Review Autopsy vs North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

11938902_10154371744818561_682790121_n.jpg

I love my nephew but really, scheduling your wedding on the day we finally beat #lolnorf is just mean! May have kept a constant check on the phone at the reception and watched the replay as soon as I got home but really wish I could have been there...

Oh well, next time #lolnorf

There was another with swallow, gave away a free kick for a poor tackle, then as our player tried to get up and rub back he grabbed both legs and took him to ground.

Yep, remember this vividly, was on Dahlhaus. Screamed absolute blue murder at the TV. Surprised the umps didn't hear me, 375kms away.

That win's up there with the best of the year i reckon. Probably the best behind the sydney one, because it's 100% confirmed our quality.

The resilience to turn things around in the second quarter when it was a pretty hot ball game and we may well've put our tails between our legs and crumbled.

The three heroes from the second quarter for mine were Bob, who lifted over a period of about 5 minutes, Bont who upset the balance of things by kicking his goal in a forward line we were struggling to even bring the ball to ground in and Boyd for his brilliant reading of the play to make Norf cough up that play inside 50 (Crameri and Grant helped a lot with their support run)

Tactically Bevo made a fool of me again.

The ruck tactics worked beautifully. I think we got better when we stopped being obsessed with 3rd man up and we backed our own boys and Rough in a bit more. Macrae was brilliant in tight.

The short kpd stocks also seem to have flown over the head of Brad Scott. His presser pointed to their contested marking dominance and thought it was a good sign. Surely he would've looked at the team we named and acknowledged it was what we were always going to concede? Our ability to stifle their ball movement got them in the end and conversely our ability to get the ball and just run with support was awesome.

Really liked the games of Dahl, Honey, Biggs and later in the game JJ.

Bontempelli
is an absolute freak. No one in the league can take the ball from a contest to an advantage stream as prolifically as this bloke.

Been waiting for Stringer to have one of those corridor gallops for a while now, what a sight
I like the power plays. But there is a lot of guts snd running and help outs to make them happen. And brains.
Its a beautiful thing.

I like Brad scott.
I like watching his "frustrations" ... very entertaining.
Carries on like a rabid supporter.
Never liked the Scotts as players.
Their thugism against the Irish was a disgrace.

But I like watching Brad Scott.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, remember this vividly, was on Dahlhaus. Screamed absolute blue murder at the TV. Surprised the umps didn't hear me, 375kms away.

People complain about the Scott brothers complaining but by god we have some biased supporters. Dahl was milking the 50 and dove. No 50 there.

If this game didn't prove that Roughead is our number one ruck, I don't know what will.

Lets discuss. He got caned in the stoppages, but got a lot of tackles and 1%ers. He kicked one goal - probably should have had 2 or 3 since he got his hands on at least 2 other marking attempts in the F50.

We have been playing boyd in the ruck at VFL. Is the plan to have both of these guys rotating between ruck and forward during the finals? If so, I expect to see Boyd wheeled out against Brisbane for a practice run.

If anyone read the match reviews in the papers it was all about North. How North were going to improve, how North's structure was going through some fine tuning and how North are going to come good for the finals..

Lets discuss. He got caned in the stoppages, but got a lot of tackles and 1%ers. He kicked one goal - probably should have had 2 or 3 since he got his hands on at least 2 other marking attempts in the F50.

We have been playing boyd in the ruck at VFL. Is the plan to have both of these guys rotating between ruck and forward during the finals? If so, I expect to see Boyd wheeled out against Brisbane for a practice run.
This appears to be the strategy or if it is not it should be.
Red is no better than either up forward and neither Minson nor Campbell were better than Roughy and Boyd is a better second ruck than red.

Really strengthens 2 areas

People complain about the Scott brothers complaining but by god we have some biased supporters. Dahl was milking the 50 and dove. No 50 there.
Really?

Cos this looks pretty damning....
Swallow Trip.jpg

Look at how much muscle tension is in Swallows arm, he's holding Dahl's legs pretty damn tight. Also, Swallow stands up about 18 inches but his hand position on Dahl's leg moves maybe 2 to 3 at most.

This is the sort of s**t that if we did, it'd be a 50m penalty all day long.

Last edited:
Really?

View attachment 168178

Look at how much muscle tension is in Swallows arm, he's holding Dahl's legs pretty damn tight. Also, Swallow stands up about 18 inches but his hand position on Dahl's leg moves maybe 2 to 3 at most.

When I saw that I nearly spat my coffee out, and as you mentioned had it been the other way around it definitely would have been 50

The 50m penalty has become a bit like deliberate out of bounds. It's like it builds up over a few incidents and then an innocuous one gets pinned. Until the arbitrary call gets made it is a bit of a free for all so long as you attempt to disguise your infringement.

Really?

View attachment 168178

That sort of holding happens at literally every contest in the history of the AFL.

What if I told you that there's no agenda against us?

I like Brad scott.
I like watching his "frustrations" ... very entertaining.
Carries on like a rabid supporter.
Never liked the Scotts as players.
Their thugism against the Irish was a disgrace.

But I like watching Brad Scott.

There's no bigger whiner in the game than Brad Scott, his presser summed him up to a tee.

That sort of holding happens at literally every contest in the history of the AFL.

What if I told you that there's no agenda against us?
While I agree that there's no agenda against us and that sometimes our supporters can be biased, this is a terrible example of it.
Was clearly fifty, Dahlhaus was trying to play on and was tripped.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back