Movie Avengers: Age of Ultron

Remove this Banner Ad

Never said you weren't allowed to.
Congrats on being the only bloke on the planet who thought it was s**t tho o_O

Actually I disliked The Avengers as well....... while everyone I know raves on and on about how good it was giving it 10/10 or A+ ratings. I myself thought it was not as good as what others had said. On the flip side many of the same people that thought The Avengers was awesome - thought The Dark Knight Rises was really bad. Whereas I thought TDKR was brilliant and rounded off Nolan's trilogy rather well (even if Batman was missing for 90% of it lol).

I thought the storyline of The Avengers was a bit passe, sure it had some witty one liners throughout but it was not the movie of the year many people said it was. Also the mixing of the cgi with the real life elements made the film look odd (mostly where they cgi'd extra elements in the background with the real life actors moving around etc), not counting when Hulk was on screen (I actually thought that was one thing they did really well - animating Hulk with everyone else). Another forum described it best saying how it looked more like a tv show being filmed on the big screen instead of it being a big blockbuster that it's supposed to be.

* Edit* I have copped crap for talking about it on other forums, it's hard to explain without looking like a fruit loop. I'll have to watch the movie again and note down sequences I had issues with (talking about the cgi being over used). I am someone that thinks cgi should be used to enhance a scene, not be the the driving force and over saturate the movie with it (it's partly why I loved The Punisher, little cgi used and it was like a call back to 80's action movies).

When I saw the behind the scenes footage of the making of the film it was like I couldn't un-see the green screen they covered up with the added imagery. I had a similar problem with Spider-man 2 many years ago, thought it was awesome UNTIL I watched a making of special. I was really disappointed when I saw how much computer imagery was used (made the film look fake from that point onwards).

However I will say that I loved Captain America: The First Avenger (opnion has bias in it because Captain America is my fav Marvel comic character). The first half of the film was brilliant, second half was not as good (at that point it felt more like a toy commercial rather than a proper story driven movie). I was really looking forward to The Winter Soldier, it was easily my most anticipated movie of the year............it was great BUT X-Men: Days of future past is my favourite movie of the year (comic book character or otherwise). I was aware of the X-Men film, but I wasn't as excited about it as I was with Winter Soldier.... I guess this is why I love it so much.

For a "Marvel Universe" ranking in terms of enjoyment: Captain America: TFA, Captain America: WS, Hulk, Thor (was good... but they borrowed a lot from Masters of the Universe lol), Iron Man (movie was awesome would be an all time favourite if it wasn't for how the final battle went down and if they explained how Tony Stark survived it - without just showing him later on and oh wow he's alive shock horror), Thor 2, Iron Man 3, Iron Man 2.

I have not seen GOTG yet, will check it out on dvd.

A trend I have noticed with Marvel Universe movies (not just with Paramount/Disney, but Fox and Sony don't escape from it as well). The movies usually have good opening and middle sections, but the final act is usually not as stellar (final battles being a let down, or weak scripted moments).

Last edited:
tumblr_inline_ndgyimv8q71see345.gif

jks lol

Don't even know what to say.

Surprised they didn't have anything in any of the trailers on Von Strucker or Hydra much apart from the twins. It looks like Ultron and the Twins will be the primary enemies and marvel will keep Hydra around as background baddies for a few of the films.

Any case l can wait to see this man as Von Strucker.

Was brilliant in Downfall.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would appear Mr Stark goes to the top of everyones shitlist with a bullet....:eek:

( lead-in to CA3:CW ?? )
Ant-Man is the next movie, but CA3:CW is the first movie to be released in the third phase so I think there is going to be a very high chance it will lead into it somehow.

Ehmagerd.

Is there any word on who Serkis is going to be playing?
No confirmation yet on whom he is playing but I've read a couple of things that speculate he will be playing Ulysses Klaw a main villain of the Black Panther. Makes sense with a Black Panther release on the way as well. I'm guessing it will only be a small cameo appearance though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back