Ban the person above you

Remove this Banner Ad

King of Ruin

The First Rebellion
Sep 10, 2012
Under The Banners Of War
AFL Club
Carlton
Ban the person above you game. Bit of fun for us who aren't mods.

Pretend to be a mod, you must give a reason to ban the person above you. It could be something stupid like "HBF is banned because he doesn't fit the height requirement to be on our board" etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hate authoritarian types. I'm not a serial offender but sometimes a red mist descends and logic flies out the door. Seeing it's football I believed that umpires deserved my advice sometimes when they got it wrong. Most of the time I was constructive and lucid in my criticism.

One day we were playing a match at the Western Oval, not the doggies old ground, the one near the Royal Park Golf Course. Immodestly I say reading the game and running to the right spots was a football skill I possessed in spades. I was particularly adept at the handball receive long before others cottoned onto it. On this day, it was windy, which meant both teams were sucked up the end going towards Royal Parade because that was the prevailing direction of the wind. To kick a goal going the other way in these conditions was a rare event. The opportunity arose and I saw it early. It was like beating the off side trap in soccer. The ball flew in the direction of my team mate who had an opponent but I was as John Lennon posthumously said 'free as a bird'. I joyfully took the handball receive with no one in front of me and no one quick enough to catch me. Then I heard the umpire's whistle. What? I turned and he said "throwing the ball". I had a perfect view and he didn't throw the ball and told him so. The umpire said, "give up the ball or I'll penalise you fifteen yards". The red mist descended and I kicked the ball as far as I could into the Royal Park Golf Course and said "get it yourself" and accepted the 15 yard penalty ;)

I'm thinking under 15s, 1971 or 1972. After all this time I'm banning myself for behaving so badly :oops:

Dedicated to the Immortal Tyrant :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back