Ballon d'Or 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Its generally pretty good though, Rooney, Messi, Aguero and Fabregas have all won it. Only real exceptions (other than Anderson) are Pato and Balotelli, who have both declined significantly.
Yep, people forget that Anderson was a deserved winner. Was never sure why Fergie tried to covert him to a CM, was the heir to Ronaldinho when he was at Porto. Tore it up against Arsenal in the UCL at 19. Unfortunately, the bloke is extremely lazy and doesn't care about football or have a sense of pride.

Yep, people forget that Anderson was a deserved winner. Was never sure why Fergie tried to covert him to a CM, was the heir to Ronaldinho when he was at Porto. Tore it up against Arsenal in the UCL at 19. Unfortunately, the bloke is extremely lazy and doesn't care about football or have a sense of pride.

He also got fat

Anderson+Manchester+United+v+Fulham+Premier+fGvZzhEu0Kul.jpg

He didn't do any better than Ronaldo did when he wasn't playing terrible teams.

Ronaldo was poor against everyone. Why he can't perform in World Cups is beyond me, he has the ability to score from anywhere, take penalties, free kicks, headers, the lot, and he even does well in qualification. Whenever the tournaments come around though, he stops.

Ronaldo was poor against everyone. Why he can't perform in World Cups is beyond me, he has the ability to score from anywhere, take penalties, free kicks, headers, the lot, and he even does well in qualification. Whenever the tournaments come around though, he stops.
As did Messi when he wasn't playing Bosnia, Nigeria and Iran.

As did Ronaldo against everyone. Without messi Argentina might not have even gone through to the next round, so I wouldn't discount the opposition.
Ronaldo didn't play everyone, he played Germany, Ghana and USA.

Without Messi scoring in the knockout stages they still made it to the final, so I wouldn't say they would have been in trouble against worse teams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ronaldo didn't play everyone, he played Germany, Ghana and USA.

Everyone meaning every opposition he faced, obviously.

Without Messi scoring in the knockout stages they still made it to the final, so I wouldn't say they were in trouble.

They improved as the tournament went on, but in the group stages they were poor and Messi got them at least two wins off his own boot.

Everyone meaning every opposition he faced, obviously.

They improved as the tournament went on, but in the group stages they were poor and Messi got them at least two wins off his own boot.
Both scored against average teams and one got the chance to play really s**t teams. Messi failed in this tournament against decent teams like he has at every other international tournament.

Neuer is having a sook about having no chance because he's a goalkeeper. Its because he doesn't play for Barca or Real Madrid in the top league, and also because he's not the best player. He's not even the best German or best in Germany. Even by goalkeeping standards he's not a match winner because his teams are too dominant, if you forget CL semi final last season.

Neuer is having a sook about having no chance because he's a goalkeeper. Its because he doesn't play for Barca or Real Madrid in the top league, and also because he's not the best player. He's not even the best German or best in Germany. Even by goalkeeping standards he's not a match winner because his teams are too dominant, if you forget CL semi final last season.
Best Goalkeeper in the world right now but is also an Uberflog.

waiting for this sweeper midfield keeper nonsense to fall flat on it's face, it's some of the most overhyped nonsense around.

just stop the ball from going into the net. he rarely gets challenged when playing for bayern either, but people are fawning over him. i don't understand it. great keeper sure, but this whole playing out the back and running up the field is going to bite him in the arse eventually.

waiting for this sweeper midfield keeper nonsense to fall flat on it's face, it's some of the most overhyped nonsense around.

just stop the ball from going into the net. he rarely gets challenged when playing for bayern either, but people are fawning over him. i don't understand it. great keeper sure, but this whole playing out the back and running up the field is going to bite him in the arse eventually.
You clearly don't understand the tactics behind it. Having a keeper like him means the defense can play higher up the pitch and press more.

well thanks for explaining the obvious.

it's hardly necessary for a team like bayern to be taking such a risk. all it takes is one rash run out and there's an empty net. the fawning over it is ridiculous.
Alright genius get your team to play a high defensive line and have the keeper not run out. You'll concede at least 2 counter attack goals per game.

Alright genius get your team to play a high defensive line and have the keeper not run out. You'll concede at least 2 counter attack goals per game.

a team like bayern.

comprehension not your strong point evidently.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back