Awesome movies thread III 🎥 🎦 📽

Remove this Banner Ad

Just watched Hotel Rwanda. Has never happened to me in a movie before, but gee was I having to choke them back for most of that film.

Went and finally saw Gone Girl last night with a friend, loved it and we talked about it for about hour afterwards off and on. Still trying to work out one little bit of the movie however.

Can't wait to see Ben Affleck in the Batman movie.

Boyhood.

I just loved this and and loving it more now than for when I saw it last night.
A rare film that feels almost documentary like in the way it's set out.
Reminding oneself that the characters have actually lived through the 12 years of filming, just adds a magical touch that may be untouched for some time to come.

Last night it was 8/10 but 9/10 today.
Harks I saw this a few weeks back. I loved it too. My friend and I were amazed how they filmed it over such a long period of time. So good.

Harks I saw this a few weeks back. I loved it too. My friend and I were amazed how they filmed it over such a long period of time. So good.
:eek: etsal1 in the Blue Room , who'd have thunk it !!

Almost avoided it after Linklaters prior, being Before Midnight.
Sure the critics loved it but the protracted and meaningless bitch session left me angry. If that's what he set out to achieve then........

Boyhood just has something special about it but I do wonder whether it would have been the same movie to me, if it was manufactured in a more conventional manner. I doubt it.
One of the few......make it the only......reality (even if it was a story) episode that I've ever cared for.
Brilliant concept that was loved enough to be seen through to the end. Kudos to all involved.
My friend and I just couldn't get our head around how you could film a movie over such a long period of time. So many variables which could ruin the whole thing at any point in time.

Well worth the time spent making it. It was really great - and to think we nearly saw something else :p

My friend and I just couldn't get our head around how you could film a movie over such a long period of time. So many variables which could ruin the whole thing at any point in time.

Well worth the time spent making it. It was really great - and to think we nearly saw something else :p
I haven't seen it yet but sounds like it's worth seeing.

To make great art, sometimes you have to take risks, and it paid off this time by the look of it!

Just watched Hotel Rwanda. Has never happened to me in a movie before, but gee was I having to choke them back for most of that film.

I just watched that film and my whole perception on the value of life on a global context has changed. It is categorically a must watch film for all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Inception. Cannot think of a better movie I seen in last decade.
Before that Pulp Fiction and Shawshank Redemption were memorable quality movies of the 90's.

Pulp Fiction and Inception are only movies I even been to cinema twice to view again. Never a dull moment in either movie.

Is that what happened? Not up to date with celebrity goss :)

Would have got into the movie a little more without her presence............and then there's that speech...........:drunk:

I meant theatrically. Batman now this.;)

I actually like 3/4 quarters of Boyhood but hated the last quarter when the Boy got older. Patricia Arquette was great in it. I can never remember what I seen during the year. Oh I did like Chef quite a bit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back