Ballarat FL 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
a supporter of Doutta Stars we have been lucky enough to sign 4 boys from sunbury! cheep,clarke.sleight& lobb, anyone give me a rundown on these 4? cheers
Cheep is a classy midfielder but will get his head punched in if he tries to do what he he in bfl with the little cheap shots
clarke can play anywhere but is soft as butter with his injuries can win a game of his own boot
sleight hard strong on baller who is hard to match up on when he goes fwd strong mark
lobb id keep him fwd as one of the best front and square players going around accurate kick for goal

Cheep is a classy midfielder but will get his head punched in if he tries to do what he he in bfl with the little cheap shots
clarke can play anywhere but is soft as butter with his injuries can win a game of his own boot
sleight hard strong on baller who is hard to match up on when he goes fwd strong mark
lobb id keep him fwd as one of the best front and square players going around accurate kick for goal

spot on with description of 4, don't know how cheep gets by with what he does in BFL. Sleight is very physical also but backs it up, Lobb great forward but also first class onballer with use of ball up ground and Clarke always looks great, killed it in 2012 GF but didn't give much 2013. Interesting how they will go in completely different league with extra pressure on them

Not a huge fan of Sunbury by any stretch but I think you're being a bit rough to both Clarke and Cheep,
in any event, if Cheep didn't get his head punched in in the BFL, I doubt he will in the EDFL either.

North Ballarat City will dominate every year just like they used to. The decision of North Ballarat not to field a Reserves/Development side in the VFL will ensure they will never get beaten.

Did read and see on the local news here that Sunbury's star players were going to play for the EDFL. Whether that's all true or just a rumour that's what I'm not sure about.
It's 100% true Cheep,Clarke,Sleight and J.lobb signed with Doutta Stars in the edfl hearing it could get a lot worse for Sunbury with the rumour of up to 15 senior players have now either left the club or not playing next year

North Ballarat City will dominate every year just like they used to. The decision of North Ballarat not to field a Reserves/Development side in the VFL will ensure they will never get beaten.
There's a cap on the amount of players moving from the Roosters down to City in any given year.

Any other players out there that have left?
Word on the street is both Darren habey and jesse McLellan have parted ways with Melton for better coin in WRFL???

Strange that in the paper Horwood made out that the players leaving were doing so for financial reasons. I have spoken to most of them and they are all singing a different tune. Some of them will be taking pay cuts at their new clubs.

Player feedback and a lack of hard work pretty consistent themes. Lack of structure and game plans worked on too. Felt they were out coached by North City.

Got nothing to do with Sunbury but that's what the players that have left are saying.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Strange that in the paper Horwood made out that the players leaving were doing so for financial reasons. I have spoken to most of them and they are all singing a different tune. Some of them will be taking pay cuts at their new clubs.

Player feedback and a lack of hard work pretty consistent themes. Lack of structure and game plans worked on too. Felt they were out coached by North City.

Got nothing to do with Sunbury but that's what the players that have left are saying.
I have no doubt that some left for financial reasons but given some of those players are dropping down to lower levels/divisions it's safe to say the exodus isn't purely financial.
We've all heard the discontent amongst the group over the past year or two so perhaps a clean break will be best for everybody. In time we'll know who was in the right.
Also, Robbie Waters is the best coach in the comp, to be outdone by him isn't an embarrassment.

Some of these guys have legit reasons for leaving, some are putting a spin on it so they don't look as bad.

Some facts:

Horwood was unavailable for contact on that article, as it stated.
Clarke , Sleight, J Lobb, Cariss & Short all getting paid more 2014 than 2013 at their new clubs
McGovern /Monzell returned to junior club
S Lobb/Cuinik/O’Connor retired
Coleman back to home club Maffra
Fedoruk year off, final year of uni
Chambers undecided
Rest have stayed

Game plan was good enough to only lose 10.5 games in 3 years.
Easy to say out coached in GF but kicking 3 goals 9 points in 2nd half might had had something to do with it.
Sounds like sour grapes from a couple of blokes that wanted to take over the senior coaching roles & committee went with Horwood.

Some of these guys have legit reasons for leaving, some are putting a spin on it so they don't look as bad.

Some facts:

Clarke , Sleight, J Lobb, Cariss & Short all getting paid more 2014 than 2013 at their new clubs
Chambers undecided
Rest have stayed

Easy to say out coached in GF but kicking 3 goals 9 points in 2nd half might had had something to do with it.
Sounds like sour grapes from a couple of blokes that wanted to take over the senior coaching roles & committee went with Horwood.
Dont forget Cariss and Hill have gone to Riddell

Some facts:

Chambers undecided
Rest have stayed

I think you are putting the spin on.

How do you know what they are getting paid? You think an RDFL club could compete with Sunbury? S Lobb is playing in 2014.

Who are the rest that are staying? Clarke, Cheep, Slight, Carriss, Short, McGovern, Monzell, S Lobb, J Lobb, Cuinik, O'Connor, Coleman, Fedoruk, Chambers all gone.

I would consider that a mass exodus. If the coach has nothing to do with one or all of them leaving then I am happy enough to dress up in drag and toss the coin at Sunbury's 1st home game.

Some facts:

Chambers undecided
Rest have stayed

Rick you have managed to achieve in one post , what it would have taken me 3 pages to achieve .
You have managed to cover your whole coaching process in one post .

Start by talking about yourself .
Discredit others
Make excuses just in case
Tell the whole room about your win / lose ratio
Blame the players.
And if all else fails , just deflect by talking stats .

When are you going to learn unlike yourself , it is not always about money.

And the committee wonders why .

Rick you have managed to achieve in one post , what it would have taken me 3 pages to achieve .
You have managed to cover your whole coaching process in one post .

Start by talking about yourself .
Discredit others
Make excuses just in case
Tell the whole room about your win / lose ratio
Blame the players.
And if all else fails , just deflect by talking stats .

When are you going to learn unlike yourself , it is not always about money.

And the committee wonders why .

Not Rick.

Tipping this is Jamie or Jay though?

I think you are putting the spin on.

How do you know what they are getting paid? You think an RDFL club could compete with Sunbury? S Lobb is playing in 2014.

Who are the rest that are staying? Clarke, Cheep, Slight, Carriss, Short, McGovern, Monzell, S Lobb, J Lobb, Cuinik, O'Connor, Coleman, Fedoruk, Chambers all gone.

I would consider that a mass exodus. If the coach has nothing to do with one or all of them leaving then I am happy enough to dress up in drag and toss the coin at Sunbury's 1st home game.
Think he knows more than what you do. I worked him out by just reading what he posted. He sounds like an official to me. Sure you might be in the know but tread very carefully.

Think he knows more than what you do. I worked him out by just reading what he posted. He sounds like an official to me. Sure you might be in the know but tread very carefully.

Tread carefully? I don't care who he is - if he is making lies up about players he will be called out on it.

Why do you assume the other poster knows more than WB?
I guarantee you that Rooboy79's full of it, at least going off the first of his two more recent posts.
Anyway, while I personally couldn't give a damn about Sunbury fc, you'd imagine starting a s**t fight on here isn't the best look for the club as a whole.

Why do you assume the other poster knows more than WB?
I guarantee you that Rooboy79's full of it, at least going off the first of his two more recent posts.
Anyway, while I personally couldn't give a damn about Sunbury fc, you'd imagine starting a s**t fight on here isn't the best look for the club as a whole.
There are a lot of officials that post on here. Let's say Wild Bill isn't one which makes rooboy79 telling the truth. In fact most of the umpires actually deal with rooboy79 when they enter the rooms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back