Discussion Bad Graphic Design

Remove this Banner Ad

You should see if you can get an internship or something. Help this station out with some Graphic design.
Perhaps I can. Would be pretty good. I shall message them. Codym2723 I'm doing it! :D
Yeah, they're playing old songs now. No room for new up and coming talent (except on the Modern Rock digital radio channel)

3279025_1_O.jpg

Guess those inter-club emails take awhile to get over to the west....

While not bad graphic design, just poor thought....from the Dockers FB page over the weekend.

11072769_10153019818104317_579869128207917897_n.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guess those inter-club emails take awhile to get over to the west....

While not bad graphic design, just poor thought....from the Dockers FB page over the weekend.

11072769_10153019818104317_579869128207917897_n.jpg
The Herald Sun's clearly off the mailing list as well. Every time the teams are published, or on the Super Ladder, the old logo's intact.

Even afl.com.au itself has the old Carlton logo on its front page. Or is that the old new one? And we've now got the older new one.

They are both one and the same.

It's just that back when playere were running around in the woolies, the same exact monogram as was shown on the logo was not able to be placed on wool jumpers at the time, so you had "classic" monogram which actually were different sizes/shapes when you looked at them from player to player.

then in the late 90s, they brought in the synthetic stuff and so the logo/modern monogram could now be used

this year, they've gone back to the "classic" look to be retro

They are both one and the same.

It's just that back when playere were running around in the woolies, the same exact monogram as was shown on the logo was not able to be placed on wool jumpers at the time, so you had "classic" monogram which actually were different sizes/shapes when you looked at them from player to player. then in the late 90s, they brought in the synthetic stuff and so the logo/modern monogram could now be used
this year, they've gone back to the "classic" look to be retro
The club logo was modernised in the 90s to make it look more corporate. They decided it was a bit bland, and changed it back for the 150th year.

They changed the guernsey as well because it would naturally lead to greater on-field success. I have it on good authority that we're going with brown and gold stripes next year.... carlton logos.jpg

Another thing that irritates me is when names have la, le, da, de, du and do at the beginning and they use a capital letter.

When it's named after a surname, isn't it supposed to be the same capitalisation as the surname? For example, Charles La Trobe's name is written with a capital L, and if I had to guess I'd say that's where the name of the company comes from.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back