Ban the Catholic Church

Remove this Banner Ad

While not wanting to get into this debate it has been done before (just substantially higher quality).

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/why-are-the-high-levels-of-pedophilia-in-churches.531987/

Seems to be that paedophile in the church is around societies average, which would mean banning the catholic church wouldn't have any impact. You would have to ban males, I assume it more prevalent in males than society in general. I haven't really gone into detail of the studies but it might add something to the debate.

Was tempted not to post. mottrain et al hadn't had a chance to flip a lid. Then I realised they will probably go full sooz aneway.
And thus the thread delivers.
Do you even read what you post? "Members of their cult" and "complicit in such crimes".
At least Jiska tried to build a case. Poor attempt at that though. Most Catholics are just as appalled as everyone else at the disgusting crimes that were committed and probably still are committed by a small minority of the church's priests. My stepbrother is a detective and he said it is impossible to tell if someone is a paedophile.
Let's also ignore the fact that most molestation offences are carried out by a family member or relative.

Yep. Full s00z accomplished.
Going through the last few pages, just decided on one quote per. The brain really can be conditioned to only see what it desires.

Also, will Dardy be in trouble when the governments new hate preacher legislation gets the go ahead.
Well statistically the OP is more likely to have a paedophile in his family than the local church is.
Oh, and one more thing, out of Christianity and Islam, the followers of one rape, molest and abuse children a lot more than those who follow the other, and I give you a hint, it's not Christianity.

Pls keep your bigoted, racist views off this board unless you're willing to be unbiased and treating all religions equally, thanks.
like-banned-paid.jpg
What is the point of this thread. What about the hordes of good Catholics.

Going through the last few pages, just decided on one quote per. The brain really can be conditioned to only see what it desires.

Also, will Dardy be in trouble when the governments new hate preacher legislation gets the go ahead.

post liked

Satire seems to be such a difficult concept for so many people.

Even when Jiska dumbed it down with

Of course it's a pisstake

it still sailed clear over so many heads.

Sometimes I am slow on the uptake, but in this particular instance I worked out what was going on when I read Post #1 on Page 1. :)
It seems everyone understood bar one :p

The Catholic Church, like most mainstream churches, tends to do more for our homeless and people on the fringes than any government of individual ever did.

I don't like it as an institution, but there are a lot of good catholics out there.

I am coming to the realization that the tribalism of all revealed religions, --- and that is all it is, tribalism, not a belief in a God, that that all revealed religions, --- should be outlawed because they are all fake as they are all based on myths.

If we are looking at Christianity in particular, it is based on immoral tenets.

Here is an example.
Christianity is based on substitutionary atonement. Is it a moral religion?
The case of substitutionary atonement that I wish to speak of is when God deemed it moral and just to punish his innocent son Jesus, --- instead of punishing the guilty sinners that God was to condemn.
The strange part of this situation is that God had chosen to sacrifice Jesus even before the potential for sin was created, --- God had yet to create the earth, --- showing that what God was killing Jesus for, --- he had yet to create.
This was an arbitrary choice for God that was completely needless. God could have chosen to punish the guilty, --- what most call justice, --- or God could have found a moral way to forgive us. Instead, God chose to do the unjust and punish the innocent instead of the guilty.
The sacrifice was to pay or bribe God to change his usual policy of punishing the guilty to immorally punishing Jesus. God could have shown mercy and justice but instead decided to use an unjust method to forgive us.
That means that to be a good Christian, you have to accept and embrace the immoral tenet of human sacrifice and the notion that the best form of justice, --- when one wants to forgive someone, --- is to kill an innocent party.
As above so below.
At the end of days, God is to bring his law to earth.
Would you, as an innocent party, think it just if God punished you instead of the guilty?
Do you think that Jesus would ever preach such an immoral form of justice?

I do not seek an answer to the question but only wanted to show my thinking.

I will add this above as an O.P. when I can.

Christianity gave us the Dark Ages and Inquisition and that Church should die. It is not worthy or moral.

Regards
DL

The Catholic Church, like most mainstream churches, tends to do more for our homeless and people on the fringes than any government of individual ever did.

I don't like it as an institution, but there are a lot of good catholics out there.
Case in point.

How good are (most) of the catholics who knew about the abominations performed within their faith, in their name, but were so otherwise occupied that they never bothered to mention it to anyone? This is why we have the best-intentioned Royal Commission ever devised. It has nothing to do with the perpetrators, who are beyond recall, but those sluts who smoothed those perpetrators' path of denial. Pudenda are pudenda. It takes an especially vile type of person to cover up for destroyers of lives. We should attack those who knew, yet remained silent. Unlike the hopeless perpetrators of such hideousness, they have no excuse for being captives of the delusion which represents their vile being.

Last edited:
How good are (most) of the catholics who knew about the abominations performed within their faith, in their name, but were so otherwise occupied that they never bothered to mention it to anyone? This is why we have the best-intentioned Royal Commission ever devised. It has nothing to do with the perpetrators, who are beyond recall, but those sluts who smoothed those perpetrators' path of denial. Pudenda are pudenda. It takes an especially vile type of person to cover up for destroyers of lives. We should attack those who knew, yet remained silent. Unlike the hopeless perpetrators of such hideousness, they have no excuse for being captives of the delusion which represents their vile being.

Well isn't that the nature of powerful insitutions anyway? Secrecy, respect for authority, chain of command etc. tends to lead to corruption.

Throw in all the biblical mess, the perversion, the violence of the scripture etc. with easy access to vulnerable people. Its ****ed up but I can see why people didn't speak out. The church in those days was, for some people, their only way of staying "in" society.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Christianity is based on substitutionary atonement. Is it a moral religion?
The case of substitutionary atonement that I wish to speak of is when God deemed it moral and just to punish his innocent son Jesus, --- instead of punishing the guilty sinners that God was to condemn.
The strange part of this situation is that God had chosen to sacrifice Jesus even before the potential for sin was created, --- God had yet to create the earth, --- showing that what God was killing Jesus for, --- he had yet to create.
This was an arbitrary choice for God that was completely needless. God could have chosen to punish the guilty, --- what most call justice, --- or God could have found a moral way to forgive us. Instead, God chose to do the unjust and punish the innocent instead of the guilty.
The sacrifice was to pay or bribe God to change his usual policy of punishing the guilty to immorally punishing Jesus. God could have shown mercy and justice but instead decided to use an unjust method to forgive us.
That means that to be a good Christian, you have to accept and embrace the immoral tenet of human sacrifice and the notion that the best form of justice, --- when one wants to forgive someone, --- is to kill an innocent party.
As above so below.
At the end of days, God is to bring his law to earth.
Would you, as an innocent party, think it just if God punished you instead of the guilty?
Do you think that Jesus would ever preach such an immoral form of justice?

I do not seek an answer to the question but only wanted to show my thinking.

I will add this above as an O.P. when I can.

Christianity gave us the Dark Ages and Inquisition and that Church should die. It is not worthy or moral.

Regards
DL
Christianity could not content itself with building up its own
altar; it was absolutely forced to undertake the destruction of the
heathen altars. Only from this fanatical intolerance could its
apodictic faith take form; this intolerance is, in fact, its absolute
presupposition.” [Adolf Hitler,

make of that what you will

Taxing religious organizations wouldn't be a prohibition.

So with the Catholic Church, start from a position they should be taxed then have them prove which sections are charitable.

Hospitals - no tax. (In which case private hospitals should not be taxed?) Hospital laundry service that also offers commercial terms to other organizations - tax it.

But this will never happen. Logical as it is, there are no votes in it.

Taxing religious organizations wouldn't be a prohibition.

So with the Catholic Church, start from a position they should be taxed then have them prove which sections are charitable.

Hospitals - no tax. (In which case private hospitals should not be taxed?) Hospital laundry service that also offers commercial terms to other organizations - tax it.

But this will never happen. Logical as it is, there are no votes in it.
Still want to see openness and transparency when it comes to the so-called charitable part of any organisation.

Still want to see openness and transparency when it comes to the so-called charitable part of any organisation.
It will be seen as an anti-religious witch-hunt, an attack on the poor, whatever they can get away with.

I am of the opinion the some paedophiles are attracted to roles of power such as the church, or teaching or coaching.

I dont think the Catholic Church teaches people to become paedophiles. The offenders were that way before they were ordained.

The Catholic church must do all it xan to bring offenders to justice

I am of the opinion the some paedophiles are attracted to roles of power such as the church, or teaching or coaching.

I dont think the Catholic Church teaches people to become paedophiles. The offenders were that way before they were ordained.

The Catholic church must do all it xan to bring offenders to justice

A question which should arise is this: What is the psychological state of a person who, at the age of 16 years, decides they will commit themselves to a course of action which involves them making a solemn vow never to have sex with anyone? The real problem lies in their methods of recruitment. Only raving lunatics would be attracted by such a lifestyle. Q.E.D. Never expect such introspection from a church whose only concern is the maintenance of the power enjoyed by these lunatics. The lunatics have taken over the asylum, as they were promised.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back