Ballon d'Or 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Buffon has been making mistakes over the last few years which is to be expected given his age. Not top5 anymore but one of the best keepers of the last 20 years. Casillas lol, he is a liability these days. Mourinho was right to drop him a couple of years ago and he hasn't returned to form.

Casillas won the CL. We should big up goalkeepers based on team achievements.
Why? Real won the CL. Casillas had a minor part to play in that. Besides, he was shocking in the world cup so he can be marked down based on Spains performance then.

Can we agree now that this award is a steaming pile of crap? How on earth does Messi make the top three? Over Lahm or Robben??? this is a joke

Can we agree now that this award is a steaming pile of crap? How on earth does Messi make the top three? Over Lahm or Robben??? this is a joke

Not exactly sure what it's rated on (best player of 2014?).

But- Messi still had a stellar year. Won best player at world cup (whether you agree or disagree) scored an awful lot of goals still etc. Top three for the year? Arguable. Ronaldo will win it though.

Which is lame.

Would of had Lahm in the top three. Just doesn't look right having a keeper in there.

Ronaldo
Lahm
Messi

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can't be playing in Bundesliga if you want this award. The winner has come from Spain every year since 1999 except when Kaka won with Milan and Ronaldo with Man United.
As sad as it is, you are correct. The same with the teams of the year, same old favouring of Barca/Real. Don't get me wrong, I won't be unhappy if Cristiano wins it as he has had a great year, won CL and scored many goals). My top 3 would be Robben, Lahm & Cristiano (as much as Neuer has been great, these three have been better).

You can't be playing in Bundesliga if you want this award. The winner has come from Spain every year since 1999 except when Kaka won with Milan and Ronaldo with Man United.
Looks like you just have to be a good boy

BsdSZnuCQAA4kJY.jpg

Messi will finish his career with five or six. Ronny will finish with two lol

Ronaldo flopped at the World Cup. World Cup should have a bigger weighting than other competitions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back