Certified Legendary Thread Awkward Flirting Stories

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not all the time. A mate once gave me the email address of a girl he knew.

First time that I talked to her she told me how many times a week she masturbated.
14-on-the-internet.jpg

Haha yeah MSN flirting was a killer. Remember getting done by the old 'hey GTF, will you go out with me?' then a bit further down in the convo getting 'OMG sorry, that was actually my friend speaking to you haha!' Luckily I had said 'na not over MSN, ask me at school', or it would've been awkward for about 5 minutes the next day. Was the hottest chick in the year too.

What about the old 'change your MSN status to away when people you're trying to avoid sign in' bit? Saved me from a few awkward conversations.

What about the old 'change your MSN status to away when people you're trying to avoid sign in' bit? Saved me from a few awkward conversations.

I just set mine to offline and just initiated a conversation with whoever I wanted to talk to.

I just set mine to offline and just initiated a conversation with whoever I wanted to talk to.
Oh you were that guy

Remember those dickheads who would invite everyone on their contact list to a convo and then leave? You'd have the entire yr 7 year level on at the same time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember staying up until 3am every morning before school for about a year with the best looking girl who's ever liked me chatting on my Compaq laptop when I was 14. She lived in Perth and I never ended up meeting her but some of the s**t that came out that girls mouth (or fingers) was bloody insane... jesus.

Robert Drewe wrote vivid stories about girls and sex, Cottesloe Beach and gumtrees in Perth as some kind of quintessential adolescent experience. He was clearly never hit by the heartbreak of a text from a girl like that in summer – saying she'd lost her virginity last night on Rottnest Island and she couldn't remember his name. Profound. From then on, every time her capitalised name came up on MSN I didn't know how to feel – I definitely didn't picture comment her on Myspace, certainly never read her bulletins (maybe the quizzes), but I did still shut off the monitor when my parents walked into my room – much to their anger (it eventually broke, like they said).

The more things change...

I remember sending a risky message and then hitting enter heaps so it couldn't be seen if anyone walked in.

Anyone else have that annoying friend who kept clicking "offline" / "online" really quickly to make the log in notification boxes keep popping up and flooding your screen?

Glad I have added a new angle to this thread!

I actually met my now fiancé through MSN via a mutual friend. He did the old adding me to another convo trick then he bailed straight away leaving us two to chat amongst ourselves.

He takes full credit for us being together and I even think MSN may get a mention in his best mans speech in feb ha ha

Anyone else have that annoying friend who kept clicking "offline" / "online" really quickly to make the log in notification boxes keep popping up and flooding your screen?

Glad I have added a new angle to this thread!

I actually met my now fiancé through MSN via a mutual friend. He did the old adding me to another convo trick then he bailed straight away leaving us two to chat amongst ourselves.

He takes full credit for us being together and I even think MSN may get a mention in his best mans speech in feb ha ha
Good to hear a success story amidst all these tales of teenage heartbreak and woe.
I remember doing the old offline/online thing a couple of times to annoy people and a strategic go offline for a few minutes then back on to try and catch someone's attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back