Roast Basil Zempilas......

electricfeel

Cancelled
Sep 21, 2008
AFL Club
Fremantle
Ha! Well I have seen that, and generally I dislike James Brayshaw, but I really liked that call.

Also, Basil is a piece of s**t.

I think what it also shows is that a group of 4 men screaming is better than Basil...

I really liked the ABC and SEN calls though. Would've loved for it to had been Huddo calling it though.

Apr 8, 2008
PollieCentral
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fulham/76rsPhilsNovaDrexel/Atalanta
Man, that was goosebumpily good.

I just love the crowd reaction behind the goals :D

I was lucky enough to be on the first level, directly behind where Hilly eventually kicked the goal, after running straight at us Freo mob for about sixty metres.

When he made his second bounce, for some reason (which I still can't explain) I stood up and started yelling "come to daddy!!". Despite the fact I had seven Geebung supporters either side of me. Dunno why, I just had this bizzare vibe that his line-breaking run would be good.

After the first two times I yelled "come to daddy" a whole bunch of the Freo fans (about 90 or so) around me started to stare at me as if to say "WTF??" or "shut up dude".

I apologise for distracting them from what is surely one of the single greatest moments in Freo history, especially for us East Coast fans.

Suffice to say that by bounce #4 I was not the only one yelling "come to Daddy" - and when he kicked it I looked like a genius pundit. As opposed to two years before when I did the same thing when Jack Anthony had the ball only to kick it out on the full. Backwards...

One out of two ain't bad. Come to Daddy MkII, Stephen...

12Chill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Haven't noticed this about the Freo games but he's definitely my most hated commentator (even in front of Brian Taylor and Kelly Underwood or whatever)

electricfeel

Cancelled
Sep 21, 2008
AFL Club
Fremantle
Haven't noticed this about the Freo games but he's definitely my most hated commentator (even in front of Brian Taylor and Kelly Underwood or whatever)

I think I would rather listen to Kelly Underwood instead of Basil. They are both monotonous but at least Kelly wasn't a supreme twat.

Mezz

Club Legend
Aug 27, 2010
unceded Wangkatha lands, W.A.
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
I couldn't believe that Basil was going on about a 'possible' illegal interchange seconds after that magical run by Hilly.

He is an absolute w***er who has to find the negative in anything Docker-related, or if he can't manage that, somehow has to work Wet Toast into the commentary.

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
I was lucky enough to be on the first level, directly behind where Hilly eventually kicked the goal, after running straight at us Freo mob for about sixty metres.

When he made his second bounce, for some reason (which I still can't explain) I stood up and started yelling "come to daddy!!". Despite the fact I had seven Geebung supporters either side of me. Dunno why, I just had this bizzare vibe that his line-breaking run would be good.

After the first two times I yelled "come to daddy" a whole bunch of the Freo fans (about 90 or so) around me started to stare at me as if to say "WTF??" or "shut up dude".

I apologise for distracting them from what is surely one of the single greatest moments in Freo history, especially for us East Coast fans.

Suffice to say that by bounce #4 I was not the only one yelling "come to Daddy" - and when he kicked it I looked like a genius pundit. As opposed to two years before when I did the same thing when Jack Anthony had the ball only to kick it out on the full. Backwards...

One out of two ain't bad. Come to Daddy MkII, Stephen...
Wait, the weird thing was calling the goal early? Not the paternal cometh here?!

I think I would rather listen to Kelly Underwood instead of Basil. They are both monotonous but at least Kelly wasn't a supreme twat.
I was against Underwood commentating due to her voice, but I'd take her over Ricciuto any day. Honestly, are his balls ever going to drop?

Dockernut

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 23, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Sharks. Anyone playing West Coast.
I was against Underwood commentating due to her voice, but I'd take her over Ricciuto any day. Honestly, are his balls ever going to drop?

Pffft, stop using my gags Reg :rolleyes:. Aaaaanyway, if it were up to me, I'd have Nerilea Meadows on my......err radio. Seems very knowledgeable and a tragic Freo fan apparently. Of course, those two traits naturally go hand in hand.

Pffft, stop using my gags Reg :rolleyes:. Aaaaanyway, if it were up to me, I'd have Nerilea Meadows on my......err radio. Seems very knowledgeable and a tragic Freo fan apparently. Of course, those two traits naturally go hand in hand.
I'm sorry if I trod all over your balls joke. I haven't seen it.

Back