Delisted Bailey Rice

Remove this Banner Ad

Dean is very happy. Bailey is excited.

Anyway, I'm impressed with the Saints recruiting in that they go after footballers first and any special athletic prowess is a bonus. Great to see Bailey's good mate Whitey get drafted as well. Both boys are in for a rude shock taking the next step into professional sport. At least they will keep one another company at the back of the endurance pack until they build their tanks. Rest assured, they will become good AFL players if they can take that big step to professionalism.

So, I'm back being a Saints supporter again. I'll have to practice my marching steps to be ready for when they come marching in again.

Congrats to Bailey and the other 2 boys. It will be exciting to watch all the young sainters develop over the next few seasons.
Welcome back! Good luck to Bailey.

Must admit, I don't follow the U 18's but glad to have him. Obviously the club spent a fair bit of time and wouldn't draft him for the sake of tokenism.

Where would his true value lie in the draft? Top 30?

I dont think people realize how big a thing it was him to actually select us.

He had the chance to be selected by the club he supports, something 60 odd other AFL players this year would have killed for, but chose us.

Much better chance of getting into the starting 22 at Carlton as well.

I'm ecstatic about our ability to attract Rice to the club, and I am stoked to have another educated kick in the club. If Bailey joining the Saints means we get to see Dean with a Saints scarf on again...that will be just fine thank you.

Dean is very happy. Bailey is excited.

Anyway, I'm impressed with the Saints recruiting in that they go after footballers first and any special athletic prowess is a bonus. Great to see Bailey's good mate Whitey get drafted as well. Both boys are in for a rude shock taking the next step into professional sport. At least they will keep one another company at the back of the endurance pack until they build their tanks. Rest assured, they will become good AFL players if they can take that big step to professionalism.

So, I'm back being a Saints supporter again. I'll have to practice my marching steps to be ready for when they come marching in again.

Congrats to Bailey and the other 2 boys. It will be exciting to watch all the young sainters develop over the next few seasons.
Dean, where do you see Bailey playing in the future? Do you think he'll mostly be a small defender or do you see him going into the midfield at some time. Seems like a tough bugger and has great skills.

Also, do you think he's a chance to play much senior footy this year?

Dean, where do you see Bailey playing in the future? Do you think he'll mostly be a small defender or do you see him going into the midfield at some time. Seems like a tough bugger and has great skills.

Also, do you think he's a chance to play much senior footy this year?

I'm not Dean. I do know him and his family closely though. I also had a close tie to the Saints prior to Dean leaving for the Blues. Oh, the stories I could tell, but they would not help anybody to be told so they remain a closed book. So nobody need ask.

Bailey is talented and strong enough to play seniors next year IMHO. It will depend on his development over summer training, match fitness gained in pre-season and practice matches, and ultimately whether Richo has enough faith in the boy.

Dean's career was set up in the early days due to the faith Baldock put in him. Kids need to gain confidence to show their best and I've observed over the years that gaining confidence correlates closely with the amount of faith the coaching staff show in the kid. Especially the senior coach.

At the elite level it is amazing how much a player's form is based on 'above the shoulders' rather than in the rest of their body. Confidence is vital and can explain the difference between good and bad form.

I'm not Dean. I do know him and his family closely though. I also had a close tie to the Saints prior to Dean leaving for the Blues. Oh, the stories I could tell, but they would not help anybody to be told so they remain a closed book. So nobody need ask.

Bailey is talented and strong enough to play seniors next year IMHO. It will depend on his development over summer training, match fitness gained in pre-season and practice matches, and ultimately whether Richo has enough faith in the boy.

Dean's career was set up in the early days due to the faith Baldock put in him. Kids need to gain confidence to show their best and I've observed over the years that gaining confidence correlates closely with the amount of faith the coaching staff show in the kid. Especially the senior coach.

At the elite level it is amazing how much a player's form is based on 'above the shoulders' rather than in the rest of their body. Confidence is vital and can explain the difference between good and bad form.
Appreciate your insight, hope to hear more through Baileys career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't wait for him to get his fitness up and work into the best 22 but can u have a gentle word to him about the stache

Dean's posting history is most interesting. ;) Tell us more on why he chose St Kilda

Served with a wooden spoon

mship-fc-161109-246-1.jpg

6982647-close-up-of-white-rice-cereal-and-wooden-spoon-on-white-background--Stock-Photo.jpg

He is looking really solid and strong for someone who is under 18 definetly most develoed and lookes like he could play right away.
Yeah he has a lot going for him. Appears that he wasn't higher up boards purely for not dominating. But he doesn't need to do that as a lock down med defender.

Welcome to the Saints Bailey. If you are half as good as your old man then we've got something special.

Loved Dean as a player, obviously at the Saints but even as a Blue. Geez he was a tough player. Never shirked a contest. I seem to remember he went hard at a 40-60 contest at Geelong, won it and we got a goal and went on for a rare win at Kardinia Park.

Very happy to welcome my new boy to the fold. How good is it to rub it in the nose of a big club and have someone select us as a destination.

Great mo too Bailey, don't lose it!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back