Where is Roman Reigns at?

Remove this Banner Ad

There is nothing in this thread that isn't already in the Rumble thread or the 2 WM threads.

Seems like a thinly veiled attempt to start more arguments so the contrarians can show that they too cool for the alternative people that love Bryan...

being the cool looking big guy, sort of like Diesel was.

And they stuffed that up too - Diesel was a bad ass then after pulverising Backlund for the title they have him on the cover of WWF magazine with a "s**t-eating grin". No one wants to see potential monsters acting like baby-kissing babyfaces.

Put Roman Reigns himself aside for a minute, I do agree that the whole thing is just being over complicated.

The Simpsons was one of the greatest shows ever because it was funny & entertaining. Then they went the route of making every episode about the celebrity or pop culture fad of the month to try & appeal to whoever would like that sort of thing rather than continue with what was obviously working & what the audience enjoy & it just turned to crap.

If the fans are entertained by Daniel Bryan give them that, the next star will make themselves just like he and pretty much every major star they've ever had has done. All the biggest names in the company's past have just come about without the issue being overly forced & just growing in the audiences eyes organically.

Ffs just keep it simple WWE. It's not rocket science & it's not hard to appease the fans & let them enjoy what they want. You're going to grow your product if you are actually putting something entertaining & appealing to the fans wants out there so just concentrate on that.

Also how they can come to the conclusion that it is only the 'yes' chant that is over is beyond me. So the 'Daniel Bryan' chant I heard for half the casket match with Kane last night then, what was that about? Is it easier or more fun to chant the dudes name than a 3 letter word sometimes is it?

Honestly? I'm going to say it. I don't like Roman Reigns.

It's the fact that the WWE is trying so hard to get him over, and Reigns himself knows this and is practically breaking kayfabe and saying this. His interview on Raw, where he said "the WWE fed me when I was young" and things like that, it just screams self-entitled for no reason.

Compare this to someone like Mizdow, Bryan, hell even a guy like Ryback. They've been in the wrestling business forever, and they've paid their dues and done the hard yards down the bottom. Reigns hasn't done this whatsoever, and hasn't shown any reason why he should be pushed to beat Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania. This is the Brock Lesnar who, despite having a broken rib kayfabe-wise, beat Rollins and John Cena in a triple threat. After getting up from 2 briefcase shots, 3 FU's, and lord knows what else.

He's not even close to ready, and anybody thinking he'll put on a good match with Brock is delusional.

Or do are you more drawn in by a living action figure in Roman Reigns, who looks believeable right off the bat to a non-fan, looking and sounding like an action film star? He looks like somebody, not the nerdy vegan I.T. guy at your work.

DysB0Bd.gif

Other than his mic skills, I feel that the only other reason people s**t on Reigns is because they think he's going to become the next Super Cena.

It's very likely. Cena turns 38 this year. Reigns has gone from 3rd man in a stable to the biggest match of the year in only 7 months, 3 of which he was injured.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pencil in Cena's last (full time) WrestleMania/SummerSlam for the face vs face, unofficial passing-of-the-torch championship match.

Pencil in Cena's last (full time) WrestleMania/SummerSlam for the face vs face, unofficial passing-of-the-torch championship match.

No chance - he'll be around til he's at least 40.

I think, because he's so maligned by so many people, it's easy to forget that 1) he actually puts on very, very good matches a lot of the time and b) he's physically a super human. Even when he starts breaking down due to age, he's still going have the physical prowess of a normal guy, and there's nothing to suggest that he's slowing down yet.

In addition to that, Reigns still won't be ready by Summerslam - in fact, I think it's inevitable that in order to fix Reigns, he's going to have to go heel again and turn face more organically.

It's very likely. Cena turns 38 this year. Reigns has gone from 3rd man in a stable to the biggest match of the year in only 7 months, 3 of which he was injured.
I know that it's extremely likely, I just feel that we shouldn't really be shitting on him for stuff he hasn't even done yet. Who knows he could completely **** up and he doesn't even have a great career.

I think we would. The journey to get here may have been slightly different.

I think the appetite for Bryan would have been more satisfied, had we had even just 4-6 months of him as champion.

No idea what they would have done with Brock Lesnar in that time, though. I don't feel like a Bryan-Lesnar feud would have been as good or impactful as the continuation of Cena-Lesnar was.

Maybe they could have had Bryan hold the title for a whole year, still done Cena-Lesnar without the title, and had Lesnar win the Rumble (something he's never done), and then take the title from Bryan at WrestleMania 31. From there, you build Reigns during 2015, have him win the Rumble next year, and take the title as a hot face from Lesnar at WrestleMania 32.

Maybe they could have had Bryan hold the title for a whole year, still done Cena-Lesnar without the title, and had Lesnar win the Rumble (something he's never done), and then take the title from Bryan at WrestleMania 31. From there, you build Reigns during 2015, have him win the Rumble next year, and take the title as a hot face from Lesnar at WrestleMania 32.
This would have been optimal, but it was disrupted with Bryan's injury.

Also Lesnar won the Rumble in 2003. Youngest Rumble winner ever.

This would have been optimal, but it was disrupted with Bryan's injury.

Yeah, so can people understand why WWE might want to see him put together a bit of time and work being fit and healthy before putting big accolades (Rumble win) and possibly the title on him again? What if he came back, won the Rumble, wasn't feeling right, and ends up either pulling out of WrestleMania, or working that show, and having to have time off with injury again? Just cluster*s things. I know Reigns has been injured recently too, but a hernia is different to and can have far less ongoing complications once than a broken neck.

Also Lesnar won the Rumble in 2003. Youngest Rumble winner ever.

Forgot about that. That's a bit of a lost era to me, as I wasn't watching live for a few years there. Have caught up since, but stopped keeping up regularly from late 2000-mid 2006.

Yeah, so can people understand why WWE might want to see him put together a bit of time and work being fit and healthy before putting big accolades (Rumble win) and possibly the title on him again? What if he came back, won the Rumble, wasn't feeling right, and ends up either pulling out of WrestleMania, or working that show, and having to have time off with injury again? Just cluster****s things. I know Reigns has been injured recently too, but a hernia is different to and can have far less ongoing complications once than a broken neck.
I don't think people realise that it's not that we (and when I say we I mean those that didn't want to see Reigns win the Rumble) just wanted to see Bryan win, we just wanted to see somebody that wasn't Reigns win, within reason so not Fandango.

And it's not like Bryan is injury-prone either, so I highly doubt that would be a problem. The fact is that they're just incensed on pushing Reigns no matter what. And Bryan wouldn't pull out of the Rumble. If the doctors didn't tell him to stop wrestling, he would have wrestled with a broken neck. He's wrestled injured before and will again.

I think the appetite for Bryan would have been more satisfied, had we had even just 4-6 months of him as champion.

No idea what they would have done with Brock Lesnar in that time, though. I don't feel like a Bryan-Lesnar feud would have been as good or impactful as the continuation of Cena-Lesnar was.

allegedly the plan was Bryan vs Brock at Summerslam (2014).

I don't think people realise that it's not that we (and when I say we I mean those that didn't want to see Reigns win the Rumble) just wanted to see Bryan win, we just wanted to see somebody that wasn't Reigns win, within reason so not Fandango.

Seems the tune has changed here somewhat. Reigns just happened to be the unfortunate fall guy before, now it's "anyone but Reigns".

And it's not like Bryan is injury-prone either, so I highly doubt that would be a problem. The fact is that they're just incensed on pushing Reigns no matter what. And Bryan wouldn't pull out of the Rumble. If the doctors didn't tell him to stop wrestling, he would have wrestled with a broken neck. He's wrestled injured before and will again.

Well you never know with neck injuries. There was a fair bit of genuine uncertainty there for a while as to whether he'd ever come back.

Even if he was willing and able to wrestle one match with a broken neck, that's different to WWE building their top storyline and top title around him, and being able to work the champion's schedule. No matter how evil and medically irresponsible people think WWE are, they're not going to willfully risk a guy ending up in a wheelchair or other permanent damage, if there are other options. Understandable why WWE may balk at just throwing him right back into that right away.

Seems the tune has changed here somewhat. Reigns just happened to be the unfortunate fall guy before, now it's "anyone but Reigns".

Well you never know with neck injuries. There was a fair bit of genuine uncertainty there for a while as to whether he'd ever come back.

Even if he was willing and able to wrestle one match with a broken neck, that's different to WWE building their top storyline and top title around him, and being able to work the champion's schedule. No matter how evil and medically irresponsible people think WWE are, they're not going to willfully risk a guy ending up in a wheelchair or other permanent damage, if there are other options. Understandable why WWE may balk at just throwing him right back into that right away.
As for the tune changing, you'll find that that the vast majority wanted Bryan to win, but once he was gone it turned into "anybody but Reigns". Which says something about Reigns and the WWE's viewpoint, in that they're not listening to the fans.

I never said anything about whether the WWE would let him, or that they're evil.. I'm saying that even if he had a broken neck he would have wrestled. He's a tough mother*er who just loves wrestling and has worked so hard to get where he is, but he's still not seen as the guy by the WWE until the fans force their hand.

But again that's not really my point. My point is that this "softly, softly" approach would do more harm than good to Bryan, and honestly it's nothing more than an excuse not to push him to the main event. Because he's not injury-prone, and others have come back from a broken neck and excelled. It's nothing to do with his injury, and it's everything to do with the fact that the WWE doesn't want him to be the guy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back