Basketball manager game

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 20, 2005
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Washington Wizards
Hi all

Seeking expressions of interest for basketball fanatics to be involved in a little project I've been working on.

There are a stack of AFL-related fantasy manager games out there ( http://s8.zetaboards.com/affl being one of the best - having run over 8 years and counting...)

However what strikes me as odd, is that it's near impossible to find similar NBA games.

What I've been thinking:

○ 30 managers (one for each nba team)
○ Managers would select an existing NBA franchise to manage.
○ Managers would be responsible for trading, drafting, and signing/waiving free agents within a pre-determined salary cap.

The league would be marketed as an on-going league, with an indefinite lifespan.

Managers would be expected to be active (preferably daily) in managing their roster and responding to trade negotiations.

The league would commence around the time of the 2015 NBA Draft, so at this stage I'm merely seeking expressions of interest from prospective General Managers.

If interested, please message me.

Cheers, Stoney.

Hi all

Seeking expressions of interest for basketball fanatics to be involved in a little project I've been working on.

There are a stack of AFL-related fantasy manager games out there ( http://s8.zetaboards.com/affl being one of the best - having run over 8 years and counting...)

However what strikes me as odd, is that it's near impossible to find similar NBA games.

What I've been thinking:

○ 30 managers (one for each nba team)
○ Managers would select an existing NBA franchise to manage.
○ Managers would be responsible for trading, drafting, and signing/waiving free agents within a pre-determined salary cap.

The league would be marketed as an on-going league, with an indefinite lifespan.

Managers would be expected to be active (preferably daily) in managing their roster and responding to trade negotiations.

The league would commence around the time of the 2015 NBA Draft, so at this stage I'm merely seeking expressions of interest from prospective General Managers.

If interested, please message me.

Cheers, Stoney.
I'd be keen! Hard to find 30 people interested that would be 24/7 active though. Maybe 15 people with a team in each conference could work?

I'd be keen! Hard to find 30 people interested that would be 24/7 active though. Maybe 15 people with a team in each conference could work?

I already have 15-odd people interested and I've only advertised for less than 24 hours on various sites around the net.

The dream would be to have all NBA teams represented. Still 3-4 months until the RL nba draft, I reckon we can make it happen!

Would definitely be interested

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Actually owning that game, as well as CM15, they're really not the same thing at all in terms of the depth or the experience.

It still meets the requirements of playing 'all by yourself at the time of your choosing, at your own pace, without real-time "turns" or others involved'

Apologies this concept isn't what you're after, as the saying goes - you can't please everyone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BoshtrichBurger Atlanta_Cats flaps Gak Attack

Can you please let me know your preferred teams to manage. (I'd assume Magic - Bosh, Hawks - A_C and Rockets - Gak) - just wanting to confirm.
Don't think I want to use my own team, I tend to avoid it on nba 2k15 and I will here,
EDIT: my preferences are
1. Charlotte
2. Miami
3. Indiana

Last edited:
Don't think I want to use my own team, I tend to avoid it on nba 2k15 and I will here,
EDIT: my preferences are
1. Charlotte
2. Miami
3. Indiana

No worries my friend, it pays not to make assumptions :)

Charlotte are available so I will pencil you in for the Hornets.

I will email you closer to the date to reconfirm interest. Expecting the site to be up within a month, and the game to formally commence around the real life NBA Draft (June)

Would prefer a CM-style basketball management game that I could play all by myself at the time of my choosing, at my own pace, without real-time "turns" or others involved.

Ever tried the Draft Day Sports or Fast Break Basketball games? You can play solo or join online multiplayer leagues. I'm in some good leagues with GM openings if you're interested.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back