Ballarat Football League - 2006-2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ballarat Football League

plenty of talk about Redan and Sebas here whats happening at Melton have they named a coach yet ?

Melton South Chappy resigned and a few talking about leaving unstable there at the moment with Scobel taking the job over ??

Darley anything new coming to improve there loss 08
There is a rumour going around that there is a couple of big name pick ups for the devils this summer should be interesting!

anyone heard anything on the proposed supeleague between the bendigo and ballarat football leagues two divisons relegation and promotion set up?????

Just something touted in the Bendigo League. Have heard some high profile AFL guys been delisted have held discussions with a local club in Ballarat. Watch this space.

Just something touted in the Bendigo League. Have heard some high profile AFL guys been delisted have held discussions with a local club in Ballarat. Watch this space.

Watch this space - god your a tool - you listed 4 ex AFL players yesterday with none any chance to play at a Ballarat club. You picked 2 straight of the saints de-listings yesterday - Birss and Gardiner. Nathan Thompson is zero chance as well.
You win a flag and all of a sudden become a glory hunter.

Watch this space - god your a tool - you listed 4 ex AFL players yesterday with none any chance to play at a Ballarat club. You picked 2 straight of the saints de-listings yesterday - Birss and Gardiner. Nathan Thompson is zero chance as well.
You win a flag and all of a sudden become a glory hunter.

You can categorically deny d**khead that no club has been speaking with them? Oh no lets speak with a player on an afl list. Wonder if buddy would play in the bfl! For one Thommo is a mate of one of the locals and has not ruled out playing a couple of games. Another is attending uni while anothers girlfriend is from ballarat!!!!!!!!

As for glory hunter, its the kettle calling the pot black there my friend as you r the biggest name dropper going around. Serge Serge Serge chooka belly salty! They all wouldn't give you the time of day. Just give us another story on how best to beat redan or another story on a superleague!

You can categorically deny d**khead that no club has been speaking with them? Oh no lets speak with a player on an afl list. Wonder if buddy would play in the bfl! For one Thommo is a mate of one of the locals and has not ruled out playing a couple of games. Another is attending uni while anothers girlfriend is from ballarat!!!!!!!!

As for glory hunter, its the kettle calling the pot black there my friend as you r the biggest name dropper going around. Serge Serge Serge chooka belly salty! They all wouldn't give you the time of day. Just give us another story on how best to beat redan or another story on a superleague!

Ok hero - lets look at the lists come round 1 and bump this post. You looked at the AFL de-listings and started throwing names on here like your in the know up there. Your glory hunting and have been picked up on it. All those players you listed will not play in the BFL next year.

I will give you a great story about walking into the gym when working at Richmond and seeing Northey curled up into a ball sucking his thumb and crying after he was sacked. He did not have a wrinkle until then. Lets hope he has now buried his demons and moved on with his life.

And Power not giving me the time of day - turn up to the Gisborne Golf course this Sat morning and you can carry my bag while we play golf. You may get a free lesson out of it.

anyone heard anything on the proposed supeleague between the bendigo and ballarat football leagues two divisons relegation and promotion set up?????

What follows is from Bendigo paper last week. The proposal was tabled at Ballarat league meeting last monday but wasn't even discussed. A stupid idea which got the right reaction.

From Bendigo Advertiser Oct 14:

THE Bendigo Bank Bendigo Football League won’t consider a radical idea circulated to its clubs to form a two-division Goldfields League.
The BFL and its clubs have received a four-page proposal from Andrew Cathcart, who grew up in Bendigo and now lives in Albury, suggesting a merger of the Bendigo and Ballarat football leagues into a Goldfields Football League.
Cathcart’s proposal, which has been with the Bendigo league and its clubs for over a month, suggests a two-division relegation competition featuring the 21 Bendigo and Ballarat football league clubs.
While Cathcart admits it’s radical, he says his proposal has the potential for a number of advantages, including:
Division one involving the best of the two 'old BFL’s' would be very powerful, with one-sided games replaced by new blockbusters such as Gisborne v Sunbury, Eaglehawk v Darley, South Bendigo v East Point, and Golden Square v Ballarat, meaning teams in this competition would need to be on their mettle just to make the finals.
All Division two teams would start the year with achievable goals - a reasonable chance to make the finals and a chance to win a premiership, with unhealthy one-sided games to no longer be normal.
With a lower division, the likelihood of struggling teams leaving the league would be reduced as they would have a better chance of survival by not being subject to regular maulings from a side like Gisborne, and new clubs like Strathfieldsaye wouldn’t immediately face the likes of an Eaglehawk.
Administration costs could be reduced with the two ex BFLs operating under the one administration umbrella.
Cathcart listed the extra travel required for some clubs as the key disadvantage of his proposal, but believes for clubs such as Gisborne and Kyneton, travel would be reduced, while Maryborough would be similar.
The Bendigo-based clubs would face an increased travel burden, but Cathcart said, with the exception of Kangaroo Flat, they are traditionally stronger clubs that enjoy an advantage over the country clubs by playing a number of away matches close to home.
Cathcart said he has developed his proposal because he believes the league is a “lopsided competition with many games being hopelessly one-sided’’, while also suggesting crowds and the standard has declined since he first started watching Bendigo football in the 1960s.
However, BFL chief executive officer Steven Oliver said the league is in a healthy position and such a drastic upheaval as suggested in Cathcart’s proposal is not necessary.
“At this stage nothing would be even remotely considered,’’ Oliver said.
“Bendigo football is strong, alive and well, as are the Bendigo juniors, and the district leagues through their finals showed they did well.
“So I would be saying central Victorian football is in a healthy state.
“We get a number of these types of ideas and if we thought we were in a position where we needed to look at something, then we would.
“But we’re certainly not in a position where anyone feels the need to be looking at amalgamating the Bendigo and Ballarat footy leagues.
“We feel the Bendigo league is as stable as it has been for many years.’’
Ballarat Football League chief executive officer Rod Ward said Cathcart’s proposal would be presented at a board meeting next Monday night.
“It will be presented to our board as part of correspondence,’’ Ward said.
“I can’t speak for the Ballarat league because it’s yet to be discussed formally or informally or by our clubs, but personally, I can see some merit in it. “I think about an hour and 15 minutes is the greatest travel distance, so logistically, it’s certainly something you would think is possible, but ultimately, the members and stakeholders in each league will decide their own future.’’

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok hero - lets look at the lists come round 1 and bump this post. You looked at the AFL de-listings and started throwing names on here like your in the know up there. Your glory hunting and have been picked up on it. All those players you listed will not play in the BFL next year.

I will give you a great story about walking into the gym when working at Richmond and seeing Northey curled up into a ball sucking his thumb and crying after he was sacked. He did not have a wrinkle until then. Lets hope he has now buried his demons and moved on with his life.

And Power not giving me the time of day - turn up to the Gisborne Golf course this Sat morning and you can carry my bag while we play golf. You may get a free lesson out of it.

I remember being at North when the great serge would come in crying as he was constantly being beaten up as he didn't have his mates like lupson chooka etc beating the s**t out of everyone who touched him.

What did you do at Richmond KA? Were you a cleaner for the council as thats the only time you would have been involved at richmond.

More than happy to catch up with serge as he was a good bloke at north. Are you playing at the same time or just happen to be there like the bloke who had his photo taken with Manchester united after jumping in with the players.

As you are such good mates who is on his match committee? You KA?

Update :D on the Redan reserves premiership medal.
Was told that the medal "reappeared" a couple of weeks back.
Was also told that it was decided that it wasn't worth going after so Beckham may have to apply to the league for a new one anyway.
Rumour has it that this is not the first one he has misplaced _ but not in the same way!!

I remember being at North when the great serge would come in crying as he was constantly being beaten up as he didn't have his mates like lupson chooka etc beating the s**t out of everyone who touched him.

What did you do at Richmond KA? Were you a cleaner for the council as thats the only time you would have been involved at richmond.

More than happy to catch up with serge as he was a good bloke at north. Are you playing at the same time or just happen to be there like the bloke who had his photo taken with Manchester united after jumping in with the players.

As you are such good mates who is on his match committee? You KA?

Yeah he hated getting hit - that is why he was favourite for the Liston and made the VFL team of the year. Nice try. But Nothey getting sacked and crying is fact.

But you have got me - I am the same as that Man U guy - I actually hired a suit on Powers wedding day and managed to get in all the bridal party photo's. Surprised no one picked it up as i sat all night on the bridal table?? Go figure.

His matach committee is Shane Birss, Nathan Thompson, Charlie Gardiner and Ben Cousins. Wow this name dropping - glory hunting is fun - you may have started something here Oracle.

Rubbish.

Quality bloke who didn't have a place under Libba regime. Most clubs would be rapt to have him.

Don't know him personally so can't comment on that but watching Luke Beattie at Sunbury over the past couple of years I think he has struggled to have a major impact.

He may not be coaching Daylesford but a change of scenery may not be a bad thing for both parties

Don't know him personally so can't comment on that but watching Luke Beattie at Sunbury over the past couple of years I think he has struggled to have a major impact.

He may not be coaching Daylesford but a change of scenery may not be a bad thing for both parties

Average player/ average comp = good pick up in my mind

Update :D on the Redan reserves premiership medal.
Was told that the medal "reappeared" a couple of weeks back.
Was also told that it was decided that it wasn't worth going after so Beckham may have to apply to the league for a new one anyway.
Rumour has it that this is not the first one he has misplaced _ but not in the same way!!

It's a reserves premiership medal ... not even worth the s**t that it came out in.

THE Bendigo Bank Bendigo Football League won’t consider a radical idea circulated to its clubs to form a two-division Goldfields League.
The BFL and its clubs have received a four-page proposal from Andrew Cathcart, who grew up in Bendigo and now lives in Albury, suggesting a merger of the Bendigo and Ballarat football leagues into a Goldfields Football League.
Cathcart’s proposal, which has been with the Bendigo league and its clubs for over a month, suggests a two-division relegation competition featuring the 21 Bendigo and Ballarat football league clubs.
While Cathcart admits it’s radical, he says his proposal has the potential for a number of advantages, including:
Division one involving the best of the two 'old BFL’s' would be very powerful, with one-sided games replaced by new blockbusters such as Gisborne v Sunbury, Eaglehawk v Darley, South Bendigo v East Point, and Golden Square v Ballarat, meaning teams in this competition would need to be on their mettle just to make the finals.

The answer to this issue is probably simpler than amalgamating to leagues. Get rid of the Bendigo Bombers and Nth Ballarat VFL teams and you have about 20-25 top players come back into the league and strengthen it.
When both leagues were at their strongest the issue of VFL wasnt required. Sure you will lose some players to Melbourne every year trying better level of footy which should be encouraged, but if they are local most times they will come back and play at some stage.

I am not a huge wrap on what VFL footy regionally has taken away from local clubs.
Just one question, what do the clubs get back from having a VFL team in their backyard apart from the chance to get a good player back for 3-4 games a year? I dont see much else as they take crowd, sponsors dollars, best players and space in the local papers.

The answer to this issue is probably simpler than amalgamating to leagues. Get rid of the Bendigo Bombers and Nth Ballarat VFL teams and you have about 20-25 top players come back into the league and strengthen it.
When both leagues were at their strongest the issue of VFL wasnt required. Sure you will lose some players to Melbourne every year trying better level of footy which should be encouraged, but if they are local most times they will come back and play at some stage.

I am not a huge wrap on what VFL footy regionally has taken away from local clubs.
Just one question, what do the clubs get back from having a VFL team in their backyard apart from the chance to get a good player back for 3-4 games a year? I dont see much else as they take crowd, sponsors dollars, best players and space in the local papers.
I reckon if 20-25 players came back to the BFL they would play for only 2 clubs, say Redan and Ballarat, thus making the league more uneven. I may be wrong though, but I doubt it.

bacchus marsh have signed young gun ash sweet from south to improve there growing list of young stars, a side to look out for in the coming years.:thumbsu:

not true is staying at south is the word
glen ryan was the only dill to be sucked into leaving and playing twos up the road :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back