Teams Baltimore Ravens - Rise and Conquer

Remove this Banner Ad

My C.J Mosley Jersey arrived today. Thought I'd jump on in his rookie year, looks awesome in the purple, the last one I got
was a black-out alternate.

Anyone want to buy a Rice Jersey?...... :D:(:cry:

What would he be worth? If we could work somthing out to land a CB that would be perfect.
He was a second rounder, looked ok but probably not much, to be honest, given what most trades in the NFL work out for.

We are ****ed this season.
Before the season I thought maybe 9-7, but I can see the Rice thing to drag on and be a distraction now I'm thinking 5-11.
I just think with no run game again Joe is going to have to throw too much and our defense is good but not sure if it can hold every team under 20 points every week.
Am I being too negative?
We haven't had a top 10 pick in quite a while maybe it might be good to add to the young players we have on both sides of the ball.

I’ve been feeling the same way. Ozzie has said today that the ravens weren’t lied to and what he was told by Ray was what was on the tape.
If that’s the ******* case why didn’t we do more at running back this offseason? The incident happened over a month before the draft! We’ve got the journeyman in Forsett, “Tissue Paper” Pierce and Lorenzo who’s best asset is pass pro. WTF?!

Why didn’t we use our 7th rounder on Crowell instead of a upteenth receiver who was going to be on the bubble as soon as he was drafted? The way we have handled this from a moral and football perspective has been woeful.

Kind of annoyed me how each drive we just kept going the same player the whole drive.

Especially when Joe seems to ignore our most talented WR who is in a contract year :confused:

Is Torrey just not getting open?

His route tree consists of a go-route, and that's pretty much it. In two games of the Kubiak offense how many deep shots have we taken? Maybe 3?

He's probably our most dangerous runner though, I wish we'd try get him more touches - screens, underneath routes, end-arounds etc..

Exactly. You see the way the Steeler use Wheaton and all the great design screens in the league and it seems like we are really missing out on a dynamic play we could add.

Torrey wasn't even on the field for our two touchdowns last week.

You can already see that Jimmy Smith will be the priority for ozzie to re-sign

(Log in to remove this ad.)

oh ok I assumed because they were from the same draft class they had identical contracts but I guess Jimmy had his extended at some point. Cheers drd23

oh ok I assumed because they were from the same draft class they had identical contracts but I guess Jimmy had his extended at some point. Cheers drd23

Nope. As a 1st round pick, the team had the option during the off-season to exercise a 5th year option equal which was $6.898m. So the Ravens need to offer a new contract for 2016

FYI, the details on the the option for 1st round picks:
For players taken in the top 10, the fifth-year option equals the transition tender for the player’s position in the fourth year of his contract. (The transition tender is based on the average of the 10 highest-paid players at the position.) For players taken from No. 11 through No. 32, the option arises from the average of the 25 highest-paid players at the position, with the top three excluded.

Pitta done for the year, and probably career over :cry:. Was well on his way to becoming a top 6-8 TE in the league when he first went down last year, damn shame. Played a key role in a Superbowl win and got that big second contract, still a hell of a career when you think about it.

Everyone gotta step up now, Torrey, Daniels, Marlon, Juice, Gillmore. Especially Torrey after his pathetic display cleveland, you're supposed to be a leader on this team ffs, how about playing like you actually care if we win or lose.

Thank * for Steve Smith. If we didn't have him I'd probably be calling season over right about now.

Yeah, I really hope Pitta's career isn't over. He still has so many years ahead of him. As you've said though at least he got a ring and was a big contributer in getting it for the team as well.
I hope that Marlon Brown will get more snaps as a result, 7 touchdowns last year and really fights for the ball and he's physical.

What an awesome throw by Joe to Steve Smith, loved that it was against Haden who loves to talk himself up as one of the best in the league. How the hell do you let old man Smith get behind you?
Taliaferro looked good as well which was a surprise for me. Although the talk is that Pierce will start ahead of him this week if healthy, which I really don't get. The guy cannot stay on the field and has not looked nearly as decisive in his cuts as Taliaferro did on Sunday

Pitta is done I think, which is sad as he was becoming a real threat in the middle.
Steve Smith, has been more than I hoped for so far.
The defense needs to get more pressure on the qb as other than Jimmy Smith and Mosley our db's and lb's are average in coverage.

It was great to see the offence really click on Monday. Forsett looked great and Flacco spread the ball around with success.
I liked this photo from the game

Big game this week against Indy. Secondary is still an issue with us giving up big plays due to blown coverage. That's something that Luck could really take advantage of. I really hope this is something that can be fixed with the help of Will Hill over Stewart at Free Safety.

Elam has had a disappointing year. I think Cam was going after him a bit when he was forced to play nickel corner.

The secondary is a problem, but we seem to be getting enough of a pass rush to combat the problem.
The offensive line is playing lights out, only 3 sacks on Flacco all year so far.
The running game is a nice surprise too.
It'll be a shootout I think against indy, however our D is better so I think we can win this one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back