Ballarat Football League 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if any members of the tribunal are from Darley, Bacchus Marsh, Sunbury or either of the Meltons?
Similarly, I am not sure whether any of the umpires live in the Marsh, Melton or Sunbury? Perhaps this is how the league could start to overcome the perception of bias.
Tribunal hearings held at Darley or the Marsh (not just in Ballarat) with tribunal members from the "eastern" clubs?

Great common sense idea, but will never happen.

What we are dealing with here is a deeply rooted Xenophobia at every level of the BFL.
Sharing Power pragmatically has not been a feature of the BFL post Eastern Bloc arrival................ & nothing of late suggests that their approach has changed unfortunately ! (For us in the East that is)

Could not agree more.Seemed like a progressive move 12 years ago to go to the BFL and we thought in time friendships and rivalries would develop and the east/west scenario would not be an issue.But not only has it become an issue but a cancerous loathing and lack of respect for each other. What used to be sorted out between wiser heads at club level now involves investigations and frustrated tram conductors at tribunals.
Also dont waste your energies trying to draw attention to the umpire bias they live in ballarat its human nature to protect whats closest to you even their advisors, after countless meetings and statistics analasis over the years cant find a solution to the problem
I was initially excited about the move to ballarat but lets be realistic
IT JUST DONT WORK

Well good on you for having a crack.

But as we've all seen, going through the official lines of communication dont seem to get much action done up there in the Fatherland. So..
Now lets all do it together, MY WAY perhaps, a little more publicly & see if that makes any difference eh ?
Make em accountable for their apparent leanings.

First thing Sunday/Monday -

Round ?
Score ?
Frees ? - For & Against !
& a name or two if you can get. Or post a photo, now that would be Great

Lets all give it a go........... Whata we got to loose !

Does anyone know if any members of the tribunal are from Darley, Bacchus Marsh, Sunbury or either of the Meltons?
Similarly, I am not sure whether any of the umpires live in the Marsh, Melton or Sunbury? Perhaps this is how the league could start to overcome the perception of bias.
Tribunal hearings held at Darley or the Marsh (not just in Ballarat) with tribunal members from the "eastern" clubs?
Don't know about the tribunal but do know that not all the senior umpires are from Ballarat and in fact a few regulars are nuetral and others are on "loan" from other leagues.

Isn't the league CEO a Darley boy???

Don't know about the tribunal but do know that not all the senior umpires are from Ballarat and in fact a few regulars are nuetral and others are on "loan" from other leagues.

Yes he is, but unlike his workmates, Rod is a decent human being who does not show any favourtism (obviously) to his old side. The way it should be, take note Nunny.

True - Rod Ward is a Darley boy.

Wasn't the season launch held in Melton this year?

Aren't there umpires from the Riddel Association umpiring in the BFL?? There was a couple of years ago.

The RDFL Umpires decided not to umpire in the BFL for a couple of reasons such as greater committments in the RDFL and the sense that the BFUA were not giving our guys a fair go.

No favouritism....what was the outcome of Darley starting and carrying on the gf 08 punch on. Strings may have been pulled there.
Ballarat started the fight, and the wash up was 3 of our guys suspended and none for Ballarat, so whats your point!

guys there is absolutely no east/west bias at the bfl and people need to get the conspiracy theories out of their heads. Just have a look at the structure of the bfl board - 1 x former melton south president (g wickham), 1 x former melton fc president (b jack), former sunbury fc board member (p shanahan), former melton fc board member (m simpkins) - the board represents the whole league and treats everyone fairly.

Everyone knows the umpires are independant, but clubs are also responsible their own relationships with the umps and need to do what they can to improve things if tehy reckon a problem exists.

From what i understand the tribunal is based in ballarat because it is central to three leagues it serves - from sunbury (bfl) to navarre and natte bealiba (lexton plains) and the maryborough castlemaine fl clubs.

You can forget the rumours on new leagues - the vcfl and afl vic quickly jumped all over that 2 years ago when the kilmore post ran a story - there is no way football in victoria will destroy 2 or 3 leagues to create a new league.

Msfc to the rdfl ? Why would the bfl even consider letting them go ? They can hardly say they need to go when they posted a record profit last year and have a 1st class administration under a very good president.

the most sensible post i have ever seen in this forum!!!
Well said

Guys there is absolutely no east/west bias at the BFL and people need to get the conspiracy theories out of their heads. Just have a look at the structure of the BFL Board - 1 X former Melton South President (G Wickham), 1 X former Melton FC President (B Jack), former Sunbury FC Board member (P Shanahan), former Melton FC Board member (M Simpkins) - the Board represents the whole league and treats everyone fairly.

Everyone knows the Umpires are independant, but Clubs are also responsible their own relationships with the Umps and need to do what they can to improve things if tehy reckon a problem exists.

From what I understand the Tribunal is based in Ballarat because it is central to THREE Leagues it serves - from Sunbury (BFL) to Navarre and Natte Bealiba (Lexton Plains) and the Maryborough Castlemaine FL Clubs.

You can forget the rumours on new leagues - the VCFL and AFL Vic quickly jumped all over that 2 years ago when the Kilmore Post ran a story - there is no way football in Victoria will destroy 2 or 3 leagues to create a new league.

MSFC to the RDFL ? Why would the BFL even consider letting them go ? They can hardly say they need to go when they posted a record profit last year and have a 1st class administration under a very good President.

Great to see the sharpest tool in the shed dismiss rumours of melton sth leaving! Fast to act on that one....................
Any comment re the posts that sebastopol will be kicked out ??????????

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great to see the sharpest tool in the shed dismiss rumours of melton sth leaving! Fast to act on that one....................
Any comment re the posts that sebastopol will be kicked out ??????????

Its the CEO of the league - as if he is going to talk about plans to boot Sebas when Sebas have not yet been told.

Guys there is absolutely no east/west bias at the BFL and people need to get the conspiracy theories out of their heads. Just have a look at the structure of the BFL Board - 1 X former Melton South President (G Wickham), 1 X former Melton FC President (B Jack), former Sunbury FC Board member (P Shanahan), former Melton FC Board member (M Simpkins) - the Board represents the whole league and treats everyone fairly.

Everyone knows the Umpires are independant, but Clubs are also responsible their own relationships with the Umps and need to do what they can to improve things if tehy reckon a problem exists.

From what I understand the Tribunal is based in Ballarat because it is central to THREE Leagues it serves - from Sunbury (BFL) to Navarre and Natte Bealiba (Lexton Plains) and the Maryborough Castlemaine FL Clubs.

You can forget the rumours on new leagues - the VCFL and AFL Vic quickly jumped all over that 2 years ago when the Kilmore Post ran a story - there is no way football in Victoria will destroy 2 or 3 leagues to create a new league.

MSFC to the RDFL ? Why would the BFL even consider letting them go ? They can hardly say they need to go when they posted a record profit last year and have a 1st class administration under a very good President.
It has nothing to do with the BFL board they dont control the umpires or the tribunal so lets not go sideways to avoid the issue.Anyway what eastern block supporter would want to have a relationship with them,they get paid to do a job and if their doing it properly you dont notice them. I would sooner befriend a murderer than a cheat
Also you dont have to destroy any league you westerners can amalgamate with the central highlands we will sort ourselves out as we still get along very well

It has nothing to do with the BFL board they dont control the umpires or the tribunal so lets not go sideways to avoid the issue.Anyway what eastern block supporter would want to have a relationship with them,they get paid to do a job and if their doing it properly you dont notice them. I would sooner befriend a murderer than a cheat
Also you dont have to destroy any league you westerners can amalgamate with the central highlands we will sort ourselves out as we still get along very well
How true. Lets not cop this s**t any longer
How long does the process take?

Now its not hard to figure out who wrote this post and why. Your an intellegent man and im not getting on here to enter a slanging match because i do respect you but your not looking at baseline of the issue because you have other agendas on your desk. Your right about the guys on the board from the Eastern block sides and percentage wise, we are definately well represented but like the free kick count that we encounter every week, its not necessarily the count that matters, its the content.

How many of these guys still have an active service at their home clubs like Nunn does? How many of these guys are puppets that are manipulated by the big few and how many of these guys now work at the league because they are yes men who have no respect at their OLD clubs. I am not saying all, but i am definately saying a large percentage. If you want examples then i am quite happy to provide a few but im sure in your position, you dont need that headache.

My problem isnt so much with the league, its more with the umpires and their lack of accountability. Why is it up to any club to build a relationship with umpires, umpires are hired (and paid) to be non-biased people who officiate a game of football between two sides of footballers. They are to officiate on decisions that are black and white as they appear before their eyes without favouritism. They are to call decisions as they appear in front of them and not based on what they think of a persons character, sexuality or living location. This isnt happening and the league should be doing more to correct this. Before you say that sides need to send requests to have evaluations etc if they feel they are being poorly treated... then why dont you ask teams if they feel comfortable approaching you guys because quite frankly- they arent. I know for a fact our club is affraid of launching investigations when we are the victim because of the treatment we receive up there.

You are all playing a game of Chinese whispers up there and burying clubs and individuals and expecting them to smile while you enter from behind with a raging mongrel. Its not every one of you but a select few are polluting minds and its not gonna be long till it all hits the fan. There are quite a few of us from Darley, Sunbury and Melton speaking on a daily basis and things arent as rosie as you guys think up your way, dont underestimate what you believe to be a small group of guys with a few issues because this is alot bigger than what you think.

I understand why you see things the way you do but a fair playing ground is all that is expected and its not happening. Get your head out of the sand and do something about it, if there are so many eastern block representatives then why dont a few of you pull your finger out of your a$$ and stop worrying about being diplomatic. We are getting shafted and you Eastern block blokes are the only ones not cheating for your sides. PM me if you wanna talk about it openly

Now its not hard to figure out who wrote this post and why. Your an intellegent man and im not getting on here to enter a slanging match because i do respect you but your not looking at baseline of the issue because you have other agendas on your desk. Your right about the guys on the board from the Eastern block sides and percentage wise, we are definately well represented but like the free kick count that we encounter every week, its not necessarily the count that matters, its the content.

How many of these guys still have an active service at their home clubs like Nunn does? How many of these guys are puppets that are manipulated by the big few and how many of these guys now work at the league because they are yes men who have no respect at their OLD clubs. I am not saying all, but i am definately saying a large percentage. If you want examples then i am quite happy to provide a few but im sure in your position, you dont need that headache.

My problem isnt so much with the league, its more with the umpires and their lack of accountability. Why is it up to any club to build a relationship with umpires, umpires are hired (and paid) to be non-biased people who officiate a game of football between two sides of footballers. They are to officiate on decisions that are black and white as they appear before their eyes without favouritism. They are to call decisions as they appear in front of them and not based on what they think of a persons character, sexuality or living location. This isnt happening and the league should be doing more to correct this. Before you say that sides need to send requests to have evaluations etc if they feel they are being poorly treated... then why dont you ask teams if they feel comfortable approaching you guys because quite frankly- they arent. I know for a fact our club is affraid of launching investigations when we are the victim because of the treatment we receive up there.

You are all playing a game of Chinese whispers up there and burying clubs and individuals and expecting them to smile while you enter from behind with a raging mongrel. Its not every one of you but a select few are polluting minds and its not gonna be long till it all hits the fan. There are quite a few of us from Darley, Sunbury and Melton speaking on a daily basis and things arent as rosie as you guys think up your way, dont underestimate what you believe to be a small group of guys with a few issues because this is alot bigger than what you think.

I understand why you see things the way you do but a fair playing ground is all that is expected and its not happening. Get your head out of the sand and do something about it, if there are so many eastern block representatives then why dont a few of you pull your finger out of your a$$ and stop worrying about being diplomatic. We are getting shafted and you Eastern block blokes are the only ones not cheating for your sides. PM me if you wanna talk about it openly

Now this is definitely the most honest and truthful appraisal of the whole situation as it currently stands. No emotion, just pure fact!
Well said.

My problem isnt so much with the league, its more with the umpires and their lack of accountability.

We are getting shafted and you Eastern block blokes are the only ones not cheating for your sides. PM me if you wanna talk about it openly
Rat you contradict yourself. You say the problem isn't the league but the umps and then you go on to say that the league reps need to start working to your advantage. Make up your mind is the league cheating you or is it the umpires? Are you annoyed at the league or the umpires? Are you annoyed you haven't won a flag in the BFL yet 2 others from the East have? Are you annoyed that you let a golden opportunity slip and now you think it might not happen in 2009?

[B"]Msfc to the rdfl ? Why would the bfl even consider letting them go ? They can hardly say they need to go when they posted a record profit last year and have a 1st class administration under a very good president"[/B]

I could not let this slide with out introducing some facts about Melton South.

1. at the end of 2006 the MSFC nearly folded - they came as close as possible to shutting the doors. The adminstration and Shanks nearly terminated the club.

2. Nov 2006 Chapman and Scoble took over and with Sutts and ex player Tyrone as president sought to reunite the club and get as many south players and supporters back to fight of folding.

3. In Feb 2008 the club uncovered a further crippling debt left by the Sproule administration that put the club in a position of compromise a month out from the season.

4. Yes the made a record profit after reaching the finals in 2007 - a massive 15k profit! But with huge cost cutting and match payments under 50k. Players played on reduced salaries to help stop the club from folding. Anyone can make a profit if they don't spend!!

5. 2008 got Grenfell back - ex junior - but that was it - not growing at anywhere near the other BFL clubs - and they made another small profit.

6. Have a look at this weeks team - 20 locals and 1 recruit and an average age of 20. They are not spending - they are just surviving.

7. 1st class admn?? So did Daylesford, East Ballarat, Golden Point and Beaufort. 1st class admin is a crap throw away line.

8. 2009 will be the 1st time in history no Melton side (Bloods, South and Centrals) under 18's, reserves and Seniors will play in finals - this is MASSIVE!

9. Due to drugs (joke) Melton is listed as one of the lowest football participation rate in Metro Melbourne - both at junior and senior levels.

10. There are 7 senior and junior clubs in the Melton Shire with another starting in October. Sponsorship is a major problem.

12 teams are irrelevant when your talking about a clubs very existance. Melton South want out - they have finished above 5th once in 13 years and that was 8 years ago. Merge with Melton, move leagues or fold. Take your pick.

To all those who said great post - you were all sucked in by some BFL propaganda.

Nunn great f*cking draw!!! - you hand Ballarat the softest draw possible and hand South the hardest possible - if the club goes under the blood is on your hands. I really want Gisborne in the BalFL but he can not be allowed to be anywher near the 2010 draw. You may find that being one of the stipulations of Gissy joining.

I could not let this slide with out introducing some facts about Melton South.

1. at the end of 2006 the MSFC nearly folded - they came as close as possible to shutting the doors. The adminstration and Shanks nearly terminated the club.

2. Nov 2006 Chapman and Scoble took over and with Sutts and ex player Tyrone as president sought to reunite the club and get as many south players and supporters back to fight of folding.

3. In Feb 2008 the club uncovered a further crippling debt left by the Sproule administration that put the club in a position of compromise a month out from the season.

4. Yes the made a record profit after reaching the finals in 2007 - a massive 15k profit! But with huge cost cutting and match payments under 50k. Players played on reduced salaries to help stop the club from folding. Anyone can make a profit if they don't spend!!

5. 2008 got Grenfell back - ex junior - but that was it - not growing at anywhere near the other BFL clubs - and they made another small profit.

6. Have a look at this weeks team - 20 locals and 1 recruit and an average age of 20. They are not spending - they are just surviving.

7. 1st class admn?? So did Daylesford, East Ballarat, Golden Point and Beaufort. 1st class admin is a crap throw away line.

8. 2009 will be the 1st time in history no Melton side (Bloods, South and Centrals) under 18's, reserves and Seniors will play in finals - this is MASSIVE!

9. Due to drugs (joke) Melton is listed as one of the lowest football participation rate in Metro Melbourne - both at junior and senior levels.

10. There are 7 senior and junior clubs in the Melton Shire with another starting in October. Sponsorship is a major problem.

12 teams are irrelevant when your talking about a clubs very existance. Melton South want out - they have finished above 5th once in 13 years and that was 8 years ago. Merge with Melton, move leagues or fold. Take your pick.

To all those who said great post - you were all sucked in by some BFL propaganda.

Nunn great f*cking draw!!! - you hand Ballarat the softest draw possible and hand South the hardest possible - if the club goes under the blood is on your hands. I really want Gisborne in the BalFL but he can not be allowed to be anywher near the 2010 draw. You may find that being one of the stipulations of Gissy joining.[/quote]
Oh the irony ! I joined BF to get stuck into the BFL Wayne Kers after they stitched up Urch and instead I get to open with a crack at my old enemy MSFC !

Dont know you KA but how long have been Troy Scobles publicist ? Did he write that for you or send to you via email ? Dont fall into his excuses !

Bottom line is Scoble is the BFL's version of Terry Wallace and and will make a million excuses rather than face the truth _ HE CANT COACH ! Make reasons, arguments, deflect arguments, whatever - he simply wants everyone to concentrate on other matters before they realise he cannot Coach and despite having the biggest budget in the clubs history they have gone backwards under his Coaching.

He will blame Umpires, the Tribunal, the drought, Ricky Leonard, the BFL and even Meltons drug problems on his poor season but South simply need Chappy back - or even Porky Rodda !

Clubs ? Rubbish ! Melton has more people than Ballarat yet Ballarat has FAR MORE Clubs drawing from the town than Melton so dont try that argument. And I would reckon nearly most (not all) Ballarat based clubs are spending less than South so dont cry poor either. Poor recruiting (you need a midfield i#iot !) and an ageing list is your problem.

And dont you have 12 Junior sides feeding into you ? Thats more than the Ballarat based clubs and gives you an advantage.

Cant hide from it = clubs is struggling from POOR COACHING. Je*us - Let Zippy Coach the year out !

MSFC's greatest strength is the fact it plays in a major league - go to the RDFL and they are no different to Centrals, Diggers or Rockbank so that wont happen.

Thankfully there are too many good and proud people at the club to even seriously consider that and unlike Scoble they are not ready to put the white flag up.

And other arguments - Daylesford had NO administration or U18s that why they left the BFL. Golden Point had no players and East were broke BUT your point about Devon is correct AND supports my argument that a GOOD administration will keep the club strong and thats why this MSFC will stay strong and flourish because they have a good administration and will not take the club to the brink of collapse.

And stop buying forwards = everyone knows that MSFC needs a midfield........... AND a new Coach.

And why would the BFL (if it has any sense which is questionable) let any Club dictate who does the draw ? Good luck with that Gisborne !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back