Review Autopsy vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

be dazzled by names!

Kieran Jack, Nick Smith, Cunningham, Biggs (kept Griffen quiet), Rampe, & Lloyd, all former rookies who have made their mark.

Parker - Pick 40
Malceski - Pick 64
Hannebery - Pick 30
Towers - Pick 22
Goodes - Pick 43

Thats 11 players, or half the team outside pick 22 or upgraded rookies. Look at the total picture.

And how much is Kieran Jack getting from ambassadorial payments?

Let's trade him, he's showing talent

I seriously would In a heartbeat for a KP

We NEED a KP, we don't need another small mid coz without the KP we have no chance of success

He has value trade him if it's for a kp

I seriously would In a heartbeat for a KP

We NEED a KP, we don't need another small mid coz without the KP we have no chance of success

He has value trade him if it's for a kp
I think we have to show a bit of faith in what we have. Jones, Redpath, Stringer, Campbell, Cordy, Jones and Roughead have all shown some aptitude in the forward line - if two of them really come on we have a spine. Let's have some patience and go for the best avalaible

1- they are good , we are not
2- they have KPS , we do not
3- Roughead is not and never will be a FB
4- Jong is not and never will be an AFL footballer
5- GWS massive chance to beat us this week

1- they are good , we are not
2- they have KPS , we do not
3- Roughead is not and never will be a FB
4- Jong is not and never will be an AFL footballer
5- GWS massive chance to beat us this week
Just wondering mate where do you see Roughie being good? Clearly a talented player but like you I'm not sure if FB is his best position

Which KPP?

Hmmmm well of course this is subjective but we all know we need a KP and need to actually give something to get one so that would mean Libba Bonts macrae and to a lesser extent Wallis or Hrovat IMO

So looking at that list Hrovat is the one if put on the table.

To answer your question for what KP, I'm not sure who is available and working on a hangover I'm struggling but there has to be options out there

Just wondering mate where do you see Roughie being good? Clearly a talented player but like you I'm not sure if FB is his best position

Yeah Roughie actually worries me

He isn't mobile enough to play back, gets burnt by faster forwards.
Not enough engine for a ruckman

So I see his only option as a tall option in a balanced forward line OR trade bait.

Hmmmm well of course this is subjective but we all know we need a KP and need to actually give something to get one so that would mean Libba Bonts macrae and to a lesser extent Wallis or Hrovat IMO

So looking at that list Hrovat is the one if put on the table.

To answer your question for what KP, I'm not sure who is available and working on a hangover I'm struggling but there has to be options out there
I don't think Hrovat has the value to get a quality KPF. That's why i asked the question. If we are just going to go out and get a Griffiths I'd rather play a midget forwardline again.

Yeah Roughie actually worries me

He isn't mobile enough to play back, gets burnt by faster forwards.
Not enough engine for a ruckman

So I see his only option as a tall option in a balanced forward line OR trade bait.
I can see merit in lining up the forward line (if the back line was sound) something like this:

HF: Grant Stringer Dahl
FF: Crameri Roughead Cooney

I think in our current state we need Roughead in the backline though. Roughie has made me a bit sad lately, he's got so much talent but those shoulders are a worry - I think we'll all be singing his praises next season.

On a completely unrelated note seeing (not my) buddy open us up tonight made me yearn for a young tommygun - back in their early days tommy was the only bloke who could hold buddy in check. Such a shame his career didn't work out he was one hell of an athlete

I don't think Hrovat has the value to get a quality KPF. That's why i asked the question. If we are just going to go out and get a Griffiths I'd rather play a midget forwardline again.
My barber (a richmond fan) was trying to tell me that we should trade them wallis for vickery. No way I would want to lose wallis but he seems to think vickery is on the table and if we could screw them and get it cheap I'd be all for it personally

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My barber (a richmond fan) was trying to tell me that we should trade them wallis for vickery. No way I would want to lose wallis but he seems to think vickery is on the table and if we could screw them and get it cheap I'd be all for it personally
I'd only take him for free. Not really a Vickery fan. Just plays with zero aggression.
As for Wallis I think we're all seeing how important he is in real time at the moment.

I'd only take him for free. Not really a Vickery fan. Just plays with zero aggression.
As for Wallis I think we're all seeing how important he is in real time at the moment.
I'm a massive Wallis fan, I told him in no uncertain terms he was dreaming.

I do have to disagree with you on the Vickery front. Whilst idealistically I don't agree with the way he goes about things he certainly doesn't seem to mind letting a bloke know he could smash him, which is exactly what our forward line needs if you ask me. If the defenders are busy watching out for the cheap shot they'll be far less focused on stopping Stringer/Grant/Dahl getting the cheap goals

Back on the game...

I thought for the most part our midfield did quite well. Just outclassed by an ultra drilled Sydney team. Hrovat was the biggest plus. His composure when he has it adds a lot to the side.
Macrae was very good again. There was one effort I was a bit dirty on him for where he didn't chase when he needed to, but it thankfully worked out for us anyway, and I think we had a shot on goal. Seriously impressive for a 2nd year player.
Libba was Libba. He's been better, but he did the things Libba does, and he did them well.

I'm hoping our terrible kicking of late has been down to being late in the season. Been shocking the last couple of weeks.

Back on the game...

I thought for the most part our midfield did quite well. Just outclassed by an ultra drilled Sydney team. Hrovat was the biggest plus. His composure when he has it adds a lot to the side.
Macrae was very good again. There was one effort I was a bit dirty on him for where he didn't chase when he needed to, but it thankfully worked out for us anyway, and I think we had a shot on goal. Seriously impressive for a 2nd year player.
Libba was Libba. He's been better, but he did the things Libba does, and he did them well.

I'm hoping our terrible kicking of late has been down to being late in the season. Been shocking the last couple of weeks.
It's interesting how everyone is up in arms about our kicking. Remember seeing the stats on the big screen at half time and the only stat we were winning was the disposal efficiency o_O

Back on the game...

Interesting, disposal efficiency was poor from a few players that I'd expect better of.

Gia 54%, Higgins 58%, Stringer 61%. On the bright side Tommy Campbell went at 100%... from 2 touches :(

I'm not sure how to access any of that pressure/implied pressure crap and whether or not the Swans are ranked highly in that department, but it hasn't been an issue for some of these players against similarly impressive opposition.

It's interesting how everyone is up in arms about our kicking. Remember seeing the stats on the big screen at half time and the only stat we were winning was the disposal efficiency o_O
Disposal efficiency can be a flawed stat. A long kick to a 50/50 is considered an effective disposal. This is something we do a lot.
I'd say it's pretty clear just watching the game our kicking has been bad lately.

Interesting, disposal efficiency was poor from a few players that I'd expect better of.

Gia 54%, Higgins 58%, Stringer 61%. On the bright side Tommy Campbell went at 100%... from 2 touches :(

I'm not sure how to access any of that pressure/implied pressure crap and whether or not the Swans are ranked highly in that department, but it hasn't been an issue for some of these players against similarly impressive opposition.
With the speed in which the Swans spread, I wouldn't be surprised if their pressure stats would be high. Seem to get around the ground very efficiently.

Mostly because most of our disposals were two metre handballs to a player in trouble, 20 metre kicks that accomplished very little, or 50 metre plus kicks to nothing that are generally classed as effective. The second we tried anything even remotely creative (and occasionally the easy stuff as well) we messed it up.

Hrovat and a pick might get something and depending on KP will determine pick

It seems I need to learn more about the classification of statistics. I (incorrectly) assumed an effective disposal was a disposal that gave a teammate the opportunity at another disposal
I don't think so, no. It's just a disposal that is to the advantage of your team - i.e., your player is closer to it than their player, basically. DE% is a really useless stat by itself in my opinion, it doesn't really show a whole lot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back