Toast Baby talk!

Remove this Banner Ad

So many new bubs around lately. I've lost track of how many of our posters have become parents in the last week or so. What the hell was going on about 9 months ago - did Bucks say something that got them all excited?

There will be plenty of new James, Adams and Aishas joining the Collingwood army - well hopefully, if these sleep deprived parents do the right thing.

I will be adding to the list very soon, by early next week. No, its not me! My daughter is expecting her second child, and my second grandchild. I will be moving temporarily to Sydney to help out.

Wish all you new mums and dads the best with your little darlings. Feel free to keep us posted on how you are all going.

We're 25 weeks at the moment.... Mum is sore and sick and over it..... Dad is trying his best to understand but never will and get's in trouble a lot because of it. It'll all be worth it though :)

Apex36 I have to stop posting when I'm drunk. Forgot about that. Sorry to disappoint but I was being a bit of a dik. I thought I saw in that thread, the announcement of the birth of a child of another poster. But yes, alcohol & posting = you're gonna have a bad time.

But anyway, here is the father son announcement you've been waiting for!:
On Friday morning, the son of poster JasonWilde made his way into the world. Jason Wild played 70 largely uninspiring games for Collingwood in the mid-90s and was a favourite of Collingwood coaching great, Tony Shaw. Oscar Wilde was an Irish literary genius, who spend his later years in jail for homosexuality. Having the literacy skills of Jason Wild and the football skills of Oscar Wilde, Internet poster, JasonWilde has commented he would "love" for his son to "nominate the Pies" under father/son but isn't sure if it would "make a difference" or "fit into Hine's long-term plans".

He can report that mother and child are both doing well.

Apex36 I have to stop posting when I'm drunk. Forgot about that. Sorry to disappoint but I was being a bit of a dik. I thought I saw in that thread, the announcement of the birth of a child of another poster. But yes, alcohol & posting = you're gonna have a bad time.

On Friday morning, the son of poster JasonWilde made his way into the world. Jason Wild played 70 largely uninspiring games for Collingwood in the mid-90s and was a favourite of Collingwood coaching great, Tony Shaw. Oscar Wilde was an Irish literary genius, who spend his later years in jail for homosexuality. Having the literacy skills of Jason Wild and the football skills of Oscar Wilde, Internet poster, JasonWilde has commented he would "love" for his son to "nominate the Pies" under father/son but isn't sure if it would "make a difference" or "fit into Hine's long-term plans".

Big congrats to you and partner mate.... I can also confirm that, with all things going well, there will be a Son of Wicksy nominating for the draft in approximately 18 years.

Nice. You're 26/27 weeks? Good luck. (Oh & Enjoy sleep now)

27 weeks.... Her family have a tendency to pop early though so we might see jnr in 8-10 weeks. Hahaha yeah I will... I feel guilty when I sleep in on the wknd but the mrs keeps reminding me that i'll never get to do it again. :p

Hah, congrats mate, another one to add to the army of babies that has spawned in the last month or so! We'll have a Collingwood Big Footy 22 in 2033 at this rate :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit of bad news today friends.... The wife and i ended up in the ER as she was suffering from severe abdo pains. It turns out she's been diagnosed with pre-eclampsia and won't be leaving the hospital until bub comes.

We are only 27 weeks and bub is only measuring 25 so its going to be very touch and go when he comes. Hopefully he can hold off a few more weeks.

Word for the wise is to never ignore your wife or downplay her pain/anxiety. Go to the ER whenever youre worried..... It's what they're there for.

Cheers,
Wicksy

Bit of bad news today friends.... The wife and i ended up in the ER as she was suffering from severe abdo pains. It turns out she's been diagnosed with pre-eclampsia and won't be leaving the hospital until bub comes.

We are only 27 weeks and bub is only measuring 25 so its going to be very touch and go when he comes. Hopefully he can hold off a few more weeks.

Word for the wise is to never ignore your wife or downplay her pain/anxiety. Go to the ER whenever youre worried..... It's what they're there for.

Cheers,
Wicksy
My thoughts and prayers are with you wicksy. All the best for your wife and bub.
Take care of you too:hearts:

Cheers,
Wicksy
s**t news mate but let's hope all goes well from here on.

It's going to take a lot of mental strength from you (& obviously her) but you're up to it.:thumbsu:

Look after yourself so you can support her. With you & the Docs on board, I feel things will go well.

Best wishes for all 3 of you.:)

Cheers,
Wicksy
Best wishes Wicksy.

Cheers,
Wicksy

All the best Wicksy

Cheers,
Wicksy

Just thinking about being in that situation is hard. All the best Wicksy. At least you're in Australia so you can be confident they are in good hands.

Cheers,
Wicksy
Sorry to hear that mate. Awful, just awful.

Well, first dose of proper parent stress and I'm not technically one yet. Two of my wife's colleagues have been diagnosed with CMV primary infections :thumbsdown: my wife was sick about two weeks ago, we thought it was a cold, maybe it wasn't. I guess we get some tests and find out either way and pretty much just hope for the best, not much else you can do.

Well, first dose of proper parent stress and I'm not technically one yet. Two of my wife's colleagues have been diagnosed with CMV primary infections :thumbsdown: my wife was sick about two weeks ago, we thought it was a cold, maybe it wasn't. I guess we get some tests and find out either way and pretty much just hope for the best, not much else you can do.
All the best helfarch. Hope everything turns out ok

Remove this Banner Ad

Back