Bad Beat/Vent/Brag thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Cathay Pacific

Horrendous lack of communication. But as one guy said on their FB page after they responded with a typical "safety is our priority" response, he said that a big airline should also have the maintenance measures in place to catch issues before they become too big.

Apparently they need to fly a part in from HK that "may" fix the issue.... i could've sworn we had engineers, maintenance and A330 aircraft in Australia.....But they need to get it from HK?

Devo

love the enthusiasm!

we have a 1k diff in the 215 so ill just leave that, but happy to do for the 55

what $ you thinking? will go anywhere from 0-100

I don't think they're trying to put a bad beat on anyone, i reckon they just don't think about what other players could be holding

No one WANTS to get their chips in bad..... you only ever shove when you think you're ahead

Fish do by calling all ins with A6 in the hope to donk the win. A bad beat by any other name IMO.
QQ going all in a bad beat? Doubtful in that player probably thought they had best hand & very rarely is QQ folded pre. Lots of variables as to why KJ would be all in against KK or the snowmen against your Ts. It happens & not all front runners win but the good part of it is that your getting it in with the best of it & if you continue to do that you will always be in front at the end more often than not.

I'd rather be bad beat then coolered
because snap calling someone with a good hand & someone shows the absolute nuts
you feel a little silly, I've done that with quad 6s when someone else had quad 10s on 10-10-6-2-6

Quad 6s is a monster & unless you have the greatest read on your opponent to have quad Ts, you are never folding them. No shame in that nor any reason to feel silly. That's poker.

Quad 6s is a monster & unless you have the greatest read on your opponent to have quad Ts, you are never folding them. No shame in that nor any reason to feel silly. That's poker.
yeah, when they call instantly, that sick feeling in your stomach that maybe you're beat worries me :eek:

the best win that I remember having was with A-3 of spades

playing $2/$4 I raised on the button and got called by the BB
the flop came down 4s-9s-5d, ended up getting it all in with the flush & straight draw
turn was Qh, river 9d
I turned over my A-3 of spades feeling flat, my opponent flips over K-J of spades
:eek:

yeah, when they call instantly, that sick feeling in your stomach that maybe you're beat worries me :eek:

the best win that I remember having was with A-3 of spades

playing $2/$4 I raised on the button and got called by the BB
the flop came down 4s-9s-5d, ended up getting it all in with the flush & straight draw
turn was Qh, river 9d
I turned over my A-3 of spades feeling flat, my opponent flips over K-J of spades
:eek:

Nice win against opponents 9 outs by the turn & it seems like a poor call to make with KJ, though I don't know all the info as to why the call was made.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice win against opponents 9 outs by the turn & it seems like a poor call to make with KJ, though I don't know all the info as to why the call was made.
it wouldn't have been bad if they made a play at it on the turn, but they check raised me on the flop pretty large
and I expected to be re-raised by any pocket pairs prior to the flop because my opening range had been quite wide to that point
they possibly put me on something like A-9 or an overpair to the flop
never did I expect to win with a high card, once the river hit
because I was snap called when I jammed, probably made a decision before the flop that if he hit anything
he'd be going with it and didn't think about my possible holdings

it wouldn't have been bad if they made a play at it on the turn, but they check raised me on the flop pretty large
and I expected to be re-raised by any pocket pairs prior to the flop because my opening range had been quite wide to that point
they possibly put me on something like A-9 or an overpair to the flop
never did I expect to win with a high card, once the river hit
because I was snap called when I jammed, probably made a decision before the flop that if he hit anything
he'd be going with it and didn't think about my possible holdings

Possible that he is one of those 'flusho' types that just can't fold suited cards even if ther have to get runner, runner after the flop. Those & the straight chasers I like a lot but my favs are the Ace lovin Ax rag holders.

Possible that he is one of those 'flusho' types that just can't fold suited cards even if ther have to get runner, runner after the flop. Those & the straight chasers I like a lot but my favs are the Ace lovin Ax rag holders.
I got called with a double paired board when I jammed on the river with King-10, flopped K-10-10 turn was a Q river was a K
and I was called with a straight AJ o_O I was expecting to split the pot when I got called and cursing my rotten luck :p

One of my pet hates playing is that I'm the aggressor in betting only to be called after I've got it in with the best of it, only for it to be a split pot. I hate giving away what he thinks is my betting patterns. ;) I always make a mental note of it so I make changes if the same situation arises again. Always trying to shake off those pesky tells.

With your KT I would never be worried. Oh maybe a little of the KQ or straight flush if the board was that way. But always happy to push with a FH. So you put him on KT too & did you bet the flop or just a little check to let him catch up?

One of my pet hates playing is that I'm the aggressor in betting only to be called after I've got it in with the best of it, only for it to be a split pot. I hate giving away what he thinks is my betting patterns. ;) I always make a mental note of it so I make changes if the same situation arises again. Always trying to shake off those pesky tells.

With your KT I would never be worried. Oh maybe a little of the KQ or straight flush if the board was that way. But always happy to push with a FH. So you put him on KT too & did you bet the flop or just a little check to let him catch up?
I believe I put a bet out on the flop, turn & jammed the river
got called in two spots on the flop when I bet, then bet the turn and got one fold and the one call
and on the river, he had $30 or so left behind and I just put him all in and he called pretty quickly
so I put him on a K and he confidently turned over his straight before I could turn over my hand and everyone else at the table was confused

Sounds like he wanted that straight alright & was going in when he got it. Silly boy ignored the paired board. Nice chatting I'll be back to these parts another time.

Tried to trow some virtual chips at him but it didnt work

PokerStars Hand #129312692756: Tournament #1096714024, $150+$150+$20 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level XIII (200/400) - 2015/01/26 5:40:42 AEST [2015/01/25 13:40:42 ET]
Table '1096714024 261' 9-max Seat #8 is the button
Seat 1: FullOfBears (6410 in chips)
Seat 2: tinafaito (4100 in chips)
Seat 3: paolos66 (10463 in chips)
Seat 4: alpheusc (4781 in chips)
Seat 5: johnduhamel (3740 in chips)
Seat 6: JayC170 (34692 in chips)
Seat 7: SupaFlyGreek (10292 in chips)
Seat 8: thehushpuppy (9728 in chips)
Seat 9: SFisch4 (13321 in chips)
FullOfBears: posts the ante 50
tinafaito: posts the ante 50
paolos66: posts the ante 50
alpheusc: posts the ante 50
johnduhamel: posts the ante 50
JayC170: posts the ante 50
SupaFlyGreek: posts the ante 50
thehushpuppy: posts the ante 50
SFisch4: posts the ante 50
SFisch4: posts small blind 200
FullOfBears: posts big blind 400
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to FullOfBears [Kc Ks]
tinafaito: folds
paolos66: folds
alpheusc: folds
johnduhamel: folds
JayC170: raises 400 to 800
SupaFlyGreek: calls 800
thehushpuppy: folds
SFisch4: folds
FullOfBears: raises 5560 to 6360 and is all-in
JayC170: raises 28282 to 34642 and is all-in
SupaFlyGreek: calls 9442 and is all-in
Uncalled bet (24400) returned to JayC170
*** FLOP *** [8s 7d 8d]
*** TURN *** [Js]
*** RIVER *** [4h]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
JayC170: shows [Ah Jh] (two pair, Jacks and Eights)
SupaFlyGreek: shows [Ac As] (two pair, Aces and Eights)
SupaFlyGreek collected 7764 from side pot
FullOfBears: shows [Kc Ks] (two pair, Kings and Eights)
SupaFlyGreek collected 19730 from main pot
SupaFlyGreek wins $75 for eliminating FullOfBears and their own bounty increases by $75 to $300
FullOfBears finished the tournament in 2513th place

Unlucky

Had this in a satty. 5 got a TCOOP ticket, 6th got $76. Just needed to avoid a 4 or a 6 (of which i had 1)

PokerStars Hand #129318144540: Tournament #1119912068, $1.00+$0.10 USD Omaha Pot Limit - Level XXII (3750/7500) - 2015/01/25 14:52:56 ET
Table '1119912068 15' 6-max Seat #1 is the button
Seat 1: Evolved23 (58042 in chips)
Seat 2: PEMOKRY (42206 in chips)
Seat 5: mgc0809 (137404 in chips)
Seat 6: JGborgheri (55950 in chips)
PEMOKRY: posts small blind 3750
mgc0809: posts big blind 7500
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Evolved23 [2d Js 6s Jh]
JGborgheri: folds
Evolved23: raises 7500 to 15000
PEMOKRY: raises 27206 to 42206 and is all-in
mgc0809: folds
Evolved23: calls 27206
*** FLOP *** [As 5s 7h]
*** TURN *** [As 5s 7h] [3c]
*** RIVER *** [As 5s 7h 3c] [4h]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
PEMOKRY: shows [8s 6h Ts 6c] (a straight, Four to Eight)
Evolved23: shows [2d Js 6s Jh] (a straight, Deuce to Six)
PEMOKRY collected 91912 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 91912 | Rake 0
Board [As 5s 7h 3c 4h]
Seat 1: Evolved23 (button) showed [2d Js 6s Jh] and lost with a straight, Deuce to Six
Seat 2: PEMOKRY (small blind) showed [8s 6h Ts 6c] and won (91912) with a straight, Four to Eight
Seat 5: mgc0809 (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 6: JGborgheri folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Not sure i should've raised there..... was a weird dynamic as the chip leader had 600K in chips and 2nd had 140K.... maybe a fold would've been better pre flop?

Cathay Pacific

Horrendous lack of communication. But as one guy said on their FB page after they responded with a typical "safety is our priority" response, he said that a big airline should also have the maintenance measures in place to catch issues before they become too big.

Apparently they need to fly a part in from HK that "may" fix the issue.... i could've sworn we had engineers, maintenance and A330 aircraft in Australia.....But they need to get it from HK?

Devo

how did this end up?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back