Certified Legendary Thread Awkward Flirting Stories

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
All good, don't worry. Misc is a board on the bodybuilding.com forum full of macho men who preach this "cocky/funny" attitude and basically treat women with a lack of respect.

If they want respect they shouldn't be so unbelievably susceptible to the "cocky/funny" approach.

It shits me because "cocky/funny" pretty much = "tool", and I'm not really naturally like it, but damn you can't argue with results.

Edit: Btw, I don't read Misc.

Here’s a story that happened to me recently. Long story, but the twist at the end is worth it!

After watching the abysmal effort by Carlton against Essendon at the G’, me and a mate decided we’d head on into the city and grab a few drinks to drown our sorrows. Walk into this one particular bar, with our eye on grabbing a decent seat to watch the Adelaide vs. GWS game (for betting interests sake mind you!), and the only available seat in the house is a large sofa on which 2 girls already occupied. I enquire if we can crash their party and grab a seat, to which they happily oblige. I must point out at this point that i’d probably rate the women about a 6/10; not too bad, but not anything more than what i’d consider a ‘any port in a storm’ type situation. :thumbsu:

Anyway, we all get to talking and drinking, and find out they are from Adelaide etc. etc. I’m clearly disinterested mind you, weaving in and out of convos whilst watching the footy, and messaging another mate. The seating arrangements were as follows - Me on one end of the couch, my mate in the middle, girl #1 on the opposite end of the couch, and girl #2 on a mini couch next to her friend, adjacent from where I was facing. Hence, I was talking to girl #2 a majority of the time, which obviously piques girl #1’s competitive interest and her ears prick up.

So at one point my mate signals he’s gotta hit the pisser, and as soon as he rounds the corner, girl #1 playfully throws a pillow at me and - like a bartender unsuccessfully sliding a beer from one end of the bar to the other, in the process spilling beer everywhere - she slides from down the other end of the couch to siddle up next to me. She enquires if i’m going to head on with them to the next bar, and whilst I already had other plans to catch up with another mate later on, I told her i’d be up for a few drinks for sure. At this point my interest lay with watching the footy, but I continue to humour her with some lighthearted convo, when out of nowhere she randomly whips out:

“The bottle of wine is probably giving me the confidence to say this, but i’m just putting it out there... I think you’re pretty hot!”

The statement hits me smack bang in the jaw. I look across at her. Awkwardness 2.0 sequence initiated. :eek:

As I said, this chick wasn’t anything to write home about, but if I was drunk and antsy enough i’d put one through her without a second thought. At this point I was neither.

I’m thinking WTF?! I didn’t want to lie and say I found her attractive, so as not to have her hanging off me the rest of the night. So I quickly try and deflect attention by pointing out that I bet the Carlton jumper i’m wearing is what’s bumping up her attraction towards me. I serve down the line. She laughs and says “actually that took a couple of points off”. Return serve. I’m ****ed, my brain has failed me...

Thankfully my mate and the other chick butt in and ask where we are headed to next, to which I suggest another pub and we hastily move onto the next location, all the while thinking how many more beers I need to down before I even consider dipping my wick. This chick seems deflated, I feel like a prick and we stay at this next bar for a couple of rounds before deciding we all head off home.

We all exchange numbers and agree to catch up for the Carlton vs. Adelaide game, with them being massive Crows fans, and I kiss girl #2 on the cheek. Likewise, I go to kiss girl #1 on the cheek, when she purposely turns her head and I get ‘chips’ (cheek+lips). Awkward moment #2.

After parting ways I get a text message 5 minutes later from her telling me it was nice to have met me, and we should catch up sometime. 2 hours later I text back out of kindness and say likewise. I message my mate and tell him how she tried to pash me, to which he says he already heard all about how disappointed she was in not getting a kiss (knowing this because he caught a train home as well and she told him). He proceeded to tell me how massively DTF she was for me, and that she was literally fretting over what to say in her text to me, and how soon to send it. LAWD.

Sounded like a simple conclusion... not so much. :eek:

She texts back almost instantly after my message to her, saying she was already tucked up into bed at 11:00 on a Sat. She's persistent, i'll give her that! But then I think **** it, i’m going to have some fun with this and poke the bear to see how forward she is, as she was obviously a very shy girl normally. So I text back something along the lines of “Haha is that a sly way of extending an invite my way? I’m onto you... :p” She takes it too literally, and says she didn’t mean for it to sound like an invite. Sigh. Let me try harder...

“Well, that’s a shame then. ;)

She replies: “Well i’ll make sure it’s an invitation next time. :)

Whaaaaa?! Why isn’t the fish biting I ponder? Does she need me to put my dick in a box, wrap a bow around it, take a pic and send it to her FFS? I instead choose to give up and not respond as i’m CBF coaxing her if she’s that daft.

That is until she texts me 5 days later - last weekend - immediately after Carlton narrowly beat Freo, saying “Carlton bounced back nicely :)” - obviously trying to initiate a convo. I was out downing a few for a mate’s going away drinks that night, and in my drunken state was in prime mood for docking that port due to stormy weather. So I attempt to coax the lion again.

“Yeeep, very lucky win! Am out at the moment and had a few too many. Pity you aren’t here eh, I bet you’re disappointed, as it’s an opportune moment to take advantage of me. :p

No response. DeRp?!

0 fks were given about this chick initially, but by now i'm genuinely beginning to get frustrated. The fact she has been ignorant to my baiting has created a challenge for me, in turn piquing my interest. I now desire to put one through her out of sheer challenge and the need to conquer her. Plus, I wouldn't mind getting a shot away TBH.

She’s friggin’ turned the tables! Hats off to her for her efforts - purposely or otherwise accidental. It’s like a game of chess FFS!

Will message her on the weekend when i’m out and ask if she’s out as well, and that i’m still waiting for my ‘invite’. She’s definitely receiving a $ shot in the eye/hair for creating such a challenge and wasting my time. :cool:

Has anyone else been presented with a challenge with a chick, and only thereafter developed an interest in said girl?

So is she still a 6 now?

All good, don't worry. Misc is a board on the bodybuilding.com forum full of macho men who preach this "cocky/funny" attitude and basically treat women with a lack of respect.

Cocky funny is attitude or tactic that is explained in a book called "The Game"*. Basicly a book on pick-up. Obviously these body building guys have all read that book.

*is actually a pretty good read.

Cocky funny is attitude or tactic that is explained in a book called "The Game"*. Basicly a book on pick-up. Obviously these body building guys have all read that book.

*is actually a pretty good read.

That's actually where I got the terminology from. :thumbsu:

Awesome read, and quite informative actually. He proves the theory that cocky/funny is a very successful approach. Overall, it's a great insight into the complicated headfk that is the female mind. :D

So is she still a 6 now?

Haha! Were you expecting her rating to change over the course of the story? sonamdisappoint.jpg? :p She was an 'easy' 6 - in every sense of the word - but now she's a 6 with a challenge. The kind of challenge, that when successfully completed, deserves a superman $tyle finale to proceedings for her troubles. ;)

I met a girl in a bookshop where i was going off about one thing or another in a very John Cleese like manner (i love me my monty python but unfortunately for some it appears to have influenced how i behave when i complain). The sales girl completely misreads me and starts crying. The assistant manager comes out and figures out what im up to and cant stop laughing. We end up going out for lunch at Hungry Jacks - always the best way to impress a woman and we're getting along fine, and so we decide to hit some pub after she finishes work.

Now after a drink or two, shes dancing around me and only slightly drunk, she leans in for what i assume was a kiss, but we'll never know because she pulled back suddnely, and said to me "look this has been fun, dont take this the wrong way though, ive just realised you look like my dad". She was 21. I was 25.

Ive since heard this three or four times from various women over the years. Ironically the chick im seeing now never thought it and Im 12 years older than her. Go Wookie.

For a while there I thought you were currently 25. Dating 13 year olds is bad. :p:

Had to re read post.

I did too. I was all soniamproud.

Seriously, if you're reading gutter trash like "The Game" in order to learn how to pick up women, you're only ever going to pick up ****ing dopey bitches.

I did too. I was all soniamproud.

Seriously, if you're reading gutter trash like "The Game" in order to learn how to pick up women, you're only ever going to pick up ****ing dopey bitches.

Now I haven't read 'The Game' fully, I started it out of interest... but ironically quickly lost that, but I agree.

Basically it's about being the furthest thing from yourself (assuming you're in a similar position to the author) as possible; you're basically acting.

So, if you have no self-respect and are THAT bad with women... then go for it :thumbsu:.

If you have even the slightest skill with women; maybe you can't seal the deal but you can talk... then I encourage you to find other ways to boost your confidence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The game would be a real eye opener for most people who have posted here.

Its a good starting point for people who just cant pick up for s**t.

"acting" cool will eventually get you laid with hotties even if they are stupid.

"being" your normal self will only get you pity ****s if you dont know the basics of how to attract the women you want.

The game would be a real eye opener for most people who have posted here.

Its a good starting point for people who just cant pick up for s**t.

"acting" cool will eventually get you laid with hotties even if they are stupid.

"being" your normal self will only get you pity ****s if you dont know the basics of how to attract the women you want.

I can live with that.

Was it Groucho Marx that said "Any club that would have me as a member, I wouldn't want to join."? Same applies here. If being a monumental douchebag attracts a woman, I immediately have zero interest in said woman, because she is a moron, and should do society a favour and deepthroat a cactus.

I haven't read The Game, but I get the impression that it's more about cheap psychological and emotional manipulation than just basic social skills.

If someone has trouble in social situations I'd be more likely to recommend they read something like Edward de Bono's How To Have A Beautiful Mind.

So knowing body language skills and basic conversation skills mean "being a douchebag" ?

I freely admit I have neither of those skills, but I was more referring to the "cocky/funny" approach.

Then there is the style of shirts etc a lot of blokes wear now, but thats a whole other thread

I haven't read The Game, but I get the impression that it's more about cheap psychological and emotional manipulation than just basic social skills.

If someone has trouble in social situations I'd be more likely to recommend they read something like Edward de Bono's How To Have A Beautiful Mind.

Yep, that's the impression I got from the first 40-50 pages.

If being a monumental douchebag attracts a woman, I immediately have zero interest in said woman, because she is a moron, and should do society a favour and deepthroat a cactus.
We aren't talking about getting married and starting a life together with the random hot chick in the bar you are at.

We're talking about having sex. With a hot girl. If being a douchebag works, kudos to whoever does it.

I went to a costume party as Superman, my "thing" was going around to some of the girls i knew.... and randoms i didn't and search for my missing Lois Lane. Extremely lame, but a test as a way to start off a conversation.

I got to talking with this very nice girl with fiery red hair, we were getting along rather well (in my estimation) until i had a case of foot in mouth disease, an unintentional case might i add. As i felt we were getting along early on, i started the stupid joke routine. I was getting warmed up, when i made note of how well we were communicating and that the only way things would go belly up is if the house caught fire. She then begins to get extremely upset. As it turns out, her house was recently destroyed by fire.

Even though i didn't find out until after everything had settled down, i can still hear the wheel of fortune "bankrupt" sound effect playing through my mind as i relive the very moment when things went south.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back