Official Team Thread Baghdad Bombers - Season 16 Team Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

UIcib.jpg
Revenge of the Green Pineapple

Welcome to the Official Season 16 Baghdad Bombers team thread. Firstly, welcome to our new recruits, we will make you all feel welcome. Congratulations to Gee Dub for being bestowed the vice-captaincy for Season 16. If I go AWOL, it's because Gee Dub has killed me.

Below is a list of our current squad, with a little note next to the people who are currently active contributors.

beez - #1 (84 games) Captain, not the best Qootyer, but generally fulfils any tagging roles needed.
Gee Dub - #69 (54 games) Vice captain, continually gets screwed out of a B&F award, leave money in his locker if you want to be included in his Power Rankings.
ThePuppetMaster - #4 (39 games) Reigning Bombers' Best and Fairest, probably the most underrated poster in the competition, absolutely dominates match threads.
saintkildaman - #10 (58 games) He's the little s**t that everyone loves, gets into mischief quite a bit but is a master on the Qooty field. He's yet to get that elusive Premiership.
okeydoke7 - #7 (86 games) Made a return to the Sweet FA last season and everyone took note. King of the media threads, but still hasn't learnt to kick straight.
loopy_cam - #8 (153 games) Former captain of the Bombers, 2 time Premiership player, will be inducted into the Sweet FA HOF soon enough. If you see him wandering the halls you have to bow down to him
Bipolarbear - #9 (42 games) Don't get on his dark side, he'll steal all your beer, then give you a hug.
Don Draper - #13 (196 games) 3-time Premiership player, doesn't say much, but when he does we all listen.
dougthelegend - (199 games) 2-time Premiership player, made a return to the Bombers last season, listen whenever he speaks.
eth-dog - #33 (40 games) - Returns to the fray after he finally found his lost hand grenade. Watch out for this guy, he knows his stuff.
mantis (161 games) - 2-time Premiership player, heeded the call to return to this great club. Likes to be a bitch on the field.
Farrand (109 games)
sausageroll - #38 (181 games)
Bomber Bears (71 games)
hepp hepp hooray - #19 (39 games)
The Doctor 23 - #47 (37 games)
doggiesin08 - #5 (150 games)
L_W_P - #21 (41 games)
ant555 - #11 (222 games)
High Ryder - #3 (99 games)
Juggalo Balla - #2 (68 games)

Newbies
DeeWong6996 - #23
Fitzey - #12
dales.girl38 - #16
I bleed Blue - #20
Striker475 - #35
Bengwatkins - #36
WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Big Moose - #6

If you newbies (and others who don't have one or want another one) want to choose a number and your 3 preferred positions that would be fantastic.

Our Season 16 motto is Revenge of the Green Pineapple. What is Green Pineapple you ask? I don't know, ask loopy_cam.

Ill claim #36!

Postion wise, although I was Forward Pocket for the first 3 SoO games, I was FF for game 4 and 5 and kicked 10 goals and 5 goals respectively, so:

1. Full Forward
2. Forward Pocket(Right pref)
3. Half Forward(Again, Right pref)

All hail to beez :p

Proud to celebrate my 100th game with this great club. Looking forward to the games kicking off. We have found a star in Bengwatkins, who will push me for the FF spot. Keep me on my toes mate. Once the games get underway I expect to see a lot more of the newbies and I feel confident that they will get involved in what is a great competition.

Proud to celebrate my 100th game with this great club. Looking forward to the games kicking off. We have found a star in Bengwatkins, who will push me for the FF spot. Keep me on my toes mate. Once the games get underway I expect to see a lot more of the newbies and I feel confident that they will get involved in what is a great competition.

Im happy to hold your hand from the forward pocket ;)

Put me down for ruck rover or something beez.

I'd also like to take this time to announce that we are having a training camp starting tomorrow. It will involve lots of running to and from various liquor shops and carrying heavy loads of alcohol to myself and beez at the ground. saintkildaman you're in luck because you get to fan me in my deck chair since you can''t go into the bottle shop. Make sure you use your non-fapping arm though because we don't want any muscular imbalances going on.

I'd also like to take this time to announce that we are having a training camp starting tomorrow. It will involve lots of running to and from various liquor shops and carrying heavy loads of alcohol to myself and beez at the ground.
You've obviously forgotten clause 14C section 3 of my Baghdad contract:

Okeydoke7 will not be forced to participate in any A) training sessions B) training camps C) team bonding D) team meetings E) Team leadership discussions F) physical testing.

My player agent has prepared this statement to pass on to you as a response: "In order to uphold a clause in Okeydoke7's contract, his welfare must be adhered to. Okeydoke7 will participate in the training camp given 3 provisions: 1) He will not run to and from liquor stores 2) He will not carry heavy loads of alcohol 3) He will not deliver alcohol to Beez and Gee Dub. Mr. Doke7 will be more flexible for future sessions if the following 2 provisions are met during this training camp: 1) Liquor will be delivered to Okeydoke7 while catching up on Season 7 of Entourage and 2) Okeydoke7 is granted diplomatic immunity."

Thank you for your understanding. I hope to see you at the camp.

I'm down lads, HFF is probably my favourite, willing to push into the midfield and be a goal kicking mid also. I played CHF at the end of last season and played well though also.

#9 please! :hearts:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So I read that theres a Pre-Season competition starting in a bit over a week?

Could be a good chance to test us newbies out im guessing?
You newbs can have some midfield spots, we played everyone out of position last pre-season and still won the title, that's how good we are :footy:

Why is there nobody at the camp? Me and beez are getting hot and thirsty ;)
I've decided to stay in the liquor store and drink the booze myself

Likewise.

Shots anyone? We dont know what the shots are, its just whatever we find on the shelf!
Let me look at them, I could probably identify them on sight

I've decided to stay in the liquor store and drink the booze myself

You can expect to be sanctioned for your actions. The possible punishments decided by myself and bees are:

a) Watch the entire Twilight series then give the team a report on your findings about vampires.
b) Become the team's designated driver for the remainder of the pre season
c) Take care of @ThePuppetMaster's grandmother for a week. Duties include giving her sponge baths twice a day, cutting her toenails, trimming her moustache and dressing her.

I propose a team vote on the matter.

You can expect to be sanctioned for your actions. The possible punishments decided by myself and bees are:

a) Watch the entire Twilight series then give the team a report on your findings about vampires.
b) Become the team's designated driver for the remainder of the pre season
c) Take care of @ThePuppetMaster's grandmother for a week. Duties include giving her sponge baths twice a day, cutting her toenails, trimming her moustache and dressing her.

I propose a team vote on the matter.
I propose I buy some more beer and give you it, but keep the stuff I've ingested and the bottle of vodka I've half-drunk.

a) been forced to do that
b) but... NO BOOZE
c) meh, I've done worse

Remove this Banner Ad

Back