Axed - Before The Game!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

It was always going to happen once they lost the rights. There's no reason for it being on Channel 10.

This.
Most Saturday nights I completely forgot it was on.
Needs to be the lead into a game, rather than a stand alone show.
Is significantly better than the crap 7 has before their Sat night game.

The show has had Helliar, Lehmo and Hughes, and some of you miss it?

I think we will. Look, guys like Helliar, Hughes and Molloy might be idiots, but they are also genuine club supporters - and the show actively reflects the bantering nature of the support between the clubs supporters. In short, its no high brow humour but its far more representative of the average supporter than you think. Exhibit A -

We cant all be cultural elitists.

I think we will. Look, guys like Helliar, Hughes and Molloy might be idiots, but they are also genuine club supporters - and the show actively reflects the bantering nature of the support between the clubs supporters. In short, its no high brow humour but its far more representative of the average supporter than you think. Exhibit A -

Pretty good summary, it may not be highbrow, but it shits on basically every other attempt at football-related light-entertainment around.

Well then you can be a non-cultural elitist watching this puke of a television show. You dont have to be an elitist to not find Helliar/Molloy/Lehmann funny. They embarrass themselves on the Project and this aswell.

And about that elitist trope. They are on a multi-billion dollar commercial network earning hundreds of thousands. I love the irony of people defending them by throwing the charge of 'elitist' around, when they need to do more research into what the word means.

That elitist charge is thrown about by people who can't defend the indefensible.

Well then you can be a non-cultural elitist watching this puke of a television show. You dont have to be an elitist to not find Helliar/Molloy/Lehmann funny. They embarrass themselves on the Project and this aswell.

Converesely it is entirely possible that people find shows like this to be funny. Theres a reason guys like Hughes have successful standup, radio and tv careers.

And about that elitist trope. They are on a multi-billion dollar commercial network earning hundreds of thousands. That elitist charge is thrown about by people who can't defend the indefensible.

What the hell does the network they are on mean anything? And the elistist charge is thrown about by those who believe there are segments of society who look down on humour that simply doesnt appeal to them, simply because it doesnt appeal to them.

BTW am I culturally elitist if I switched it off after the rape joke?

Theres a reason guys like Hughes have successful standup, radio and tv careers.
There's a very tenuous link between commercial success and quality. Does McDonalds make the best food?

What the hell does the network they are on mean anything? And the elistist charge is thrown about by those who believe there are segments of society who look down on humour that simply doesnt appeal to them, simply because it doesnt appeal to them.
Nah throwing the cultural elitist charge is a typically right wing troll tactic. It's a term stolen from conservative hacks like Bolt and Jones.

But hey if I prefer to watch intelligent comedy and you're happy to watch 'Lehmo' tell rape jokes, then call me culturally elitist as often as you want.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know what, I reckon if it went to 7, BT would be an upgrade on Maher

BT isn't an upgrade on anyone in the football media. Maher might have been a tool, but at least he knew he wasn't funny, whereas BT is a tool who does think he's funny.

Didn't really watch Before the game as it was always on when The AFL Footy Show was on. Sad to see it go though. But I can understand why it's gone. Poor ratings does it to anyone. Even Today Tonight was axed due to lack of audience.

I really liked Before the Game even though I hated every single one of the regular panelists. Fitzy was good though.

Edit: I retract that statement. I like Neroli.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back