Certified Legendary Thread Awkward Flirting Stories

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing particularly amazing. A few weeks later I was at her house whilst under the influence. She promised me some poutine (not what you think) if I fixed the stuck window in her room. While I was fixing the window she locked the door and the funky times began.

Delicious. Did she pay up?

I got set up by a girl that I work with. One of her friends from her netball team. She asked me to pick her up, got around to her place and knocked on the door and an old bloke opens the door.

Turns out I was picking her up from her parents house, which is where she lived. With her parents... :confused:

So by that point the date was over, but I couldn't think of any way of just ditching her that wouldn't of been embarrassing. We decided to have a couple of drinks before dinner and chat a little. Literally the first couple of things I find out about her are that, she's 25, lives at home with her parents, works in an old peoples home and is looking for a guy who's not a loser like her X.

This is about the point I made the very satisfying mistake of pointing out that she lives with her parents and doesn't have a real job. Date over, really awkward so I got her a cab home.

Copped an earful about it at work until I pointed out how would she like it if I'd set her up with a creepy guy who lived at home with his parents and worked in an old peoples home. She got my point in the end. :thumbsu:

I got set up by a girl that I work with. One of her friends from her netball team. She asked me to pick her up, got around to her place and knocked on the door and an old bloke opens the door.

Turns out I was picking her up from her parents house, which is where she lived. With her parents... :confused:

So by that point the date was over, but I couldn't think of any way of just ditching her that wouldn't of been embarrassing. We decided to have a couple of drinks before dinner and chat a little. Literally the first couple of things I find out about her are that, she's 25, lives at home with her parents, works in an old peoples home and is looking for a guy who's not a loser like her X.

This is about the point I made the very satisfying mistake of pointing out that she lives with her parents and doesn't have a real job. Date over, really awkward so I got her a cab home.

Copped an earful about it at work until I pointed out how would she like it if I'd set her up with a creepy guy who lived at home with his parents and worked in an old peoples home. She got my point in the end. :thumbsu:

Since when is working at an old peoples home not a real job? And what's wrong with living at home at 25? I was already interestate by 25 but believe me saving money for a year or two while living at home after Uni would have made a world of difference.

Jeez mate, don't hate on a persons job. I could care less what the lass does unless she's a penis farmer. I have a very good job, but that doesn't change who I am or how I should be perceived.

Picking up a girl from her olds place without knowing her would be a little awkward, but only is the folks, or you, make it so.

Is living with your parents at 25 that weird? I don't, and haven't for years, but I don't know if it's the strangest thing in the world.

And how is working in a retirement/nursing home not a job? 'Cause it kind of sounds like a job.

Considering the poor pay, crap conditions and absolutely desperate state that apply to most jobs in aged care, anyone who has chosen to make their career there has my absolute respect. It's an important and hugely undervalued job.

There's also nothing wrong with living at home at 25. Personally I couldn't do it, but I've got mates who have so they can save money and I don't think anything the less of them for it. Quite frankly it makes sense in a lot of circumstances. My parents live in a 4 bedroom place 10 minutes from my house, and half the time there's nobody there because dad works interstate and they do a lot of travelling.

If I could handle living with my parents, I'd move home - and I'm 26. Their place is far nicer than mine, and I'd save a bundle on rent.

Sorry guys didn't mean to upset everyone. I just think it's strange how women can have expectations of men that they don't meet themselves.
Girls who have that view tend to prefer traditional gender roles. If she plans to quit work and be a homemaker then it doesn't really matter if she brings no material assets or earning power to a relationship.

Plenty of guys are looking for a girl who's happy to stay home and raise the family, letting them concentrate on their career. To them the lack of a career is actually a positive when it comes to assessing a partner.

That's how women are.

The sooner you realise that, the soon you will not be as stubborn and end up having to "settle" with someone.

Seems like a pretty stupid attitude to have. If she works in elderly care, she must at least be a 'caring' person, probably earns alright coin and if she lives at home she probably HAS good coin to boot. And you never know, some chicks I've been with have awesome parents, and at the end of the day, if you have a place of your own then who gives a s**t as she would most likely be at yours a whole lot more than you're at hers. That's of course you have your own place... don't you?

After all that, if she was just someone you were looking to root, then you may as well have just done it 'cause what does all that s**t matter anyway?

If I could handle living with my parents, I'd move home - and I'm 26. Their place is far nicer than mine, and I'd save a bundle on rent.

Case in point:

My best mate, his parents are divorced have long been. His dad is not in a position to give him somewhere to live. His mum is, but his mum is a cow and charges stupid board and still makes him do "chores" around the place despite the stupid board charges and is just really generally a bitch.

So he chooses to live out of home, you can't argue with that.

Me however, I'm 26yo I live at home. My parents are the best ever. Mum does most of my stuff for me, they never demand anything of me and I help out where I can voluntarily and I also pay no board. So really, why wouldn't I given the amount of $$ I'm saving at this point?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess I just don't get the whole parents thing. Only time I talk to my folks is when they call up and ask for money. It's true what they say, you can choose you friends, but you can't choose your family.

I'm 24 and I still live with my dad. Saving for a car and other things has become a breeze because I only have to pay $50 rent. I'll probably milk it for as long as I can, even though my gf is looking at apartments as we speak.

I guess I just don't get the whole parents thing. Only time I talk to my folks is when they call up and ask for money. It's true what they say, you can choose you friends, but you can't choose your family.

My mum (who lives on the gold coast) still sends me money for my birthdays, even though I tell her not too. lol

Can't bring myself to pay off someone elses mortgage. I'm 24, still living at home while I've paid my car off, save for OS trips and save for a house of my own in an area that I'd like. Not planning to be there a whole lot longer, but a $100K deposit for a house takes a little time and I have a really good relationship with the olds.

They don't break my balls (considering they're my olds), don't mind parties or loud noise, friends over, ladies over, and don't ask for too much.

I can understand how people can't live with their olds though.

Me however, I'm 26yo I live at home. My parents are the best ever. Mum does most of my stuff for me, they never demand anything of me and I help out where I can voluntarily and I also pay no board. So really, why wouldn't I given the amount of $$ I'm saving at this point?

Good luck when you do move out. You will need a truckload of it going off that post.

I've lived out of home for about 4 years total since 18, I know more than well how to go about it. I simply chose to move home when my parents returned from living in Queensland because it made financial sense.

I've lived out of home for about 4 years total since 18, I know more than well how to go about it. I simply chose to move home when my parents returned from living in Queensland because it made financial sense.

I apologise with your previous post it came across as "I am a mum's boy who has no responsibility and just leech of my parents to get an easier ride in life."

I could never move back, never. BUt love my parents plenty

It's not a bad situation, my mum does s**t because she simply professes to enjoy doing it and wont let me. Fine by me! I see how you arrived back at that point.

I must admit, living at home does suck for the most part. Even though my parents wouldn't mind me bringing a sheila back to the house, I still don't feel like doing it.

back to the failing with women stories please.

The living out of home thing is probably worth it's own thread.

I remember this when I was younger. Took a girl I was keen on to a John Mayer concert at the Belvoir Ampitheatre (Amazing venue). I was probably 16/17 and things were starting off well but of course a fellow girl in our year and her boyfriend ran into us and decided to sit right next to us and just ruined the whole night. She wouldn't stop talking!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back