BAS School Footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Was originally scheduled for 1pm at Port Melbourne but was shifted to Chirnside Park, Werribee due to works at TEAC Oval. Game start remains at 1pm tomorrow. Shepparton's Notre Dame are the opposition.
Spider is co-coach with a fellow teacher, Richard Schomburgk.

Was originally scheduled for 1pm at Port Melbourne but was shifted to Chirnside Park, Werribee due to works at TEAC Oval. Game start remains at 1pm tomorrow. Shepparton's Notre Dame are the opposition.
Spider is co-coach with a fellow teacher, Richard Schomburgk.

What day? Would love to see the big Spide in action, what kinda set up does he and Richard have as in who does what in their roles? I'm tipping Spide would be the fired-up and passionate one :thumbsu:

You play for them Grimmett? Just was reading the article in the Courier

Eyeing back-to-back Country Cups

07 August 2007

BALLARAT'S top footy school is chasing promotion into the big league with a victory in tomorrow's Herald Sun Country Cup grand final.

Ballarat & Clarendon College's football team will push to join other successful country schools such as Assumption College and Sale Catholic College in the top Melbourne-based Herald Sun Shield competition.

But first the school must triumph over Shepparton's Notre Dame College at TEAC Oval, Port Melbourne, tomorrow to become back-to-back champion school in country Victoria.

Ballarat & Clarendon co-coach Shaune Moloney admitted he was unsure how the school football team would go against Notre Dame.

"It's very hard to say. They won their half of state and we won the west half of the state," Moloney said.

"We haven't played Notre Dame before but we do know they have a few Murray Bushrangers players from the TAC Under-18 Cup competition playing for them. Obviously they're a strong team and they're known as a very good footballing school but in recent years we've done quite well too.

"It's a very prestigious competition and not easy to win, so we're pretty excited about it."

The Ballarat & Clarendon team also has its share of TAC Cup players in North Ballarat Rebels Bede Mahon, Taite Radley and John Delahunty.

It first won the Ballarat district's competition against Ballarat High and Ballarat Grammar, before beating St Josephs in Mildura in the quarter final by about eight goals. Last Wednesday the school won the semi-final against Emmanuel College from Warrnambool by about 10 goals at Mortlake.

BAS schools yesterday got completely mauled by AGSV, yes they were very undermanned as a whole team with all the Rebels Boys not playing along with local competition stars such as Kyle Orr(SPC) & Sam Kitchen(Damascus) but still coach Howard Clark still decided to go with joke players such as Will Young(BHS) & Robbie Lockett(SPC) really what is Clarky coming to surely the BAS team should be stacked with all the towns stars not the town jokers and wannabes.

nick suban has to be the best footy player going round ballarat and so is belly and caldow top blokes and guns s**t over them college w***ers anyday

nick suban has to be the best footy player going round ballarat and so is belly and caldow top blokes and guns s**t over them college w***ers anyday

you must be pretty confident to be saying that mate... im a gramma bloke and i would have to say that college were a much tougher team to play and tackled hard whereas st. pats just are good at running with the ball but arn't prepared to do the hard stuff... thats just from the games against gramma so yeah will be a good game and is a bit early to sayin they will s**t on them!!!!

BAS schools yesterday got completely mauled by AGSV, yes they were very undermanned as a whole team with all the Rebels Boys not playing along with local competition stars such as Kyle Orr(SPC) & Sam Kitchen(Damascus) but still coach Howard Clark still decided to go with joke players such as Will Young(BHS) & Robbie Lockett(SPC) really what is Clarky coming to surely the BAS team should be stacked with all the towns stars not the town jokers and wannabes.

AGREE... sam kitcen is a gun and a awesome player and should be in any team before robbie lockett!!!

patties proved far too good for college in the bas grand final on wednesday... even with stars bell and suban relatively quiet by their standards st.pats were able to win nearly every position... starting at full back with sculley dominating radley, keeping him to less than a handful of touches, jordan harrison also had the better of bill barnes... key forwards clifton and caldow far too strong for lynch and vidler, and who ever said caldow cant kick should feel extremely stupid after the goal he slotted from close to 50 in the 3rd qtr... all in all a thoroughly deserved win for patties

the patties boys are once again, without a doubt, the premier football school in ballarat... after a shaky start they gradually worked there way into the game and never looked like losing after half time... congratulations to patties and commiserations to bcc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is clear now that College are just posers and even buying all of there players isnt going to get them a flag
College are one very soft side and when there was a biff they were throwing handbags

College accept the defeat, Pats played better on the day, it was a HUGE upset but college were happy to win the herald sun cup.

for what single reason would college be considered favourites before the game?.. the herald sun cup is the * cup for schools in victoria who are'nt good enough for the real deal.

for what single reason would college be considered favourites before the game?.. the herald sun cup is the * cup for schools in victoria who are'nt good enough for the real deal.

Of course they were favourites, they were clearly the better side.... Any team in which Robbie Locket gets a game must be crap..... Its funny u say that about the Herald Sun Cup, because after college won the cup they know advance to the Herald Sun sheild.

Of course they were favourites, they were clearly the better side.... Any team in which Robbie Locket gets a game must be crap..... Its funny u say that about the Herald Sun Cup, because after college won the cup they know advance to the Herald Sun sheild.

mate you havent answered my question and given a descent reason why they would be considered favourites, a title in which you are alone in placing upon college.. and robbie locket kicked 3 goals in a very weak side which played college at college only a few weeks before the grand final, and also played in the BAS side despite being only in year 10. were you in that side mate? and any team which has players like tim coolman and peter lynch must also be very, very crap.. if before the game we are told that peter lynch would hold down a key position in a side then they would instantly be considered a slender chance to come anywhere near winning

mate you havent answered my question and given a descent reason why they would be considered favourites, a title in which you are alone in placing upon college.. and robbie locket kicked 3 goals in a very weak side which played college at college only a few weeks before the grand final, and also played in the BAS side despite being only in year 10. were you in that side mate? and any team which has players like tim coolman and peter lynch must also be very, very crap.. if before the game we are told that peter lynch would hold down a key position in a side then they would instantly be considered a slender chance to come anywhere near winning
Can i just remind u that its school footy ur talking about..... U and all the other Arrogant pricks from Pats are all a bit to passionate...

I think its great that BAS footy isn't so one sided anymore.... There is now another team who can play a competitive game of football against St. Pats....

Its just a shame that every player on the PATS team has a head three times larger than normal as they have finally beatin a good oposition side.

Can i just remind u that its school footy ur talking about..... U and all the other Arrogant pricks from Pats are all a bit to passionate...

I think its great that BAS footy isn't so one sided anymore.... There is now another team who can play a competitive game of football against St. Pats....

Its just a shame that every player on the PATS team has a head three times larger than normal as they have finally beatin a good oposition side.

oh yeah here we go mate, you talk it up then once your shut down you make petty excuses like its only school football.. thats hopeless mate

you say st pats have big heads?? first of all who were all the people on here talking it right up before the grand final and after your win during the home and away season, yes it was college kids and i didnt hear any st pats kids talking themselves up, we kept quiet right up until the grand final, and we won and deserve bragging rights, and we havent even bragged! i am the first one who might be considered bragging but all i was saying was questioning why college would be considered favourites, and when you bagged one of our players, i also questioned the quality of two of your players... and your the one who said st pats win was lucky and an upset as college are clear favourites, and considering college as clear favourites without giving any true reason is extremely arrogent.. you just sound like a poor loser to me mate

Mate you just got grilled!
college are a bunch of fairys mate everyone knows that!

you cant say that college are fairy's when clearly this year they where alot harder at the pill the patty's, with the likes of bede and dela always keeping there heads over the ball when patty's are the ones with there eyes up always with the cheep hits..

you cant say that college are fairy's when clearly this year they where alot harder at the pill the patty's, with the likes of bede and dela always keeping there heads over the ball when patty's are the ones with there eyes up always with the cheep hits..
this is close to the most ignorant comment i have ever read... teams dont win grand finals with players that take cheap shots and dont put there heads over the pill... patties play for the school, college play for themselves with the rare exception of andy leahy who is an actual ballarat boy, i feel bad for the kid having to play with a bunch of guys with there heads in the clouds

mate college just dont like rough mate proves my point in them being fairys

Remove this Banner Ad

Back