Backstage Stories/Myths/Legends

Remove this Banner Ad

What are some interesting backstage stories you have read or heard throughout the years in the world of wrestling?

- A story I've I see popping up lately on the internet happened way back before WrestleMania 14. The story goes that HBK was suppose to put Austin over at WM 14 but he refused to do it because he famously said to Vince McMahon that he refuses to put anyone over.

The Undertaker who was already pissed off about the Montreal Screwjob as he was on Bret Hart's side in the fiasco and thought HBK was a prima donna. Anyway one day he was taping up his fists in front of HBK and said to him if you don't put Austin over he was going to beat the s**t out of him.

After his match at WM 14 the Undertaker was in the gorilla position with Vince waiting for HBK if he didn't do what was right for business. HBK was scared shitless and did what was best for business and ultimately the Austin Era began.

- In October 1975, a Cessna 310 plane crashed while transporting a promoter and four wrestlers to a match in North Carolina. One of the wrestlers on board was Tim Woods, also known as Mr. Wrestling (presumably because he spent all his imagination on "Mr.").

Woods suffered a concussion, bruised ribs and a compression fracture in his back. But all he could think about as he lay in the wreckage was "This could lead someone to find out that wrestling is fake!"

You see, another wrestler, his archnemesis and scheduled opponent for the evening, Johnny Valentine, was also on the plane. He suffered a back injury so severe that he was paralyzed for life. But what really matters here is that the crash could mean that people might find out they had been traveling together.

Tim Woods was one of the industry's most popular good guys at the time, while Johnny Valentine was a reviled villain. Good guys can't chum around with bad guys -- that would be like Skeletor pedaling a tandem bike with Prince Adam. So while Woods was being rushed to the hospital after surviving a plane crash that killed one man and paralyzed another, the first thing he did was give a different name and lie about who he was (he pretended he was a promoter instead of a wrestler) so as not to ruin the illusion. And that wasn't all.

You see, despite this, rumors still began to circulate that Mr. Wrestling had in fact been in a plane crash with Johnny Valentine, so Woods did the only logical thing: He wrestled two weeks after the crash and acted like his back wasn't broken. You know, to prove he hadn't been on that plane.

Again, two of the four wrestlers on the plane (including Johnny Valentine) were so badly hurt that they never wrestled again, the pilot was killed and the fourth wrestler (who was actually Ric Flair) didn't do another match for six months. Tim Woods had no business doing what basically equates to stunt work before he had completely recovered from the crash, but damn it, the mythology of Mr. Wrestling had to be protected at all costs.

http://www.cracked.com/article_20029_5-insane-true-tales-wrestlers-refusing-to-break-character.html

- Virgil was signed by WWE after laying his dick on Pat Patterson's desk.
- Rock 'n' Roll Express walked in on Jimmy Valiant laying on the floor wanking underneath a glass table that a hooker is shitting on.
- Rhyno used to wank in the middle of the dressing rooms at Indy Shows
- After performing Oral Sex on a locket room valet, Sabu was asked if it was any good, his reply was, "smell my mustache"
- HBK took 3 hot chicks back to his hotel room, told them to take their clothes off then pissed in their mouths.
- Hall, Nash and HBK took Lawler's crown and took a s**t in it.

PRO WRESTLING = SERIOUS BUSINESS :p

Apparently Yoshi Tatsu beat up Sheamus when they were housemates along with Ted DiBiase Jr.
I love the idea of Sheamus getting beaten up by Yoshi :D

HAHA Taker's awesome. Respect. :thumbsu:
One of Jericho's books mentions that after WWF bought WCW some of the former WCW guys like Jericho were worried about the backstage politics when guys like Hogan, Hall and Nash returned so he brought it up with Undertaker and Taker said that if any of them don't behave themselves he'll take care of it.

that's probably it. Crows_United_FC already posted a few of them

Ah yes, I decided not to post that because half of them are probably flat out lies and are disgusting.

The Strange Kentucky People video.
Here is the story in full- From page 199 of Jerichos book, chapter 27

"I was hanging around between matches at another of our regular towns, Paintsville, Kentucky, when a girl came up to me and gave me a videotape. She stared at the ground while she stuttered and spit out "Chris Jericho, I love you. I made a tape of your matches just for you. It's got all your matches that you ever had in SMW." Then she turned tail and split. I was honoured that she'd put them all on one tape as a present but when I watched the tape, it didn't contain any matches. What it did contain however, was much more entertaining.

The tape featured the girl and her hillbilly mountain family performing for me...and what a show it was. It began with her looking into the camera like a deer in headlights. She resembled Chris Farely dressed as Meatloaf circa 1977 and was wearing a shirt with a rebel flag on it that said "You wear your colors, I'll wear mine." She began her dissertation and said, " I made this tape for you, Chris Jericho (She always called me by my full name). We love you Chris Jericho. You're my favourite rassler, Chris Jericho, and I really love you Chris Jericho." She wiped the snot out of her nose.

Then she became Annie Wilkes from Misery and started speaking gibbersish like, "Well look. Here's a white googleberry. Fleezin Fibble Foo!" She began dancing as the rest of her family came into the frame like Oompa Loompas. They were all smacking each other's butts and doing the most bizarre version of the Electric Slide, while chanting in Unison, "Electric Slide, Electric Slide, Electric Slide" Like some kind of disco cult. Then a kid who I'm guessing was her brother or husband-or both- explained how much he like watching rasslin', then farted twice. Then his mother or wife-or both-who literally had NO teeth, patted him on the butt and commented on his fragrance. There was a bed in the middle of the living room and on the wall behind it were two pictures : One of Jesus and one of Ricky and Robert. Both photos were at the exact same level, which I'm sure was a huge honour for the Savior.

Farleyloaf wandered back in a gave a shout-out to Lance. "I like you too, Lance! Here's a wheelbarra", and then she started to push around a child's toy wheelbarrow while performing a massive booty shake. The camera panned to her left, only to find the fartster walking like a crab for no apparent reason. Then the camera panned into the yard where there was a battalion of rusted old vehicles, each housing a sad--eyed dog. In the background trying his hardest to stay out of camera range but failing miserabley was an old American Gothic-looking farmer who I'm assuming was responsible for the whole mess. T The camera spun back around, passing the Amazing Crab Boy tm and settling on a lady with a worse Lloyd Christmas Dumb and Dumber haircut than Jim Carrey. She stayed in the shot long enough to say, "I love the Thrillseekers. I want to have two kids called Chris and Lance and have a dog called Storm" It was much creepier than it sounds, beleive me.

These people were either the greates actors of our generation or complete lunatics and I don't think they were thespians. Nor do I think they knew what thespian means. I still don't know why she gave me the tape. Did she think I'd watch it and become so enamored of her family that I'd come over for farts and crabwalks? If I wanted to impress Jessica Simpson, I sure as hell wouldn't give her a tape of me picking my nose and doing the Electric Slide. But then again maybe it's just crazy enough to work.....

Somehow the video got around and became a cult classic on the tape trading circuit under the name "Strange Kentucky People" Look for it wherever fine hillbilly videos are sold, and if you act now, you get a free Rock n' Roll Express/Son of God portrait package! I was also semiresponsible for another tape-trading classic known as "Jim Cornette vs. The Drive Thru."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was going to mention this doozie in the WrestleMania XXX thread after the dirt sheets chat - one of the bizarre one's i read while catching up on the things i missed when i rejoined the wrestling craze in the late 90's (reading up on the Montreal screw job).

In a nutshell it said: Owen Hart's botched reverse piledriver on Steve Austin at Summer Slam '97 was intended to be a "fake" botch as the WWF were planning on a safety campaign.

I was going to mention this doozie in the WrestleMania XXX thread after the dirt sheets chat - one of the bizarre one's i read while catching up on the things i missed when i rejoined the wrestling craze in the late 90's (reading up on the Montreal screw job).

In a nutshell it said: Owen Hart's botched reverse piledriver on Steve Austin at Summer Slam '97 was intended to be a "fake" botch as the WWF were planning on a safety campaign.

Hmm that's interesting. Obviously they ****ed that up!

I've also read that the MSG incident was done with Vince's permission because he wanted kayfabe to be broken.

- Jerry Lawler has a foot fetish.
- Andre the Giant once called Kamala a 'fellow' in which Kamala responded by pointing a gun to his head. Andre was nice to Kamala after that.
- Taker v Cena was originally planned for WM 26.
- Zach Gowen had his leg stolen at every WWE show.
- Macho Man ******* Stephanie
- Mike Knox ****ed Melina
- Batista ****ed Melina
- Lita did a lot of 'Sexual favors' back in ECW in exchange for wrestling training

Ripper thread

Xpac took a s**t in Sable's hand bag on her last night in her first stint she was hated backstage

Kelly Kelly and Y2J had an affair she rooted a fair few wrestlers

Y2J and Mickey Rourke were going to have a match until he got heat from people who were involved with the Oscars

Matt Hardy and Edge had real life heat as Lita cheated on him with Edge

Goldberg streak was going to continue until Nash joined creative he then lost the title within a month

Macho Man was obsessed with Ms Elizabeth locking her in there home when he left the house not allowing her to look at any other men

Triple H refused to put over Booker at WM19 as he said he wasn't ready for the title

Now I remember reading years ago it was thought that Trish Stratus might have had a fling with VKM to get her way to the top

I read somewhere that Joey Styles knocked JBL out backstage a few years back after he was sick of JBL hanging s**t on him all the time.

Back when they had the Brawl for All, the only fight in which Bart Gunn was told to pull his punches was in his match against JBL. Didn't matter though - he still knocked JBL out in the first round.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back