favours at all with their questions, like the tackle, he said no comment and didn't want to comment on it to avoid a please explain, and they kept on blabbing on about Wells even though Scott had to repeat himself that he didn't know how he went.

There was another with swallow, gave away a free kick for a poor tackle, then as our player tried to get up and rub back he grabbed both legs and took him to ground.

Another thing with the umpiring, Waite is having a shot from the boundary line and our boys are set in line with the top of the square. It's a 5m protected zone, not 10. Nothing gives me the shits more than this.

Interesting the hate for Ziebell. Granted I barely noticed him yesterday, but I've enjoyed his work previously. Massive-bodied mid with great forward instincts. Would love him in our side, when he's not unconscious that is.
Ziebells best is way better than Cunningtons or Swallows. Would be frustrating as a Norf fan having him perform like what he did yesterday every couple of weeks, he'd be borderline A grade if he was consistent, instead he's just a B grade plodder like the rest of them.

Gave away a heap of free kicks too

Ziebells best is way better than Cunningtons or Swallows. Would be frustrating as a Norf fan having him perform like what he did yesterday every couple of weeks, he'd be borderline A grade if he was consistent, instead he's just a B grade plodder like the rest of them.

Gave away a heap of free kicks too
Hard to tell on TV but it seemed he was playing a negative role on Wallis? Which is a strange coaching move given he is better then the rest of their mids in an attacking sense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard to tell on TV but it seemed he was playing a negative role on Wallis? Which is a strange coaching move given he is better then the rest of their mids in an attacking sense.
I couldn't tell myself as I was up on level three, Cunnington was shithouse himself, Ziebell had 15 and Cunnington 13 for the day IIRC, Wallis had 31, that plan failed.

Disagree. His best is easily A grade. Just don't see it often enough.
So was Jarred Brennan's but nobody ever talks about him as A grade either.

So was Jarred Brennan's but nobody ever talks about him as A grade either.
Ok, put them into the "have all the talent in the world but never produced it enough" category.

Whenever Ziebell plays well, Norf generally play well also, he's their barometer imo.

The game was a great example of A grade talent winning games. Norf are a very experienced and even team, without any genuine stars. When it got tight, they couldn't go with Bonti and strings. Oh and macrae was awesome last night too.

Two of those blokes are in their 3rd season and the other is still 19. Well now.

The game was a great example of A grade talent winning games. Norf are a very experienced and even team, without any genuine stars. When it got tight, they couldn't go with Bonti and strings. Oh and macrae was awesome last night too.

Two of those blokes are in their 3rd season and the other is still 19. Well now.

Hunter is very quickly moving into this category.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was another with swallow, gave away a free kick for a poor tackle, then as our player tried to get up and rub back he grabbed both legs and took him to ground.

Another thing with the umpiring, Waite is having a shot from the boundary line and our boys are set in line with the top of the square. It's a 5m protected zone, not 10. Nothing gives me the shits more than this.

Worst thing about that was that Waite actually played on (left his line) while still OOB. Should have been a throw-in. They have used that rule several times this year.

Worst thing about that was that Waite actually played on (left his line) while still OOB. Should have been a throw-in. They have used that rule several times this year.
Nothing wrong with that, he can play on so long as he makes a direct line inbounds. Not a throw in, correct call from the umpires there.

You clearly don't know the rule

Nothing wrong with that, he can play on so long as he makes a direct line inbounds. Not a throw in, correct call from the umpires there.

You clearly know the rule.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back