Ballarat Football League 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh the irony ! I joined BF to get stuck into the BFL Wayne Kers after they stitched up Urch and instead I get to open with a crack at my old enemy MSFC !

Dont know you KA but how long have been Troy Scobles publicist ? Did he write that for you or send to you via email ? Dont fall into his excuses !

Bottom line is Scoble is the BFL's version of Terry Wallace and and will make a million excuses rather than face the truth _ HE CANT COACH ! Make reasons, arguments, deflect arguments, whatever - he simply wants everyone to concentrate on other matters before they realise he cannot Coach and despite having the biggest budget in the clubs history they have gone backwards under his Coaching.

He will blame Umpires, the Tribunal, the drought, Ricky Leonard, the BFL and even Meltons drug problems on his poor season but South simply need Chappy back - or even Porky Rodda !

Clubs ? Rubbish ! Melton has more people than Ballarat yet Ballarat has FAR MORE Clubs drawing from the town than Melton so dont try that argument. And I would reckon nearly most (not all) Ballarat based clubs are spending less than South so dont cry poor either. Poor recruiting (you need a midfield i#iot !) and an ageing list is your problem.

And dont you have 12 Junior sides feeding into you ? Thats more than the Ballarat based clubs and gives you an advantage.

Cant hide from it = clubs is struggling from POOR COACHING. Je*us - Let Zippy Coach the year out !

MSFC's greatest strength is the fact it plays in a major league - go to the RDFL and they are no different to Centrals, Diggers or Rockbank so that wont happen.

Thankfully there are too many good and proud people at the club to even seriously consider that and unlike Scoble they are not ready to put the white flag up.

And other arguments - Daylesford had NO administration or U18s that why they left the BFL. Golden Point had no players and East were broke BUT your point about Devon is correct AND supports my argument that a GOOD administration will keep the club strong and thats why this MSFC will stay strong and flourish because they have a good administration and will not take the club to the brink of collapse.

And stop buying forwards = everyone knows that MSFC needs a midfield........... AND a new Coach.

And why would the BFL (if it has any sense which is questionable) let any Club dictate who does the draw ? Good luck with that Gisborne ![/quote]

Is that you Kevin Sheedy? Name a good coach in the BFL? Have you ever had a go?

The facts above are well known facts. Ageing list? Do the sums with the ages and see where it gets you.

As for the draw - lets see who does it in 2010 to see if we can dictate.

Clubs ? Rubbish ! Melton has more people than Ballarat yet Ballarat has FAR MORE Clubs drawing from the town than Melton so dont try that argument. And I would reckon nearly most (not all) Ballarat based clubs are spending less than South so dont cry poor either. Poor recruiting (you need a midfield i#iot !) and an ageing list is your problem.

Most of your post was a failure - but this is an epic one. Melton have more people than Ballarat. Oh dear!!

You said you were going to give facts about melton south, I'm still waiting. The club is paying the most ever in it's history, Tonna $700+, McMahon and Sutton $600+ and their supposed young guns all got hefty pay rises even though they struggle. Get Zippy to coach as he his loyal to the club, unlike Scoble who is trying only to improve his CV. The admin is no good as they have only 2-3 people working hard and they all have been sucked in by the crap the coach is shovelling. Typical Melton South when it gets hard they always look for the easy way out, probably why they hardly won any finals, and also before finals the club finished in the top 3 6 out of 13 years. Hey King's Army instead of pushing your mates excuses get the facts

I knew if we shook the BFL tree long & hard enough one of the geriatric old narcissists would wake up & fall to the ground, spluttering with answers & excuses.

Didn’t think it’d be the one & only head honcho Wardy himself !

Anyway Rod forget about naming WHO these blokes are, in some sort of misguided sycophantic ego massaging gesture, to give em their 15 minutes of fame !.......... We don’t care WHO they are ! Just wake em up & get em to work !……………. on -

1. Fixing the Tribunal – Its an archaic “Boys Club” filled with fossilized Has Beens, Wanna Bees & Never Was’s, that time & time again gets it so horribly WRONG ! Demonstrating that they are completely out of touch with the Modern Game & whats expected of them in it. Overhaul it & make it contemporary.

2. Fixing the Umpiring issues – whether you like it or not they ARE bias, & the factual numbers over a long period of time bare this out.

Anyway you have a nice Week-End Mr Ward, I’ll be off to enjoy my BFL footy fix tomorrow with pen, paper & camera (long lens) in hand, should be a very interesting day !

You said you were going to give facts about melton south, I'm still waiting. The club is paying the most ever in it's history, Tonna $700+, McMahon and Sutton $600+ and their supposed young guns all got hefty pay rises even though they struggle. Get Zippy to coach as he his loyal to the club, unlike Scoble who is trying only to improve his CV. The admin is no good as they have only 2-3 people working hard and they all have been sucked in by the crap the coach is shovelling. Typical Melton South when it gets hard they always look for the easy way out, probably why they hardly won any finals, and also before finals the club finished in the top 3 6 out of 13 years. Hey King's Army instead of pushing your mates excuses get the facts

How much a player is on is guess work - unless you are Sutton and post what you get paid it is all rubbish. So is the most player payments ever! Your guessing - weather it is an educated guess or a fools guess is a guess in itself.

H&A counts for nothing - it all comes down to where you finish once finals are over. Look at last year - Ballarat was no where near the top but are the number 1 team for 2008.

Which team do you support? Obvisously one that has won a lot of finals to be able to pot one that has not.

I'll try and get this back on track here...

This weeks games -

Darley v East Point - East have a stronger list available at moment
South v Redan - Last road trip for the year - Thanks Nunny!
Bacchus v Ballarat - Out Anderson? Is that because Bacchus is close to Darley???
Nth City v Melton - Toss of the coin
Sunbury v Sebastopol - Will wait with anticipation on the video footage monday

Umpire combined decision count
East 186
West 185

Mondays Courier Heading - Investigation awaits BFL Star (who, we will wait and see!)

[B"]Msfc to the rdfl ? Why would the bfl even consider letting them go ? They can hardly say they need to go when they posted a record profit last year and have a 1st class administration under a very good president"[/b]

I could not let this slide with out introducing some facts about Melton South.

1. at the end of 2006 the MSFC nearly folded - they came as close as possible to shutting the doors. The adminstration and Shanks nearly terminated the club.

2. Nov 2006 Chapman and Scoble took over and with Sutts and ex player Tyrone as president sought to reunite the club and get as many south players and supporters back to fight of folding.

3. In Feb 2008 the club uncovered a further crippling debt left by the Sproule administration that put the club in a position of compromise a month out from the season.

4. Yes the made a record profit after reaching the finals in 2007 - a massive 15k profit! But with huge cost cutting and match payments under 50k. Players played on reduced salaries to help stop the club from folding. Anyone can make a profit if they don't spend!!

5. 2008 got Grenfell back - ex junior - but that was it - not growing at anywhere near the other BFL clubs - and they made another small profit.

6. Have a look at this weeks team - 20 locals and 1 recruit and an average age of 20. They are not spending - they are just surviving.

7. 1st class admn?? So did Daylesford, East Ballarat, Golden Point and Beaufort. 1st class admin is a crap throw away line.

8. 2009 will be the 1st time in history no Melton side (Bloods, South and Centrals) under 18's, reserves and Seniors will play in finals - this is MASSIVE!

9. Due to drugs (joke) Melton is listed as one of the lowest football participation rate in Metro Melbourne - both at junior and senior levels.

10. There are 7 senior and junior clubs in the Melton Shire with another starting in October. Sponsorship is a major problem.

12 teams are irrelevant when your talking about a clubs very existance. Melton South want out - they have finished above 5th once in 13 years and that was 8 years ago. Merge with Melton, move leagues or fold. Take your pick.

To all those who said great post - you were all sucked in by some BFL propaganda.

Nunn great f*cking draw!!! - you hand Ballarat the softest draw possible and hand South the hardest possible - if the club goes under the blood is on your hands. I really want Gisborne in the BalFL but he can not be allowed to be anywher near the 2010 draw. You may find that being one of the stipulations of Gissy joining.

So when did you find all this out? Why have you been pumping up there tyres on here all year saying they were certainties to play finals and top 3 etc now make a list of excuses for them as long as your arm. Cant have it both ways. They are crap.

Re: Ballarat Football League

Not top 3. South are terrible. Suba and Darley are clearly 1 - 2. Maybe a ballarat team will jump up and take them on. I would not back against one of those 2 winning it. Hose is a bit different to Mc Mahon and Sutts. Early with the "just does not get beaton" line.

P.S. - Bye Oracle.

April - fairly sure I have not been pumping up South. May have got the Sunba call wrong but was not a South spruiker.

Not guess work mate, also not 20 of 21 players home grown, didn't know Tonna, Sutton, McMahon and Senserrick and even Grenfell(might of played juniors, but on good coin to come back from Melton) are home grown and unless they are playing 8 15 yr olds they are no way near av age of 20 or 21, do your maths
How much a player is on is guess work - unless you are Sutton and post what you get paid it is all rubbish. So is the most player payments ever! Your guessing - weather it is an educated guess or a fools guess is a guess in itself.

H&A counts for nothing - it all comes down to where you finish once finals are over. Look at last year - Ballarat was no where near the top but are the number 1 team for 2008.

Which team do you support? Obvisously one that has won a lot of finals to be able to pot one that has not.

April - fairly sure I have not been pumping up South. May have got the Sunba call wrong but was not a South spruiker.

post_old.gif
6 Mar 2009, 10:14 #220 Kings Army
BigFooty Member

North Melbourne

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORACLE 69
Time for a poll. What is everyone's pick for the following:

Top 6
Premiers
Henderson Medal
Big Improvers
Goal kicking
Most hated club
Best coach
Rookie of the year

Top 6 - Darley, Redan, South, Ballarat (soft draw), Sunbury, East
Premiers - Darley
Henderson Medal - Urch
Big Improvers - Redan - missed finals in 08
Goal kicking - Jordan
Most hated club - Lakers
Best coach - Premiers - GL
Rookie of the year - Peter Robertson -sun

post_old.gif
26 Mar 2009, 09:45 #323 Kings Army
BigFooty Member

North Melbourne

Is it just me or are the Ballarat supporters a bit Twitchy at this time of year?

Anyway not doing a ladder - just a top 3 and spoon.

1. Darley
2. Melton South
3. Sunbury

Spoon - Sebas

Enjoy the year.

post_old.gif
27 Mar 2009, 09:41 #340 Kings Army
BigFooty Member

North Melbourne

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig54
Kingy Kingy Kingy , when are you going to look at football objectively instead of just pumping up your little mates Power & Scoble!!!

It must not only me that think the 3 best sides are - Darley, South and Sunbury - they are the top 3 in the betting. (shhh but they are all Eastern Bloc teams). Where did that idiot go who mentioned the Ballarat teams are the dominant ones???

post_old.gif
30 Apr 2009, 10:32 #526 Kings Army
BigFooty Member

North Melbourne

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORACLE 69
Well it seems the sides are starting to sort themselves out with 2 eastern sides and 4 western sides likely to fill the finals spot. Good to see Darley supporters putting back together their broken hearts with hope for this year. I suggest we will see more broken hearts come later in the year. Once again melton south failed to deliver

South are a certain to play finals. Eastern teams will be 1 - 2 and 4 this year. Good to see Ballarat 9th - where they belong. They are the Bradbury of the BFL. Ever since we improved this comp at least 3 of the 4 Eastern teams have played finals. This year is no different. Can you please explain why you are still posting?

post_old.gif
8 May 2009, 10:54 #545 Kings Army
BigFooty Member

North Melbourne

Only really 4 in the betting for the flag - Darely $2.10 Sunba $2.75 South $7 and East Point $7. Hard to see it not been one by one of these teams.

Sorry. My mistake.

I'll try and get this back on track here...

This weeks games -

Darley v East Point - East have a stronger list available at moment
South v Redan - Last road trip for the year - Thanks Nunny!
Bacchus v Ballarat - Out Anderson? Is that because Bacchus is close to Darley???
Nth City v Melton - Toss of the coin
Sunbury v Sebastopol - Will wait with anticipation on the video footage monday
Good idea drummer,

Darley v East Point - Many out, but devils by a point, midfield the key
South v Redan - Souths second halves have been terrible, will be cut to shreads in the middle, Redan by 20
Bacchus v Ballarat - Redheads by 40, lying coward anderson has the early symptoms of the Darley flu, I dare say will be at its worst when they play at Darley in 2 weeks time
Nth City v Melton - Payney v old side, home advantage will get them over the line
Sunbury v Sebastopol - bring the wide lens doc/shaggy, it a big paddock, Sunba by 100

after this weeks topics of conversation, this weeks games are all East v West showdowns, will be interesting

Only really 4 in the betting for the flag - Darely $2.10 Sunba $2.75 South $7 and East Point $7. Hard to see it not been one by one of these teams.

Sorry. My mistake.[/quote]

Enjoyed the 3 hour search - lol. I don't set the odds - above is from Sportsbet. One of the above 4 will win it.

Good luck to James Federok on his first senior game.

Sorry. My mistake.

Enjoyed the 3 hour search - lol. I don't set the odds - above is from Sportsbet. One of the above 4 will win it.

Good luck to James Federok on his first senior game.[/quote]

Must admit it did take a while but I knew they were there.

Fact is you HAVE been pumping them up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good question !
Blokes that are putting up free kick counts on big footy to try and influence umpires are really struggling and i believe are embarasing their clubs.

Really BB? Did Gis ever have a problem with the umps?? Did you not tell me that the same thing happened to Gissy and there was a huge bias against them? Sure they could over come and win flags but when you are 8 goals better you should. You still lost flags when you were 5 goals better than everyone.

All that is happening now is that the Eastern bloc teams are fed up with the bais and they can not afford (like Gissy) to be 8 goals better than the Ballarat teams. They need a level playing field and stats will keep on coming.

Really BB? Did Gis ever have a problem with the umps?? Did you not tell me that the same thing happened to Gissy and there was a huge bias against them? Sure they could over come and win flags but when you are 8 goals better you should. You still lost flags when you were 5 goals better than everyone.

All that is happening now is that the Eastern bloc teams are fed up with the bais and they can not afford (like Gissy) to be 8 goals better than the Ballarat teams. They need a level playing field and stats will keep on coming.
when gisborne join the ballarat league next year bearsboy you will see what everyone is talking about its blatant cheating in most cases.
how about some of you simple minded cronic masturbators from the rat keep some stats when your side plays a side from the east then you will see that there is a real problem

and the reason why the free kick count should be equal? morons...
Have to love it when some jerk comes here, reads a few posts and thinks they know enough about whats going on to leave their uninformed opinion. No one is saying frees have to be 25 a piece, we just want the umps to be fair and just, which they are not.
However, I cannot provide stats on the East v Darley game at this stage, but being there I'd say they were fairly good. And by good I mean they were equally bad for both sides.
Seen a fair effort by Miller, kicked 10 out of our 13 goals, had 8 at half time, kicked 6 in the 2nd qtr, and would have kicked 15 if we could have maintained the effort of the first half.
Devils looked to be back in touch, played our best footy for the year in the 1st half, and with 5 or 6 to come back in, with a good draw, don't think we will lose another H & A match. Toughest game is the redheads at home in 2 weeks.

You would need to be much more specific on those stat's to be really serious.
Number of frees for high tackles, holding man, centre square errors, etc etc.
and wheres the pics of all these free's that werent warranted?
Get serious, go through the correct avenues and maybe you will achieve something.
Keep them coming if you all feel better, but get specific!

Yes Gisborne had the same problem but we didnt change that by putting stats on bigfooty, we changed it by becoming unbelievably disciplined. If Darley and Sunbury can do the same (didnt Darley give away 9 50's last week)? I guarantee you will start to see these results turn around

If you seriously believe putting free kick stats on here is going to change this, you are kidding yourself.

Whats with the you ? Off the wagon mate ?

Yes Gisborne had the same problem but we didnt change that by putting stats on bigfooty, we changed it by becoming unbelievably disciplined. If Darley and Sunbury can do the same (didnt Darley give away 9 50's last week)? I guarantee you will start to see these results turn around

If you seriously believe putting free kick stats on here is going to change this, you are kidding yourself.

Whats with the you ? Off the wagon mate ?

No on the Kanga's wagon and off to the footy with BJ mad dog MacKay and his beaten and bloody brother.

This forum was not available back then BB. The CEO has come out and admitted he has no control of the umpires or the bias. It something that won't go away until there is change - why should it be that the eastern bloc teams just shrug their shoulders and think we need to accept this.

This fight is for Gissy to night cat. They join the BaFL you will be back at Micamy every 2nd weekend getting the feathers you pull out replaced.

Have to love it when some jerk comes here, reads a few posts and thinks they know enough about whats going on to leave their uninformed opinion. No one is saying frees have to be 25 a piece, we just want the umps to be fair and just, which they are not.
However, I cannot provide stats on the East v Darley game at this stage, but being there I'd say they were fairly good. And by good I mean they were equally bad for both sides.
Seen a fair effort by Miller, kicked 10 out of our 13 goals, had 8 at half time, kicked 6 in the 2nd qtr, and would have kicked 15 if we could have maintained the effort of the first half.
Devils looked to be back in touch, played our best footy for the year in the 1st half, and with 5 or 6 to come back in, with a good draw, don't think we will lose another H & A match. Toughest game is the redheads at home in 2 weeks.

Why dont the devils spend some of their saved match payment $$$ from Urch's holiday on the solicitor from the castle. He ran a good case on the above points of law :thumbsu:
"It's just the...vibe"

Round 11.

Sunba 13. 17. 95. Def' Sebas 8. 11. 59.

Cheat Score - Sebas - 29Freekicks & two 50s. Sunba - 18 frees.

You have no shame you stinking Orange CHEATS. You really outdid yourselves today ! :thumbsdown:

HJ & KA,

I enjoy both of your posts at times, however do you really think that posting free kick stats on here is going to achieve anything?

In my time viewing this forum I have never seen an umpire post anything, so I dare say your "information" won't even get back. You would be better off sucking down more cans whilst watching the game rather then wasting your time counting free kicks.

From my understanding, umpires don't get selected in this league. They always seem to be crying out for numbers and will take anybody. I imagine all you have to do is sign up, buy yourself a whistle and off you go.

Stats in a lot of cases count for nothing anyway eg. Freo won the centre clearances and tap outs against Collingwood yesterday and still got smashed.

Whether you believe the umps cheat or not it's time to move on boys and girls. Why don't you tell us some real Sunbury news like when 'Radar' will be back or when Willoughby will play a game?

[B"]Msfc to the rdfl ? Why would the bfl even consider letting them go ? They can hardly say they need to go when they posted a record profit last year and have a 1st class administration under a very good president"[/b]

I could not let this slide with out introducing some facts about Melton South.

Nunn great f*cking draw!!! - you hand Ballarat the softest draw possible and hand South the hardest possible - if the club goes under the blood is on your hands. I really want Gisborne in the BalFL but he can not be allowed to be anywher near the 2010 draw. You may find that being one of the stipulations of Gissy joining.
KA as you say I could not let this slide. Bias is what your perception of things are therefore I thought I would add some facts to the discussion about the draw.

Based on the current ladder these are the facts

• MS only play 2 of the bottom 4 twice compared to Ballarat 3 and Darley who get all 4 twice for the year.
  • MS and Ballarat play 2 of the top 3 twice compared to Darley once each.
  • For the mid range Ballarat get Darley twice and MS and Sunba once for the year. Darley get Ballarat and MS 2 times (Sunba 1) with MS having 2 cracks at Sunba and Darley and 1 at Ballarat.
Having a look at this you would prefer Darleys draw (less top of the table more bottom of the table) to the other 2 and take Ballarat over Melton South on the strength that they get 2 free cracks at Sebas versus 2 against Sunba.

Looking at this I would say the draw is pretty even although I haven't factored in where teams play and when and this may be a factor.

Note: Darley have been used as a reference as they were the other 2008 Grand Finalist and therefore comparable to Ballarat

Saw a far better game of footy at the Eastern Oval on Sat. than I've seen so far this year. Hard, competitive and fair, with no spite. (I really didn't think the umps had an influence.)
Darley's 2Q was their best for the year - the difference was "talk", letting each other know what was around them, calling for the ball, directing play and encouraging each other. If only they could learn from this game. This has been really lacking in their undisciplined football so far this season.
East Point were a better team on the day and good to watch. Well done to both sides.

those of you from the eastern clubs winging about umpiring, what percentage of umpires are ballarat-based? would have to be 80-90 i think. why dont you guys supply umpires from your region? also, you should see how bad your volunteer umpires are in the ressies, so one-sided it isnt fair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back