Bad Neighbours - Tonights story

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm glad people are saying no. That's what I was thinking but wanted to make sure I wasn't being a prick.

Update on the phone story.

- No sign of the cops, nothing re. the neighbour being brought to justice.
- Australia Post whose basically was most at fault refuses to cough up any $$ to replace the phone.
- Flatmate is sending a stat dec to Vodafone and they will replace the phone apparently.
- Mum is throwing a birthday party for her son today, wonder if one of his present's was a brand new phone.

Bad neighbours.
Just gone back a few pages to get the story.
What an absolute joke Australia Post is. Your Neighbour pretty pathetic.Think it's time to go plan B. Send a parcel full of dog s**t to your neighbours address. That way Aus Post has to deal with it in the delivery process to your neighbour.

Just gone back a few pages to get the story.
What an absolute joke Australia Post is. Your Neighbour pretty pathetic.Think it's time to go plan B. Send a parcel full of dog s**t to your neighbours address. That way Aus Post has to deal with it in the delivery process to your neighbour.

Yeah I know, simple request to see ID and this all would have been avoided. But she is a good "talker" she probably spun some s**t about not having ID and talked her way around it. She's at the counter for a significant period of time or some s**t.

Anyway, I know you're joking, but not going to stoop to her level. Just good old fashioned general hostility and coldness if we ever see her in the driveway/street.

I'm glad people are saying no. That's what I was thinking but wanted to make sure I wasn't being a prick.
We got a new fence last year, it was our neighbours idea. They consulted us before hand and we agreed to pay half. Our old fence was on its last legs and needed replacing.

Anyway, we live on a corner block, and previously our front yards were only separated by some rocks (as in, you could simply step over them and go from yard to yard). Oh neighbour said she wanted the fence to extend there for an extra $500. My mum agreed to pay it, but if I were in that position I would have said no cos it's not something we wanted.

I'm currently renovating my house and I'm saving every cent to do it . A new fence was last on my list of priorities.

On another note not really a bad neighbour but an annoying one. A few weeks ago my neighbour came to me and said, "I've arranged for a new fence to be built between our two places. The guy's starting tomorrow. If you could give me half that would be great". I was a bit perplexed as there was nothing wrong with the fence. The next day the fence guy came and put up a new fence around his whole yard so it was obvious that he just wanted a new fence around his property. He came the next day and gave me the quote for the section between our two yards. I'm a bit annoyed that he just told me and didn't ask me and just expects me to fork up and that I was given no say on the kind of fence or who did it. Should I pay up?
No way should you pay up. He can't just go ahead and do something without your approval. What a rude inconsiderate prick.

We actually were getting along really well before this so I was contemplating paying it just to keep the peace.

'm a bit annoyed that he just told me and didn't ask me and just expects me to fork up and that I was given no say on the kind of fence or who did it. Should I pay up?
You just sat on your arse and did nothing while he went to all that trouble to increase the value of your property? Now you want to get out of your financial responsibility?

Do you think life is a free ride or something?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We actually were getting along really well before this so I was contemplating paying it just to keep the peace.
You just sat on your arse and did nothing while he went to all that trouble to increase the value of your property? Now you want to get out of your financial responsibility?

Little graham is raskolnikov neighbour possibly.????

Not sure if srs.

1) There was nothing wrong with the fence
2) He wasn't given a copy of the quote before work started. Technically he should have been provided with 3
3) no approval was given before work started or acceptance that 50% would be paid. Also if the material used for the fence was above the minimum requirement he he is only obliged to pay 50% of that cost not of the actual cost
4) The neighbour obviously had the quote for some time if work was already scheduled in so it's downright rude to only inform anyone the day before work starts
5) some councils require a building permit for fences that can also require written permission from adjoining owners if it's necessary to access their property for building work. Obviously this would occur for a fence being replaced

raskolnikov 's neighbour did everything wrong if he wanted to make sure he got reimbursed even a cent. He is under no obligation whatsoever to pay anything other than what he decides to.

It'd be worth talking to the other neighbours to see what their intentions are

On another note not really a bad neighbour but an annoying one. A few weeks ago my neighbour came to me and said, "I've arranged for a new fence to be built between our two places. The guy's starting tomorrow. If you could give me half that would be great". I was a bit perplexed as there was nothing wrong with the fence. The next day the fence guy came and put up a new fence around his whole yard so it was obvious that he just wanted a new fence around his property. He came the next day and gave me the quote for the section between our two yards. I'm a bit annoyed that he just told me and didn't ask me and just expects me to fork up and that I was given no say on the kind of fence or who did it. Should I pay up?

Nope, we had our bearable but bogan neighbours attempt to make a new fence last year (at the time was only 4 ft high) using rusty old sheets of iron, and then demand some money. I made some legal documents up and made an offer to have a new fence put up, paid for entirely by me, and basically bullied them in to it (hey, we both got a good looking and well built fence out of it) using these documents. There's a lot of s**t going on and in no way can he claim any dough from you if you don't agree and he hasn't attempted mediation PRIOR to the fence being constructed.

http://www.lawaccess.nsw.gov.au/Pag...s_fences/lawassist_fencingnotices_fences.aspx

I teach at the local high school, live nearby in a VERY small town. Can think of at least 5 families in the street who have kids at the school. Not 100% ideal, but also not so bad. Means I can't have huge parties for fear of every student at school knowing about it, but there's always someone to keep an eye on the place while I'm away.

I wouldn't pay, what a w***er. You didn't agree to it so * him.

Guy can't decide he wants a nicer looking fence, pick the design and colour, give you one day's notice it's going up and expect you to pay for half of it. He's an arsehole don't pay him anything.

They already had a fence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back