Banter Banter thread Part 1 - Opposition fans welcome - let's have fun

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Where are the Richmond fans still saying Yarran is the missing link for a Tigers premiership

Schwartz's view

“You can’t turn up to pre-season a peppermint patty when you’re trying to prove yourself at a new club, that is a bloody good club that has got real strength all over the ground.

“He will fit in, but I will tell you now, he will play reserves footy all season, Richmond aren’t just going to gift him a game.

“At the moment he’s got a calf injury probably because he wasn’t fit enough when he arrived, not good enough.”

Heppell, Howlett, Hardingham, Hocking, Hibberd, Hurley.

YAY! I know me Essendons. :p
Wasn't counting Hardingham, even though he's one of the 34.

He was delisted at the end of 2014 but signed for the VFL team in 2015. Starred for them too. But yeah, in 2016 he was due to captain coach Pascoe Vale rather than play for us again.

The 'H' you've missed there is Hooker, my friend.

He was delisted at the end of 2014 but signed for the VFL team in 2015. Starred for them too. But yeah, in 2016 he was due to captain coach Pascoe Vale rather than play for us again.

What happened with Hardingham?
I remember my Bombers supporting mates being excited about his prospects as a utility a few years ago.

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

Likes to wear the red and black.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What happened with Hardingham?
I remember my Bombers supporting mates being excited about his prospects as a utility a few years ago.

Too limited to succeed for sustained periods at AFL level. You might remember him kicking four against you guys in early '14, but soon after he fell out of the side because he tended to get worked out fairly quickly.

He was also played back a lot and while that played up to his strength of marking and spoiling, his biggest problem was that he couldn't kick and in the backline he was thus, overall, a liability and a turnover merchant who cost us goals. Serious heart in mouth stuff every time he played defence...

We didn't play him forward enough. But I think overall he was one of those 'almost, but not quite there' types. Played 65 games, not a bad return.

Too limited to succeed for sustained periods at AFL level. You might remember him kicking four against you guys in early '14, but soon after he fell out of the side because he tended to get worked out fairly quickly.

He was also played back a lot and while that played up to his strength of marking and spoiling, his biggest problem was that he couldn't kick and in the backline he was thus, overall, a liability and a turnover merchant who cost us goals. Serious heart in mouth stuff every time he played defence...

We didn't play him forward enough. But I think overall he was one of those 'almost, but not quite there' types. Played 65 games, not a bad return.
"Not quite there" but he managed four against us. We have (had) a habit of making opposition players and teams look better than they are... It stops this year!

"Not quite there" but he managed four against us. We have (had) a habit of making opposition players and teams look better than they are... It stops this year!
Fingers crossed!
We've had more than our share of scrubs playing the game of their life against us.

Hey now, Bobble Head Watson managed four against us in the drawn game between us at the end of 2014.

Newton's Third Law in operation.

Was that really 2011? Five years ago?
Surely not... **** I'm getting old...
April 2011. What I might term BBF- before BF.

Well before your time, but those were the days when Kiss Stephanie and HyperAggressiveDonk pretended they ruled supreme. I'd occasionally look on as a lurking visitor and think "geez, and that's why I'll never join that site".

Alas...

Where are the Richmond fans still saying Yarran is the missing link for a Tigers premiership

Schwartz's view

“You can’t turn up to pre-season a peppermint patty when you’re trying to prove yourself at a new club, that is a bloody good club that has got real strength all over the ground.

“He will fit in, but I will tell you now, he will play reserves footy all season, Richmond aren’t just going to gift him a game.

“At the moment he’s got a calf injury probably because he wasn’t fit enough when he arrived, not good enough.”
For the benefit of others* who might not know - what's a peppermint patty?

*me

April 2011. What I might term BBF- before BF.

Well before your time, but those were the days when Kiss Stephanie and HyperAggressiveDonk pretended they ruled supreme. I'd occasionally look on as a lurking visitor and think "geez, and that's why I'll never join that site".

Alas...
And now you're like the boss of everyone!

I don't know who those people are but I'm pretty sure there at least a couple of modern day equivalents, such as .....

Nah! I'm not doing that....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back