Toast Baby talk!

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, first dose of proper parent stress and I'm not technically one yet. Two of my wife's colleagues have been diagnosed with CMV primary infections :thumbsdown: my wife was sick about two weeks ago, we thought it was a cold, maybe it wasn't. I guess we get some tests and find out either way and pretty much just hope for the best, not much else you can do.

All the best mate.... I hope your wife is ok.

Update on Mrs Wicksy....

Still in the Royal Women's..... Monitoring bloods, blood pressure and babies heart rate. Bub is currently cooked 27 weeks and 5 days.... The goal is a minimum of 30.

Bad news in ultrasound 2 days ago was that placenta is being a @#*$ and not feeding bub properly so he's measuring small - adding to the risks.

Got another scan on Friday where we hope he is still growing.... If hes not, then he comes out.

Mrs Wicksy is struggling mentally, going through stages of strength and other stages where she just wants it all to end. She had to be given endone last night due to the fact her liver is starting to fail. This was so hard as all i wanted to do was be by her side but the hospital is extremely strict on their visiting hours.

I don't know how we're going to survive another 3-4 weeks of this but i know that for us to have a healthy baby, we have to manage.

Anyway, i know this sounds like im being a sook.... Guess i just had to vent a little after trying to stay strong for the wifey. Thanks for being my venting medium CFC board.... Love you guys!!

Update on Mrs Wicksy....

Still in the Royal Women's..... Monitoring bloods, blood pressure and babies heart rate. Bub is currently cooked 27 weeks and 5 days.... The goal is a minimum of 30.

Bad news in ultrasound 2 days ago was that placenta is being a @#*$ and not feeding bub properly so he's measuring small - adding to the risks.

Got another scan on Friday where we hope he is still growing.... If hes not, then he comes out.

Mrs Wicksy is struggling mentally, going through stages of strength and other stages where she just wants it all to end. She had to be given endone last night due to the fact her liver is starting to fail. This was so hard as all i wanted to do was be by her side but the hospital is extremely strict on their visiting hours.

I don't know how we're going to survive another 3-4 weeks of this but i know that for us to have a healthy baby, we have to manage.

Anyway, i know this sounds like im being a sook.... Guess i just had to vent a little after trying to stay strong for the wifey. Thanks for being my venting medium CFC board.... Love you guys!!

Vent all you want brother. When your holding the bub for the first time all this will seem just like a little hiccup. Keep strong!

Vent all you want brother. When your holding the bub for the first time all this will seem just like a little hiccup. Keep strong!

Cheers mate.... Just hard to stop feeling like we've somehow let him down.

You're not letting anyone down. It's a tough period. Just need to stay strong, as hard is it might be... Just stay positive and provide as much support for Mrs. Wicksy. We become secondary during this period and sometimes you can put a lot of stress on yourself. we just need to be their for our girls and the they'll do the rest.

Have faith in the docs too, they'll get you through this... If you wanna chat you'll find me here.

Update on Mrs Wicksy....

All I can say is i hope everything goes well.

Keep strong Wicksy & we all hope for the best.:)

Update on Mrs Wicksy....

Be strong, thinking of you all.

a cousin of mine has tried ivf 3 times.. they are that stressed cause they cant get it going.

any alternative methods they can use that are proven? the only thing i have suggested is possibly to combine yoga and other relaxation techniques to relieve the stress of trying too hard.

a cousin of mine has tried ivf 3 times.. they are that stressed cause they cant get it going.

any alternative methods they can use that are proven? the only thing i have suggested is possibly to combine yoga and other relaxation techniques to relieve the stress of trying too hard.

Tell them to stop trying. A mate of mine tried for 2 years. Ivf, alternative medicine, all sorts of stuff. They gave up and decided to go for a holiday. When they got back she was pregnant and has since had another. They both think that when they stopped trying to get pregnant the stress went away and it contributed to them getting result.

Update on Mrs Wicksy....

Thanks for the update Wicksy.
It's tough not being able to be there whenever you want. I imagine it's a bit lonely at home at the moment. But hang in there! We're all thinking of you and your wife and son, and hope all 3 of you get through these next 3 or 4 weeks in the best shape possible.
Take care

All the best helfarch. Hope everything turns out ok

All the best mate.... I hope your wife is ok.

Thanks.

Some tests will be done but you can only figure it out with two tests 6 weeks apart if there was a primary infection. The 20 week scan will likely tell us if there are any issues before the results are confirmed. Then after catching up with the family while wife was working late last night, it was put into stark perspective - my sisters should never have been possible let alone arguably normal :p

There was also that my step-grandfather (christened "Poppy" by yours truly, been in our lives 30 odd years) was a bit saddened when he heard we were having a baby - he doesn't think he's going to last that long :cry:

So I realised bugger all that - I'm having a baby and nothing's going to stop me being a great dad :thumbsu:

Update on Mrs Wicksy....

Thanks heaps all. Mum is in great spirits today which is good..... 2 more weeks would be amazing!!

Thanks for the updates.

My boss' niece was born very early due to preeclampsia (~26/27 weeks), she was very small but caught up quickly and is a healthy little girl now :)

You'll get through together :thumbsu:

Update on Mrs Wicksy....

All the very best Wicksy, sounds like your wife is in good hands. Every extra day counts for the bub.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Little fella couldn't wait any longer and was born today at 3:19pm weighing just 922 grams. He came out crying and breathing by himself with oxygen levels as high as a full termer. Haven't seen Mum yet but she'll be monitored closely in the high dependency ward for the next 48 hours. Thanks to all for the support. I might try and get a photo up soon..... Warning: may include his tackle :p

Little fella couldn't wait any longer and was born today at 3:19pm weighing just 922 grams. He came out crying and breathing by himself with oxygen levels as high as a full termer. Haven't seen Mum yet but she'll be monitored closely in the high dependency ward for the next 48 hours. Thanks to all for the support. I might try and get a photo up soon..... Warning: may include his tackle :p

Congratulations daddy and mummy wicksy. Good weight being so early.

Say bye to sleep and hello parenthood. Hope you and especially mum and baby are doing fantastic. You'll see the world in different light than you did prior to 3.19pm!!!

Sooo happy for you, what a blessing.
Will transfer my good wishes for your wife now.

Congratulations!

Enjoy fatherhood mate.

My sister and niece were both born very early.
Both thriving and staunch Collingwood supporters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back